Politcal Statement?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Finfan, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Finfan Augur

Lately every time I port into PoK I find myself in the midst of several people who are always there, and never move. One guy was there every day for about a week and then briefly disappeared. Today he was back again. They never move, they never appear to do anything, and they're all in the same guild named Congress. Do you think they are trying to make a statement?
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Maybe it's performance art without any performance.
    Finfan likes this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

If they remain silent then the similarity to politicians falls a bit short.
    Nolrog, Kattria Minx, Tatanka and 2 others like this.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

I bet its funded by George Soros!
  5. Diptera Augur

"congress" does have other meanings... in which case, "motionless for ages then vanishes" is relatable... ;)
    Nennius and Skuz like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It interesting how players will group their alts/guildies together and stand around in POK usually showing off that they all have the same mount or illusion.

The best one yet was just last week when I saw 6 monks with bare chests all standing in a group. Thought I was at Chippendales and tried to stuff a plat down their pants but they were afk;)
    Zaray likes this.
  7. MarcusD New Member

So correct me if I'm wrong here. There is a reason to never log off, NORENT items correct? So if people are on their computer anyway they can just keep their character active for long periods of time and when he was missing was probably when he was actually playing.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Well put. Personally, I like this one. "The action of coming together".
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not so much no rent items.

Its just a hangover from days gone by.

Years ago the Veteran Rewards and Loyalty Tokens were based on time on your account.

Many players did not read this correctly and thought it meant time you were logged into the game.

It really meant time you had subscribed would determine the rewards and tokens. But all that has changed over the years and no longer has any bearing on either reward.

Still people are bullheaded and then when the first server merges rolled around and players who had /played the longest were allowed to keep their name - if there was a duplicate coming in from a merged server - instead of getting the dreaded X after their name - well that encouraged players to always stay logged in so they could prevent losing their name in any future merges. Maybe.

Its just like playing /anon. Players used to do that so they would not get inundated with buff requests all the time. And they had to have guild leaders approval to go /anon. I mean it used to be so bad you could not play a cleric or enchanter more than 5 minutes without someone wanting you to go to them to buff/rez them. Now most /anon people are using things they shouldn't and most guilds could care less about their reputation.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Could be protecting their names in case of mergers by having more played time.

Or they are one guy who likes to have a toon logged in and why not log all his accounts in.

I try to always keep a toon logged in so I can log guild and general chat etc... every so often its useful when a situation comes up or I pick up a useful piece of info when reviewing the logs.