Buff slots and permeant AA's round 2!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dropfast, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Dropfast Augur

We are long overdue for another round of clicky buffs being made into permeant AA's! Also more buff slots but the clicky buffs made into permeant AA's would be a great start. A few more normal buffs slots and short term buffs ( aka song window buffs) is really needed.

Clicky buffs made into AA's - This was an amazing thing you Devs did a while back but their were many that were passed over or missed or made into "permeant" buffs that are not really permeant and still take up a buff slot. It's time for round 2 of this PLEASE. As it stands, not enough buff slots is really a huge problem. Another round of consolidation would help us out a lot, knocking out 2 birds with one stone.

What's the point of having all these cool buffs and AA's / powerups in the game if we can't even use them?

So first is a list of clicky buffs that really need to be made into permeant AA's please! I'll list the spell effect first then the item it comes from second.

1. Storm Guard from Stormeye Band.

2. Requiem of Remembrance from Carillon Box of Lost Songs. Also the lesser version > Essence of Ruaabri from Ruaabri's Fist. So this would be a 2 level AA.

3. Darkened Spikethistle Coat from Darkened Wild Lord's Tunic. Their are also 2 lesser versions of this at the least. So this would be at least a 2 tier AA. Also, Spinecoat from Violet Conch of the Tempest.

4. The 3 "special" familiars - Blunt Force, Razors Edge, and Vanishing Point. These 3 are special familiars of a different type (aka stack with other familiars) . While they are very weak buffs but they are one of a kind and the +1 damage stacks. All 3 buffs from these need to be made into permeant AA's so it's not taking up a buff slot.

5. All Illusion benefits really but if you don't want to do that then at the very least Greater Jann from Jann's Veil and Dragon War mask / Miniature Eyepatch. This would free up 2 buff slots on thousands of toons.

6. Clicky Buff procs - Specifically Frightful Aura from Grelleth's Royal Seal at the least! The 3 from Vex Thal would be nice too but at least the Royal seal please!

7. Touch of the unspoken from Unspoken Eye. Their is a lesser version as well, Invigoration of the Ry"gorr from The Chief's Influence. So this would be a 2 tier AA.

8. Aura of the Void from Memento of the Ungod's Suffering.

9. Gunthak Grit from Gunthak Swabby's Eyepatch.

10. Shield of the Arcane from Chestwraps of Enlightenment.

11. Yaulp II from Mask of War.

12. All familiar buffs - I know that's a long shot but it would be nice! At least do Emperor Ganak please!

13. Mount Blessings - All mount buffs would be nice but at least the newest ones. Could make it to where only one takes effect.

That's all I think of at the moment but I'm sure their are many more I missed. That's just monk stuff. Chime in with any I missed!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Szilent Augur

Damage shields are all excluded from absorption as permanent AAs because they're not always desirable. That's your numbers 1 & 3 & 5 & 8.

Many of the clicky hp buffs you mention are not permanent AAs because they're lesser versions of real buffs. That's your 2 & 7 & 10 & 11

Proc buffs prior to the one you called out, Frightful Force, frequently included situationally undesirable knockback. If the whole line can't be made an AA, than the ones that could would stack with those that couldn't, undesirably incentivizing use of the bad ones.

4 tick 9ac clicky Yaulp2? gimme a break. ditto +1 familiars
    Mithra, Gyurika Godofwar and Allayna like this.
  3. Ninelder Augur

Same line as:
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=33055
    and
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=1975

Carillon stacks with the RoS familiar, Ruaabri's does not...

This is an entire line of druid/ranger self-only buffs that they gave out to the less deserving. If they make the clickie an AA, will they add the 200 druid/ranger spells to that AA line?

These are type two familiars, and they aren't the only ones. The healsprite is also a type two. probably some others as well. You can only have one type two familiar, so would clicking another type two familiar erase your previous AA?

Again these have different stacking conflicts with different clickie items, and what parts do or don't stack depends on what two items you are trying to mash together. In hindsight this is probably something they should consolidate just to make it less messy.

The Vex thal clickies(call of fire?) are ranger self buffs. Grelleths is not, but you can add to that the pop push clickie like it, and at least 2 of the TSS quest clickies. Looks like it would be a mess to try and add to AA.

This is on the same line as Pally brells, beastlord SV, and ranger STR type 2 hp buffs? It would be more annoying to have to carry these and reclick them to reget the AA every time your buff timed out.

See number 5 above, this thing shares a bunch of stacking slots with all of them.

Again this is one of those items that needs to be included in number 5 above.

This is the int caster line of self buffs, that also doesn't stack with focus. Since focus is the most powerful buff in game, you probably don't want them messing with it.

Doesn't stack with ranger Attack buff, and its meant to be a short duration buff, a yaulp before battle.

This already looks easy for them to do since the reorganized and renamed the buffs they cast. But what happens when this buff gets overwritten like it does in the Stratos raid?
  4. Allayna Augur

This was kinda the point behind the Jann’s Veil...
    Makes a lot of old clickies obsolete, not all, but a lot.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I don't see the Devs making class specific spell lines into permanent AA clicks, which a lot of these fall under. I admire the spirit of your ask on most of these. However, with Dzarn spending a lot his time in recent years consolidating AA lines because of the games memory limit there's simply not enough power gain for the work involved in this request.

Upgrades to existing Click AA lines is a much more worthwhile ask. We may still receive a no, but given the circumstances it has a much better shot of reaching fruition.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yinla like this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Instead of turning them into AAs it would be nice to have some as upgrades on new gear.

