Just a Simple Request

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tshesebe, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

I am a cleric of Aradune who has been blessed with his Epic. I never accept donations when asked for a rez. If I have the capacity, I will happily rez you, heal you up and give you Heroism and Naltron's, my two highest HP/AC buff and HP buffs completely free of charge. I have left guild groups to do this for total strangers who send me tells out of the blue for a rez. Likewise I never go Anon/Role, because I want the community to feel that they can ask for a rez, buff heal if they are nearby. The exceptions to this is if you are in one or two of the gleet guilds that have pissed me off in the past. I have just one simple request: Don't be anon/Role when you ask me for the rezz. I like to know to whom and what I am providing this service. It is just a common courtesy to me.

So tonight, it's 3AM. I'm preparing to log off and i get a tell. Can I come rezz this guy who went afk and died. No prob, I do a /who and he's /ROLE. I tell him that I would be happy to gratis, just to please remove the /ROLE. He asks why and I explain my reasoning. He immediately launches into a diatribes' that he shouldn't have to conform to my arbitrary demands, and that he will refuse to drop /ROLE to get the rez if I insist on making such ridiculous demands. I explain my rationale again and tell him that all he has to do is drop the /ROLE for five minutes and he can go on playing his ninja self. He calls me a couple F-bombs and doesn't speak to me anymore.

Honestly, why do some people make such a federal case out of insisting on being Anon or /ROLE? I didn't ask anything of him that was illegal or immoral or treasonous/seditious.

As a parting shot I told him: "The funny thing is, if I had been Anon or /Role, You never would have asked me for a rez."
    Yinla and Duder like this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

If you're in the same zone as them you can target them and type /guildsta and it will tell you what guild they are in regardless of /role
  3. Siah Elder

Roleplay doesn't hide guild? Just level/class/zone? I'm confused here
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Because he feels as strongly about NOT dropping anon/role as you do in asking people to drop it.

Next time instead of volleying "parting shots" why not just cut it short after his first tirade and say "Well logging now, have a good night" and log.

It takes two to tango.
    Mismezz likes this.
  5. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

After the first tirade I did tell him goodnight. He didn't let that sit (I didn't include that info because I didn't want to make the post too long) and continued to rant. I want to know the race class and level I'm rezzing. It's just what I like in a social game.

Look, people in this game make all sorts of requests/conditions in this game. If you want SoW or Clarity, most buffers will have you come to them. Drag a corpse to the rezzer. Get a full group before undertaking a task. Mine don't have anon/role if you want me to rez you.
    Duder likes this.
  6. Protagonist Tank

/role doesn't hide guild name.

/guildstat tells you the guild and rank even if they're anon.

This thread is weird and I have no idea what you thought it would accomplish, but everything about this just comes of creepy and cringy.
  7. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

I also said that I wish to know the race, class and level of the person I'm leveling. I like to hear from other players their perspectives on different combos, level bonuses etc.

The purpose of this thread? I'm trying to understand why one would cling so fiercely to anon/role at the expense of getting a free rez and buffs. I'm sure that guy found plenty of his guildies to come and rez him at 3 AM, so I'm not concerned about him.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

This is the best kind of altruism.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  9. Duder Augur

I dont even know the guy and what comes off creepy and cringy to me is your use of those words to try and belittle the thread. Why?
  10. Bullsnooze Augur

Regardless of your rezz conditions, can you let us know which guilds would not receive a rezz from you? :)
  11. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

Ahh that would be against the forum rules.
    @Duder My guess he's from one of those aforementioned gleet guilds who go around griefing other players all whilst anon/role. From what I've seen of him posting, this behavior extends to the forums.
    Duder likes this.
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

This is some real holier than thou stuff. I bet you have a macro that tells your group when you cast a heal.
    yerm and Protagonist like this.
  13. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

14. Dailor Augur

Just a S I M P L E request. Aradune is weird.
  15. Bullsnooze Augur

Check mate.

I have another question... What guild are YOU in?
  16. Captain Video Augur

And here is yet another thread where all I can do is shake my head and say, wow. Well-respected veteran players taking personal shots at an OP they don't know from Adam (and neither do I), who has expressed a reasonable, if somewhat anecdotal, opinion about the state of toxicity on his server. You might disagree with his decision to make his views public, but it is anything but creepy. It sadly indicates how much the state of our game has devolved in sync with the state of our society. Reality check, please.

Since I mostly main a ranger, I don't charge for rezzes either. My syndicate will charge 10pp per level, with a discount if we like you guild and a penalty if we don't. 3AM house calls are double. If you can get a better deal from somewhere else, well TEQB. /sarcasm off
    Duder likes this.
  17. Dresden Journeyman

Criiinggee

I mean there's a couple guilds I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. But I wouldn't come to the forums and ask everyone not to be anon to make sure
    Bullsnooze and yerm like this.
  18. phattoni Augur

do what i say or else.

you sound like a control freak, get over yourself.
  19. yerm Augur

Cleric is my favorite class to play, but this attitude is why I hate being a cleric. For every laid back dude like me or a sieger or mugatu, there's 5 of you.

"He asks why and I explain my reasoning." yeah I'd love to see the log (not a summary) of exactly what was said here.
  20. Bullsnooze Augur

I was being weird for weirdness points sakes earlier, but I will be normal once more.

Typically the 'conditions' that you speak of are unspoken for favors.

For example if I need something beneficial from someone then I'll go to them out of courtesy. I would also offer a tip after services rendered. That said, your request to remove a player status is very out of the ordinary because you're asking out of spite (a guild did you wrong), control (only way to get back at them is to not rezz them), and ignorance (not knowing of a few commands that can circumvent the request altogether). On the flip-side, the reason folks would get angry at you for such a request is that it may feel like real world equivalent of asking someone to strip, spread their cheeks, and cough. A bit of an exaggeration? Maybe, but think of the type of people playing EQ and it all makes sense.

tldr; anon/roleplay don't hide you, so you really shouldn't care if people use it.