VP Key Enough is Enough

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pneumothorax777, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Pneumothorax777 New Member

Devs need to fix this quest. There is no rational reason to gate content behind this kind of a key quest. Make every spawn a 1 hour guaranteed spawn so people can actually get the thing done without toxic gameplay and .
  2. Pneumothorax777 New Member

If I were a dev and wanted to justify this with a money reason, I would look at every the inventory of every account that canceled in the past 2 weeks and cancels in the next 2 weeks and see how many half finished VP keys there are on the TLP servers. I'm betting that would be a very high %.
    wade_watts and Thewiz like this.
  3. wade_watts Augur

4. Gemstoner Elder

Damn, I miss that show. :)
  5. TLP Addict Augur

As somebody that has it done, I agree, this quest was a huge pain to get done with so many guilds all trying to get keyed up at once.

Yes I know they have shortened a lot of respawns and made changes but it's still not enough, the spawn rates on mobs like RS/PS and AJ are still not high enough and are the major bottlenecks causing people to give up in frustration.
    Erekai likes this.
  6. Koniku Elder

How are you not in vp yet its been a month
    haaaalp and ttin like this.
  7. Krimmz The Lizard Journeyman

you should have rolled with hicks and the boys! you would have got it in 2 days like most of the proper core of our guild.
    ttin likes this.
  8. Relentless Insomnia

Getting a key like this should feel like an accomplishment. It hardly feels that way for those of us who remember how bad this key used to be. Every server you all complain and you have no clue how much they have already done to make it easier for you all. It isn't even in the same realm of hard to complete as it used to be. It used to require more than a few days of dedication. Wimps.
  9. Tymeless Augur

are there really any accomplishments to be proud of in a 21 year old game. There is nothing hard in any of the old expansions at this point. The only thing going on here is there is a time sink nothing that takes skill.
  10. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Some of us are accomplished at life, allowing us the time to sink into a game we find fun.
    wade_watts likes this.
  11. Tymeless Augur

I did the time sink on mangler. It wasn't fun. I didn't feel accomplished. I did it because there was nothing else to do and I wanted to see VP once in my life. I did it can check it off my list but I can think of 1000 things that I would consider more fun then sitting in FV camping AJ or any of the other camps i've sat at in my life.
    Erekai likes this.
  12. wade_watts Augur

Haha. Hilarious! "So accomplished in life that you need an outlet of a place to spend your time"
  13. yerm Augur

IMO they should change VP keys to be as accessible as VT ones are now; very hard to get blocked out of those ones if you're willing to just put in the time, but you do need to put in the time. Then make the epic quests all far more challenging with contested content the way wizard is. This would mean that having an epic is a huge competitive accomplishment while raiding VP is accessible to anyone willing to grind it regardless of server toxicity.

But that'll never fly.
  14. Runes Augur

VP is no more a sense of accompliseny than HS or SEB needs to be, that's a laughable statement to make. You also are missing that this quest was designed for content that stayed in Era that was far longer, close to a year, not three months.
    Of course it needs to be shortened now because times have changed and the quest is outdated and many people are skipping it because it's rewards are too minor for the toxicity and drama these two camps cause.
    Erekai and Duder like this.
  15. heatawareness New Member

Then go do one of those 1000 things? You people act like you don't know what you are signing up to when you play this game.
  16. Xhartor Augur

The bigger problem is that once you are in VP, you discover 80% of the loot is a bunch of sub-par weapons.
  17. Tymeless Augur

I am. I did the quest. I saw the content. I'm telling you the quest wasn't worth it for the content. I'll never do it again as the quest is currently designed on a 3 month TLP. You all have fun rerolling and doing the same content over and over again in 1.5 year cycles. I'll play the game where I'm actually fun and don't get off on comparing my ep---n with others.
  18. Aneuren Tempered Steel

[IMG]

I am fairly sure people think they are signing up for access to raid content, given that's how these servers have been promoted from the beginning. If much of, or an entire, expansion can go by where a raid force is prevented from having those targets available to them by other players, then the Darkpaw policy makers have failed.
  19. Protagonist Tank

Suffering is not a super power. Tedium is not a virtue.
    Tymeless likes this.
  20. Gremin Augur

My guild has done FV twice, spawning multiple picks over numerous hours with over 40 plus characters in each and still had very dismal Ancient Jarsath spawn rate. 4 hours we where there, saw 10 AJs with 6 in the main pick, 2 in each of the other picks. The spawn rate on this guy is horrid. I have players in the 20 hour range trying to get this guy.