Secondary Hand - 1HS or 1HP

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Izzard of Bertox, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Parsed for 30 min. 15 min each. (If it takes longer to find a difference I start to not care)

Target: Level 111 Combat Dummy from behind
    Fully Raid Buffed - no poisons - Auto attack /w/ Auto Backstab only.
    Velium Enhanced Short Spear /vs/ Velium Enhanced Sword

Dagger = 347Kdps
    Sword = 372Kdps

Summary data: Slash avg hit 2K higher, avg crit 2K higher, max non-crit-hit 1K higher, Max crit 3K higher, minimum hit 500hp higher.

Thoughts on this?
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Dagger Ratio 12.52
    Sword Ratio 12.57

Sword 12.57 vs Dagger 12.52 = sword is 0.05 or 0.5% higher in ratio

Sword 372K vs 347K = Sword is 25K or 7.2% higher in damage

Another way of looking at it is dmg per ratio:

Sword is 29,594.27 damage per ratio point
    Dagger is 27,715.65 damage per ratio point

Difference between the two using that method is 6.78%

The differences here are likely due to the damage bonus being higher on the slower weapon provided you had no +damage augs in either weapon.
  3. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Ack, I totally did not mention that I am a rogue. It seems there is no advantage for using a dagger in the secondary hand. Truth?
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I could be wrong since I'm still not quite awake, but the only mechanical benefit to 2x Piercers would come from debuffs like the Pinpoint line, and the math for that will involve how many Rogues a raid has to determine uptime percentage on the debuffs, etc.
  5. kyong Augur

Uhmmm..that's not good right?
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I didn't ever think there was, exception being if the mob has a weapon type weakness.
  7. Skecpa Journeyman

The 114 pinpoint disc would increase your piercing damage by 3%. In raids that would likely always be up if you have 2-3 rogues. (1.5min duration, 3 minute recast)
    It'd probably be easier to parse out if you put a no-damage in mainhand and only parsed the offhand weapon. This would remove the random massive strike crits and such from the overall damage number.

Is 3% piercing damage enough to make up for the 0.05 ratio difference? Maybe! Get the individual performance data for each in the offhand with no-damage mainhand and see if the sword is more than 3% higher assuming 100% uptime on pinpoint or 1.5% assuming 50% uptime.
  8. Covennx Augur

Multi hour, offhand only parses, full raid buffs, full burn setup, group = bard, shaman, bers, rog, ranger, bst.

Velium Enhanced Short Spear, Sword, Club, Axe. Your mileage may vary. Need to parse yourself for the most accurate information.

[IMG]
    Szilent likes this.
  9. Kalipto Augur

So then what's the take away here? Just equip the best ratio in offhand?
    Szilent likes this.