Buff slots and permeant AA's round 2!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dropfast, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Ninelder Augur

Yeah some of it is easy, and I added info on other lines of what you requested. Others lead to questions. Like Illusionary Spikes is on the Ranger AC buff line. What happens to that?
  2. Allayna Augur

The shaman aura is a great example of a positive change. Zoneside, permanent until character death then needs to be reactivated and is actually an AA.
  3. Dropfast Augur

What do you mean what happens to that? I'm suggesting they stack. Damage shields have fallen insanely behind anyway. What is IS at now anyway? 230? That's a compete joke in current content. Even if they made every single DS stack like that, ranger buff, Storm guard, IS, ect ect, it's still not even a drop in the bucket to the millions and millions of HP's on current mobs.

It sounded like the Devs were trying to bring back DS anyway this expansion by greatly improving a few spells / abilities, that would be just another small step in the direction they were going anyway.
  4. Dropfast Augur

#2. Regardless of Ruaabri's and Req stacking with the RoS fam is Irrelevant. They are the same buff on the same line. Ruaabri's is just the lesser / easier to get group version. Either way, 115 toons should not have to consume a buff slot for so little HP IMO.

#3. Deserving or not they exist. I'm suggesting they stack. The DS clickie / buff is made into a permeant AA ( that rangers and druids can get as well) and the spell continues on like usual. Thus Druid / rangers keep their advantage.

#4. Their are VERY few type 2 familiars, only 4 I know of. I don't care if you can only have one or all 4, either way is fine with me. They can do that, the same way you can't have soothing breath and Knowledge of the past. You click one, it gets rid of any others on that line and you gain the AA for the one you clicked. Simple )

#5 My point is current buffs like this shouldn't be buffs at all, they should be AA's. Their are no stacking conflicts with AA's like their are with buffs. Countless melee are using Dragon war mask or miniature eyepatch because they mostly stack and are "one of kind". It's just another way to free up another buff slot. Jann's is used by everyone.

#6 I don't see how this would be a mess? you can only have 1 of the 4 or 5 on at a time, just like Soothing breath / Knowledge. Same concept, when you click one of them it gets rid of the others and adds the one you clicked. Boom, another buff slot freed up.

#7 You wouldn't have to reclick them if they were made into AA's. That's the point, AA's and buffs stack. I don't think 600 hp or whatever is going to break anything but it would be nice to not have to carry these around 24/7 for when I don't have ranger buffs.

#8 Yea i know Aura of the Void is on the same line as Jann's. It would be lesser / lower rank of that AA line I'm suggesting. Same for number 9, Grit would be on that same "line". Aka, they would not stack but rather be a part of that progressive "line".

#10 Again, this buff is so old and so weak they could just make it stack by making it an AA. I really don't care about this one much, it was just an idea ><

# 11 This does stack with the ranger buff, I just tested it days ago and it stacked with all current buffs, for monks at least. The + Str part does nothing as it's not heroic and were capped but the + AC does. This item is also ALL/ ALL so every class can use it. I don't really care that much about this one but still, it is an old clickie that could be made into an AA.

#12 and 13 Again same as above. Their are no "lines" or stacking issues with AA's like their are with buffs. ( except Soothing breath / Knowledge and a few rare "highest one takes over" exceptions) Nothing would happen to the buff because you would have it as an AA! Thus eliminating that hole problem.
  5. Dropfast Augur

I guess while were talking about stacking issues, I'll sum up all that jibbersh I just threw out. In short ( for the most part) AA's and buffs stack. Your viewing it as one or the other. You can have both most of the time. What the Dev's did with that first round of AA's was brilliant! It knocked out a few birds ( problems) with one stone. It both freed up a ton of buff slots AND it opened up buff lines for future spells / buffs.

For example, I don't think many people even realize that when they made all those "Form of xxx" buffs into AA's it freed up all those buff lines! But they haven't used any of those slots for anything new yet. Have you noticed that those anniversary items are just copies of the old Form buffs? They stack with those AA's.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=116236

They just made new expendable versions of them. Right now their are a bunch of "free" spell lines with nothing on them but these expendables. They could also eliminate quite a few stacking issues just by moving some "lines" to these now free slots.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

People leave the shadow AAs up, out of habit (which is also why most want them in the first several slots) from when they would go up against mobs which can disspell you. You have a smaller chance that the dispell will hit the buffs you actually need. Now when you reach max buffs, you will want to click off those pointless buffs so that and debuffs will land there instead of on the real buffs.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

I do not recall those giving buff slots in the past. You are already more powerful than you should be.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We had AA consolidation to reduce the number of AA lines as we are nearly at the limit and you now want to add more AA lines just for the sake of it?
    Andarriel likes this.