You are loosin business.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I don't know when I was going to be silver. Therefore, I did not plan to pay my sub.

Now I am going to be delayed to pay my sub.

Is this a good experience to take away our timer showing our remaining days paid?

The problems, loosing 200k hp, no J5 mercs, can't gain exp. Not fun when you can't play at high end.

you guys really need to bring back a way for us to know when we go silver IN GAME Now a website to log in and search the hoops.

Anyone wanna say negative about this.. (nenene you can just look on the website).. stick it in your neck!
  2. Zamiam Augur

what they need to do is put a command line /sub in game like they have with /char or /play etc .. they really need something .. like you, DB looses money everytime i go F2P cause I wait to resub or I might think well I haven't been playing much lately maybe i'll just wait a month or 2.. they could also have an Alert window pop up 5, 3 and 2 days prior to our sub running out ..
    The market place could also keep the date in that window .. cause once you claim the free DB cash if your on a monthly or krono it stops telling you when you claim your next DBC .. they could fix it so it always tells you ..

Either way something needs to be done .. I wont stop playing cause of it , but I guarantee DB is loosing money and not just from me ..
  3. Diptera Augur

I'd assume the majority of people that pay for accounts do so on an auto-renew process anyway, don't know how many people are actually affected by this. (other that the two people above).
  4. Zamiam Augur

you know what they say about people who assume
    Duder likes this.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

Some people need to just sign up for reoccurring payment. It would help relieve some of your stress and probably save up some of the internetz. Its getting all used up from these kind of posts, oh and posts where people feel the need to have to explain the difference between your and you're (which is always the smoking gun in any internet debate).
  6. Diptera Augur

They are statistically likely to be correct? ;)
  7. Febb Augur

So they are releasing the grip on business, making it loose?
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You could call:

[IMG]

OR

1. Grab a pen
    2. Grab a stack of Post-its, or slum it with a piece of paper & some sticky-tape
    3. Navigate your way to https://www.everquest.com/home
    3a. Log in
    3b on the drop down at the top of the page go to "Account Management"
    3c click on membership info
    4. Check & write down the date that your sub is due to be renewed or expire onto the topmost Post-it note.
    5. Stick the post it on the bottom of your screen
    6. Voila! Now you know.

If you would like to show gratitude for this hoop-defeating advice please send funds to a charity of your choosing, but please don't stick it in your neck, that would be very bad.

Also:

[IMG]
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This only affects players who use Krono.

If you pay with a credit card then "The DGC All Access membership fee is a recurring charge; that means that you will automatically be charged the fee at the beginning of each cycle until you cancel."

And my utility company is the same way. They don't flicker the lights when my bill date is due nor does my dsl pop up a flag saying "pay me! Pay me!"

And this is why children under the age of 13 are not supposed to play this game.
  10. Diptera Augur

Just as a matter of curiosity, how do you have a situation where you need to actively make a monthly payment? All the options on the website appear to be for recurring payments only. Do you click the monthly subscription then immediately cancel it, or just buy and consume a krono each month?

Edit: Looks like CatsPaws beat me to the post ;)
  11. Zamiam Augur

even your Utility bill sends you an email or a paper bill reminding you that your due date is coming up ..

Im not a child .. but its not my fault I can make pp in game and buy my sub thru a krono and not have to use my R/L hard earned money .. if you want to thats your choice .. but dont insinuate that because we do, we must be a child of 13..

No matter what type of bills you have , they send you a friendly reminder to pay each month ..
    Chopin.Xegony likes this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Set it up with a credit card and get the recurring payments. Then when you pay with a Krono it will not charge you that recurring payment until you are out of Krono.

This way if you forget then your account is covered and you don't go Silver.

I, for one, look forward to my monthly free DBC so much that I don't take a chance and miss the payment date. And I pay for more than one month with my Krono on the accounts that use it. Yes, I have a mix of accounts, some use Krono, some don't and some are Silver and F2P.

I am sure no one wants to do it that way cause it takes away the illusion that earning Krono in game allows you to play free. So use your hard earned time to farm free Krono. ;)
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I agree that it sucks not having the Days Remaining shown in game anymore but is it really that big of a deal? If I log into an account and it says Silver, I know that I need to click another krono when I get in game. Yeah, you drop to like no mana/endurance but it takes what 2 minutes to med back up if that.

The new option I've switched to is clicking an extra Krono so I'm a month ahead now, as others pointed out you can use the free DBC claim timer to figure out when the account is set to expire. Once I claim my free DBC I go ahead and click a krono so I know when the next claim date is and I know I have 30 more days from that date.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

When you do end up paying your utility company you pay for the time that the bill was late. When you are paying EQ with krono the time starts from when you clicked it and does not include the time from when the sub subscribed until you clicked the krono. This is also true for when paying for a subscription via credit card as well. Since you don't back pay for the time the sub was lapsed your subscription level drops until you resubscribe.
  15. KermittheFroglok Augur

What this guy said. Pretty easy solution to a minute issue, if it’s even a real issue. To me this is like complaining that you need to swipe your credit card because the store you’re at won’t let you pay via phone. Claiming time through Krono is painless and not that big a deal, dropping to F2P or Silver for a couple minutes isn’t a big deal either. Knowing you need to re-up your time about ____ point in the month isn’t hard either.

Let’s not waste the Devs time on trivial things like this.
  16. enclee Augur

It’s a pain to drop from 6 to 4 shared bank slots. You can’t check the bag’s inventory, while it’s on the parcel vendor. So, you’re left just playing a guessing game which lore items it contained. I don’t know how they determine which character to send the bags.
  17. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

*shrug* with out easy krono are to buy with plat earned in the bazaar or selling TAs, I'm not sure why more people don't do it. I haven't actually used my own money to pay for anything but expansions in the last 2+ years.
    Andarriel likes this.
  18. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

If I'm not mistaken, the free 500 SC in the marketplace should tell you when you're up. Like, it'll say you can make your next claim on this date, at this time. That date is when your account needs to be renewed.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This is not correct, if you are at the end of a sub (or on krono) it will just say you need to renew in order to claim but not give you any date for when the claim would be.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  20. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I've never had that happen. I'm guessing that only happens with FTP accounts and not Silver accounts. Not sure if there's a a ftp option to go ahead and buy the extra slots permanently but I wouldn't be surprised if there is one.