Just a Simple Request

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tshesebe, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

I see a lot of hyperbole and ad hominum here.

Bullsnooze, if a guild repeatedly trains or KSs you do you provide a service to that guild or tip them? I AS I've said before I like the social aspect of the game. What makes one choose a DE SK vs an Ogre? You can't discover that status by /guildstatus or whatever commands you suggest. Like I said, if one asks for a rez, Most times I will not only give that rez, but also heal and give the best buffs I have available completely free. All I ask is that I know who and what I am rezzing. I like to know why one chooses the race and class they play. People have asked me why I have chosen my race/classes and I have explained. I am not like the legion of players we had years ago who made blonde WE rangers named Legolas or some derivation of that.

tl/dr If I prefer that You not use role/anon when asking for a rez, don't act like it's a moral affront. If it offends you that much, ask someone else or better yet ask a guildie.
    Duder likes this.
  2. Captain Video Augur

Hey! My main is a blonde WE Ranger! Of course she's Irish...
  3. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

Dia Dhuit!
  4. Captain Video Augur

Dia's Muire dhuit.
  5. Idget Lorekeeper

You all are feeding the Troll, clearly a Troll post lol
  6. ISupportGuilds Journeyman

I’m always /role as a cleric. As a Halfling I get asked for SoW and Ports much more often then Res’s. It’s blatant racism no other way to explain it. I recently got a sword ornament for my epic and with my Amulet of Necropotence I am able to at least pull off the Shadowknight look which has helped curb the inappropriate requests. I even changed my surname to Da’Shadowknight to help people know I’m not a Druid. I just realized that if I wasn’t on /role they could just know I’m a cleric. Errm dunno which is the right solution.
  7. yerm Augur

Wait, so you INSIST that people take off role/anon so that you can get into a bunch of rp type stuff? Ugh. Just ugh.

Ok I have 37lvl warrior I bought this on a mistake in bazaar because of being a nob that I AM; and thanks too lagg and not knowing clip plane trick. About when I was in late twenty's with warrior. Ok Iam not total nob when comes to grouping in EQ I do have 65lvl wizard and cleric. This weapon is a unsung hero this thing rocks BAH LOL'S talk about being slow yes but makes up for it in DEX and STR boast bah hate lols talk about stuff they know nothing about! Team with any fast weapon and this in off hand kicks major bootty. AHHH LOL 20 dex makes up the delay time, you hit much harder and less misssing AHHH lols. Not too forget about 10str boost. Why in the hell you think they rated it as (excellent) LOLS. IN PRIME WITH SOME HAST OR HAST ITEM LOOK THE "F" OUT!!. I also have hast item Velium Swiftblade man in prime hand you see text you pierce for 75 or just reg 35 and 50 man you can't pull agro off me. Some lol *** wizzy was trying man he kept comeplaneing the the hole time HE was on. With hast item or hast cast on you this weapon is a real agro keeper. Bah lol got to screem it again 20DEX makes up delay you hit HARDER and less missing at mobs close too your on lvl and HIGHER. But a true warrior have many wepones for any Occasion some nob's don't know this yet! Warrior's are good with slow weapons if he is not man tank in group. What this you say! Ahhh yes if you have two warrior one is higher or stronger. Other warrior should act as rogue doing damage with out getting hit. Bah you say! Man my warrior group with a pally rocks, lol *** pally didn't whant too let other in because EXP was soo good. Join group with one high lvl warrior, man lols was supprise at the weapones I have and how the exp jumpt in too overdrive with two warrior and one cleric. DAH ONLY ONE PERSON should be getting HIT which is mane tank other should do damage like DOT spells. HMMM why that LOL *** Warrior still use Veluim AX. BAH in the world of roleplaying I beleave warrior's should allways duel wield. So I have no two hand weapons. True EQer Know where Iam going with that. Too many peps play this game like reg old vedio game or like some new Xbox game cry =( miss the good old days. BAH this is one 30 pluss gamer that going too try too keep EQ close to the good old DD days. FIGHT THE POWER!!
    Bobbybick likes this.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

....this reads like you just smashed the predictive text button on your phone 300x. WTF did I just read?
    Duder likes this.
  9. Cicelee Augur

If the player in the OP who needed a rez had complied with your request, would you have automatically given them a rez regardless?

If not, then you need to let them know all the reasons why you make your request. To me, unless I haven't read all the post, you are hiding true feelings (I refuse to help anyone from Guild XYZ because of prior bad experiences) with some "O I am just curious what race and class you chose" garbage...
    CatsPaws likes this.
  10. Mr Blue Sky Elder

Do clerics even rezz for free? I'm not sure i've ever even had random hp/ac buffs thrown on me by a passing cleric. Druid, shaman even ranger buffs all the time...never clerics.
    Maybe there's some nice free with the buffs clerics out there...but in my experience they tend to be stingy when it comes to free buffs.
    Enchanters come a very close 2nd.

Actually maybe they just don't like me...i'm not even in a guild though.
  11. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

@Cicelee, Yes I would have rezzed him, healed and buffed.

@Mr. Blue Sky Yes I rez for free. If someone offers a "donation" i refuse it. IF I'm sitting on the FV bridge and someone pauses, I throw a buff on them. If I'm running through DL and see a group, I throw buffs on them. I would like to think it fosters community. No everyone in this game is a greedy SoB.
  12. Bullsnooze Augur

If they are proving me a rezz? Why not... It's just a game - pixels - it isn't real. Let's be frank though, I would absolutely take the steps to report them, move on, and not hold some ridiculous self-righteous grudge against them that some people tend to do.

You still haven't provided me your guild residency.
  13. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I have a macro for Torpor because a) I'm better, and wealthier, than everyone b) people can't figured out why they are walking slow.
  14. Karhar Dream Crusher

Man no one sends me tells for resses :(