Can we have the raid Kromrif Etching runes on the Raid Vendor?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arwyn-RoV, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Arwyn-RoV Augur

Its a little later into the expansion and the random number hasn't been kind to us. Glowings rarely drop for us and it seems a reasonable thing to have on the Raid currency vendor to use this ever increasing pile of Warlord's Symbols on.
    Drewie, Raccoo, Syylke_EMarr and 16 others like this.
  2. Celephane Augur

Happy Birthday, Arwyn
  3. Szilent Augur

yes please, raid spells on raid vendors all the way from TBM through ToV & beyond
    Jumbur, Duder and Celephane like this.
  4. cadres Augur

Amen!
    No idea why this stopped happening??
    6 months into expansion we have (very approximately) 50% of the rk3 we need
  5. Triconix Augur

Should add aug ores and luck augs to the vendor as well. In a couple weeks we'll be earning enough coins for an ore a week. It just hit June and all gear minus the 1 ore and spells goes to alts or rots. By the end of summer, even ores will be going to alts because everyone will be max gear.
  6. Ibudin Augur

I actually raid with the OP - and haven't miss a clear of TOV this year, yet have zero glowings. Not because they don't drop at all, but because 52+ people need at least a couple each, and other classes more. I always wondered why don't they add them to the vendor - of all expacs. Its a chest drop, should be purchasable by coin. Make the price as high as a diamond, I could care less, gives you an option to at least save towards one.
  7. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

IMO spells shouldn't be on the vendor until after the next expansion launches. Then they should go on there for relatively cheap.

also, bring back ancient spells/abilities! =P
    Duder likes this.
  8. enclee Augur

What's the reasoning behind this? It's the equivalent to saying a vendor shouldn't exist.
  9. svann Augur

Whats your justification for vendors selling items but not spells?
  10. Marton Augur

iirc beimeith posted that runes will be added to a vendor later.
  11. dreadlord Augur

Doesn't make sense. To be effective a tank needs need armour - I can buy that at the raid vendor. For a caster to be effective they need the best spells (ok and focus effects) that they can get. It would seem more equitable if spells were available - I really can't see any reason why not?
    svann and Celephane like this.
  12. Caio_Xegony Lorekeeper

this 1,000x's this! bards need their rk 3's ughhhh
    Funky likes this.
  13. Caio_Xegony Lorekeeper

perfect example of a bad idea right here folks!
    Funky likes this.
  14. Elfawn-FV New Member

Yes please.
  15. Cuuthbert Augur

I like the idea but all my coin right now would go to buying nuggets for my gear. As far as luck augs and or for type 19's. I don't like that idea. Go clear the trash do the work, I have luck augs on 6 toons and ever type 19 made for them. Get a good group or 2 and do the farm
  16. Dalrek_MM Elder

Was some discussion about glowing drop rates last night in guildchat. Looking at the DKP site it seems atleast there is an issue. unless this can be explained by RNG...?

droprate
    Minor : 25%
    Median: 21%
    Lesser: 21%
    Greater: 18%
    Glowing: 14%

So yes...maybe putting spell runes on raid vendor isnt such a bad idea
  17. Vumad Cape Wearer

I 100% agree they should be on vendors from any expansion prior to the current one.

I'm a little torn about the rules on a current expansion. On one hand, yes, put them on there. On another hand, I feel like maybe they should be progression, like any T1 win unlocks minor/lesser, any T2 win unlocks median and greater and any T3 win unlocks glowing. Maybe they are all there but progressive wins lower the price. Or something else, I dunno, just make them all available from day 1.
    Or just make one rune work for every spell level.

Not sure what the right, fair, correct answer is, but the current answer of never making it on vendors even several expansions later is not the right answer.
    Jumbur likes this.
  18. Jennre Band Leader

I agree with Vumad that they should be locked behind raid progression, maybe even vanquisher achievements.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Tbh, Im a bit "ocd" with "completing" my spellbook, but I feel bad about outbidding more needing guildies because of that. I would like having the option of buying them of a vendor too. Locking them behind progression seems like a useful compromise, either like Vumads suggestion(tier-wise unlock) or just have it require beating all the raids in the expansion. Vanquisher is a bit much, as not all guilds can manage that.

And whatever you do, do it retroactively for all expansions with raid vendors! :cool:
  20. Rashod Lorekeeper

Fully supportive of adding spell runes to the vendors. Of all the drops, spells certainly create the most frustration from members each expansion.

Not super supportive of the idea of them being locked behind progression (if they drop from the raid - put them on the vendor), but would certainly prefer they make it to the vendor and if it takes this compromise I'd be on board. However, locking folks out from being able to buy them that are the same group of raiders that have access to the least amount of spell runes seems doubly punishing the lower tier. Its not often we make it through all the raids in an expansion before the next or even years later for that matter (TOV being the exception of recent expansions). And I know we don't "deserve" all the best of everything if we aren't beating the expansion, but when BIS everything drops from the first raid of an expansion it kind of throws this idea of progression of drops out the window.