As Allayna said Jann's Veil upgraded a lot of old clickies but not all.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Szilent Augur

I'm decades past ready to be done with permanent buffs from item clickies.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

*shrugs*
  9. Nniki Augur

Personally, as much as I love collecting clickies, I wouldn't want to cut into the 300 unique AA line limitation currently set for each class with the majority of these, as most of these honestly provide close to zero value. I'd rather see something more valuable added to AAs. The greater jann benefit is permanent, so it's not a big deal to click when needed.

If the procs worked on a toggle, they could be interesting, but keeping them as one line wouldn't really make sense with the different resists and stun vs. no stun. It probably wouldn't be in the best interest to have them all active at once either. I feel it'd just get too messy.

They could be made like Coat of Thistles AA or Damage Shielding (hStr mod2) where it's additive to existing damage shields rather than constant. That could make "turning off" damage shield easier if you had fewer buffs, but at the same time, those damage shield clickies might be the only damage shields some people have, especially at lower levels / TLP, so they might not benefit if they became additive only.

If they were made into passive AAs like the others, they shouldn't be affected by spells in that way. Passive AAs, buffs, and item worn effects are each considered separately; otherwise, you'd have all kinds of problems. Prior to being made into their Item AA lines, a few of the clicky effects would be overridden by spells or by each other (e.g. Form of... lines, Prismatic Ward and Form of Defense). Not to say making all (or any) of the above into AAs would be a good idea, just something to consider.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think they should make the tradeskill-trophies into clicky-AA items, so that you get the skill modifier as a permanent passive effect when you click your trophy. No-one cares about the clicky bag anymore...

No more trophy swaps every time you want to craft something! :)
  11. gnomeboss Augur

how about moving auras to permanent buff status and adding New and Exciting auras to use. auras 2.0 can have the tedious level of mana reiterate aura with short duration, phantom expiration, and/or charges for the sake of Balance.
    Allayna likes this.
  12. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

Tangential question:
    Is there any reason to leave the buffs from these clickies up? I see a lot of players with them active on their characters when I go to give them buffs from my shaman or other toons. I think the DS one is the only one that doesn't remain active if the buff isn't on, correct? I hardly ever use that one anyway since it doesn't stack with ranger cloak.
  13. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I agree that auras could use some upgrades and/or adjustment. Some auras last for hours and some last for what seems to be like 5-10 minutes. Some still seem useful at high levels, others really don't seem to be worth the effort. It really just seems inconsistent between classes and within classes that have multiple auras to choose from. Not to mention that virtually none of them describe what they do with sufficient detail since they were from before when the team started putting more detail in spell descriptions. I hate having to go outside the game to figure out whether a spell or ability is worth it.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

How about giving auras to the classes that haven't recieved them yet.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

My guuess why some classes hadn;t been given auras is that they wanted them all to be synergistic, and it was difficult to create 16 where each was a unique effect.

Some Classes got a trap instread of an aura - traps & auras were both considered "area of influence" abilities.

The classes that got neither an Aura or Trap in Prophecy or Ro or later on & my thoughts on what to give them:

Beastlord: A trap seems either very fitting for a class so closely linked to animals if you think of them as a hunting type or completely against everything they stand for if you think of them as being allied with animals & few could argue that trapping an animal is about the worst thing that can happen to them.
    So some form of Aura seems to be the best thing they could be granted, but what unique effect would it be is a harder question, my thinking is something that increases atk rating suits best but they already have ferocity so something that stacks with that perhaps.

Ranger:
    A trap seems totally in line with the Ranger, but something nature based, a root effect trap that could make npcs stumble to the ground as if they had been tripped or a insect based trap perhaps that caused them to be distracted by stinging creatures leaving them vulnerable to something.

Shadowknight:
    An Aura of some kind of dread, or despair that inflicts suffering of some form upon npc's within range of the Shadowknight that already have the Shadowknight on their hatelist, my suggestion would be something that lowers the regneration of any nearby npc's significantly as an "anti-life" effect.
  16. Herf Augur

It would also be nice if the allowable buff count on TLPs (or at least Agnarr) were raised from 15. Due to the server being locked, people are farming more and more clicky items, and getting buff locked during raids is becoming routine
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No

Getting Buff locked was completely a part of the play at that level, I recall it well, choose your clickies wisely & select the ones you really need.
  18. Herf Augur

Considering that familiars, mounts, illusions and such take up a buff slot, even a couple more slots would be nice.
  19. Nniki Augur

They do not provide any active benefit. Most of those people probably just don't realize. The shadow effects were added simply so people could continue to use their clickies for protecting their real buffs during fights where dispel is used.

Illusionary Spikes wasn't made into an Item AA line; it remained as a buff. The only change they made to it was for it to be "permanent." There were a few others...
    Skuz and Celephane like this.
  20. Dropfast Augur

Yes thank you Nine but I was aware of all that already. Doesn't mean at least some of it could be done. It may require some thinking outside the box for some but it doesn't hurt to ask!

Or if they don't' want to deal with any of that, then at least give us more buff slots! Boom, problem solved. Either way it's getting old having to click like 12 buffs every time you die just to be at your "max". It's also getting old not being able to use the best buffs or runes ect. More consolidation of some kind of is needed.

I also forgot Illusionary Spikes. DS AA's could be made toggle-able so you can turn them off in those rare instances where you don't want any. Boom, problem solved.
    Andarriel likes this.