Adding 4th Box Class Advice

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Naewizzy, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Naewizzy New Member

Hi all,

I am a returning player looking for some advice on adding a 4th box. I currently run a 106 WIZ / ENC / WAR and want to add a fourth. I am torn between MAG, BRD, or DRU. My main is the WIZ and is raid geared with full AAs from TBM. The WAR is half raid geared. I also have a 105 SHM sitting on the shelf, but not super interested in adding it to the team unless I were to go full 6 box and add more melee. The MAG / BRD / DRU are all in the 90s, so wouldn't be hard to level up. Haven't played any of the new expansions so would love input on what could help before I adventure out.

Appreciate the input!
  2. EternalNewb Journeyman

I think any of those three would work. I think the mage would be best.
  3. Petalonyx Augur

When you get to 4+, mage for group coth all the way.

I'd put druid as a close second. If you decide to go with 5, get a druid in der!
  4. Duality Augur

Just go bard AND mage. Either one of those two are tough to replace. The bard can handle charm breaks when you need to pour another drank. The druid could probably push close to the mage dps, so if you already have a war and don't need the pet tank, you could always go that route. My main groups are enc/dru/zerk/bard/mag.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

Mage.

Group CoH makes moving around easy. Unlimited arrows if pulling with your warrior. Also ENC animation is not in a very terrible spot right now when using mage weapons if you want to take it easy and not charm.

You already have wizard for ports and snare so only reason to add a druid is if you need non-merc heals or track/forage.

Charm was mentioned. The mage is better than the bard because the mage pet will automatically chase down aggro if assigned. One options is to put the charm mob in the mage Xtar slot and do /xtar # /pet attack and the mage pet will automatically chase down the broken charm.

Bards are strong, but take a lot of input. Outside of overhaste etc they don't offer much more than an ENC does. Beguilers synnergy and conjurers synnergy work well together. I wouldn't want to box a bard unless it was my main and the others were assisting it.

The only disadvantage compared to a bard is you are weak on melee, but not by much and it's only on occasion you encounter mobs highly resistant to spells, but mage pet is about 50% of the mage DPS.

Only real complaint is by not going BRD/DRU you still can't track, so you have to decide how important track is to you.