New Expansion info....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Greymantle, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Greymantle Augur

Where for art thou? Last year we were getting screenshots of the new zones in the mid to end of August! It's now end of Sept. and zipp info? Is there one even planned for this calender year?
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Not sure why you're making things up. ToV was announced on October 16th last year.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Greymantle Augur

4. haaaalp Augur

5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

So you're complaining that they didn't give a third party an early preview of things for a 2nd time out of 27 expansions before they announced the expansion?

Get over it.
    Dibab likes this.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

User that produces videos not affiliated with EverQuest. Though there was an accompanying Producers letter at the same time teasing the new ice shaders, something completely new for EQ which probably warranted an early preview.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...rs-letter-late-summer-2019-discussion.259197/

We did not get the official (beta) announcement revealing the expansion name and information until October 16.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...er-torment-of-velious-beta-discussion.259912/

A little of A, a little of B. We got to see screenshots in August but knew nothing else about the expansion until October.
  7. Greymantle Augur

Heh that sword is equipt for the stats not the damage. For dps i Dual wield the velium enhanced short spear and the axe which are in the blue velium bag.One has a +15dmg the other +14 + effects. As for the bow i presume your talking about the frost blossom? Try parsing that, the proc hardly ever gets resisted , unlike the fire and ice types.
  8. Greymantle Augur

Agreed! As i said , we were getting screenshots and hints in AUG of last year. Have you seen ANYTHING about the next expansion? And those screenshots were in the producers letter that can out in Aug.

Why all the hate? Just curious as to the silence..
  9. Riou EQResource

From Daybreak, no, from other places, yes

Just like the previous like 10 years :p
  10. neveroom Journeyman

Because this year has been a "normal" year /boggle
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Tatanka and Skuz like this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

SPOILERS

[Sun May 10 20:03:48 2020] Velketor the Sorcerer says, 'Ah, so you have returned. And my king yet lives? Glorious news. I thank you. I will gladly tell you all that I know of the magic that is causing the dead to wander and the ice to move. I believe that it is not the ice itself that is so active, but the minute particles of velium that are diffused within the ice. Velium is easy to attune to magic. I believe that [someone] is performing a grand ritual that uses all of the unclaimed and tiny bits of velium on Velious in some dark way, for some dark [purpose].'

[Sun May 10 20:04:08 2020] Velketor the Sorcerer says, 'Well, it is clearly dragon magic. I know that you will be inclined to disbelieve any accusations that I, as a storm giant, might make against the dragons. Our feud is older than your species and none of my people, nor any dragon, will let it die. But what I say is the truth. I know draconic magic, and that is what animates the velium. To what [purpose] I cannot precisely say. This is all that I know. I wish I could tell you more, but I must remain here to protect this place and be available should my people need me. I will help the Kromrif find a way to breach the ice and gain access to the lands beyond. We may have to dig much deeper than the old tunnels and enter the lands of our ancient foe in a way they will not predict, but we shall do so, eventually.'

[Sun May 10 20:04:33 2020] Velketor the Sorcerer says, 'The only thing I can ascertain is that the magic causes the velium to vibrate. It moves with the power of the ritual, and the direction it moves is upward. I cannot even guess why this is the case. All I can say is that this is the strongest magic that I have sensed since the Sleeper was entombed. I fear what the dragons might be doing with this power. The fact that it is tinged with necromancy also disturbs me. This is what causes the dead to walk, but I cannot understand how that interacts with the other, primary power of the ritual. This is all I know, friend. When the time is right, return to Kael Drakkel and speak with our leaders. They will be able to show you the way forward. I thank you again for your help, now and in the future.'
    Fenthen and Yinla like this.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's not hate, it's exasperation at the 4th or 5th post now. They don't generally release much info at all until a few days before beta. Anything we get is just a bonus. You can expect info a few days before the ToV sale ends.
  13. enclee Augur

If you’re feeling exasperated by forum posts, I suggest you skip them. No need to be a wet blanket for someone’s excitement. There are going to be a lot of people that are in a good position for the next expansion due to ToV being easier, and they’re excited.

OP, they’ve had some monumental challenges this year outside of the pandemic with management changes, key staff departures, server migrations, etc.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

This exactly. I've lost count of how many "Is there even a new expansion" posts I've seen. Last year with the early screenshots was more of an exception and not the norm. We've already seen some of the new Collection Items in game, there's definitely a new expansion on the way and they started working on it before the pandemic and everything else that has happened.

With all of the recent events they could be a little behind, but I'm thinking we'll still hear something around the normal time. Late October/early November we should have some concrete info and/or beta.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Yinla like this.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I didn't reply until now, remember? I'm telling the OP why OTHERS are. LOL
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Ladies & Gentleman, may I proudly present the spokesperson for the disaffected.

/curtain
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Saryrn is rezzing Jaled'dar. And we BETTER be getting Othmir w/ fez as a new global illusion.
  18. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Where is this from?
  19. Jennre Band Leader

You get this info from talking to Velketor after finishing the raid arc.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

After beating the raid I told Velk that King Tormax sends his thanks.