Make Bards Fun Again...

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Zenja, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Cloud the Third Augur

You got names wrong you are talking about AE kiting not swarm kiting. Swarm kiting never took a massive amount of the zone because if you have to many mobs when you charm one and let the others swarm on it they would kill it before you could break charm.
  2. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Different servers, different ways to refer to the same thing.

I agree though, if I was Reverse Charm Kiting I certainly would not grab an entire zone, since they would splat my poor innocent pet in a heartbeat.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Waaaaah I haven't played in over ten years & my class doesn't play the way I remember it playing.

[IMG]
  4. Laronk Augur

The different kinds of ae pulling/ swarming/beam kiting / shaker paging have all been nerfed because they impacted the play of others. EVEN if they didnt effect server performance which you can for sure see that npc movement updates get really bad with a ton of NPC's on the move or tons of swarm pets out there. You still have the problem of monopolization when people pull large groups of mobs and that problem is worse when the bard or mage is taking for ever to kill the mobs (well you should just KS them)

People still quad kite?

AE kiting was never a fundamental of the bard class, most bards I knew didnt even do it back when it was a thing. I think bards are actually in a pretty good place today.
    Cuuthbert and Jennre like this.
  5. Grandmaster Nollo New Member

I was a monk for the longest time with a box Bard and Shaman , Now i am Maining the bard on Phinigel through the 105 lvl range. And while I enjoy the class, I really, really, wish that they capped Vanglorious to like 12 targets. Or bring back down endurance cost now that its nerfed to 6.

The restrictions on velocity and our move songs, I would like to be running much faster! But i know that is a pipe dream.

I would hope they can Re-visit Vanglorious Shout AA for a minor positive tweak, it wont break the game, Bards wont be pulling entire zones, but make it just a tad more useful for the fun Old school clearing we do. Its not hurting anyone!

Im missing my monk whirlwinding or AoE attack AAing down massive huge piles.Now that my bard cant do it .
  6. Cuuthbert Augur

BLAH BLAH BLAH ..... Project 1999 for your walk down memory lane and for those who cannot evolve with the game
    Pexar, Skuz and code-zero like this.
  7. Ezbro Elder

I think the dev plan is, since so many classes have adps, that bards get a couple of very useful songs, and then personal DPS (DoT's now in ToV), making us more like the other classes.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Creative Sparks Quiet One

i personally enjoyed charm kiting when it was thing, get the wrong type of mob in pile and it could very easy make things go wrong in a hurry.

i have played since beta and have decent knowledge of the class (given i have left several times over the years) the class fundamentally has had its up's and downs currently as a group class its the best it has ever been. soloing (for those times when getting group is rough) not a whole lot of pure solo out there anymore. yeah kael is fun, but after seeing the same zone for a week while waiting for someone to invite ya into a group doesn't sound appealing in the slightest.

i do believe at the bare minimum bards (like Druids Necro's and Wizzards) should be able to Quad kite and Root Rot (or some form equivalent to it) so for now when i cant find a group ill just continue to play one of my solo class's while advertising for a group for my bard.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Root-Rotting with a class designed right down to its shiny multicoloured fabulous core for speed & mobility seems highly counter-intuitive to me.

Quad-kiting, I could actually see that working out okay.
  10. Creative Sparks Quiet One

its the point of options not all players who play bards can run around in circle with out a break at full speed while killing, some bards might actually get motion sickness is part of the reason why i liked Charm Kiting. can stop and let me eyes rest some.

would love to Quad Charm kite, but sadly people dont know how to not abuse things. mabye if they made it to where if 3 mobs are attacking a pet 4th+ mob would ignore pet and go for owner?

of course that would require them to make charm larger cast range that i dont see happening anytime soon.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think you do have to bear in mind that solo-play wasn't really intentional though it has been catered to in a small degree.

I still think root rotting on a Bard is something that should never happen though, if you puke you puke.
  12. Creative Sparks Quiet One

catered to in a small degree, ohh so basically if ur one of the few non-boxing player's in a game its a small degree. if they took away the ability to box tomorrow that would be a true statement because people would be forced to look for other players. as of right now the basic fundamental of the game is broke. so if one cant shell out that cash to box then they should give the option for those that solo is primary.

as for the root rot statement as it is bards cant do damage on a moving mob that isnt to gnome and if the spells don't allow dmg while moving why shouldn't they be given root rot ability's?
  13. Funky Augur

that statement is not true.. your dots do damage moving mobs. it's the AE nuke that doesn't work on moving mobs if i remember correctly. either way i know dots do work on moving mobs.
  14. Nniki Augur

The PB AoE DoTs (which haven't been upgraded since OoW) are what do not work on moving targets (nerfed with the OoW expansion launch due to AE kiting). The target AE nukes (Denon's Dirge line) and single target DoTs (Chant lines) work fine.

The only recent change was last year when the Denon's Dirge line mistakenly and briefly went from the former default limit of four targets to unlimited followed by being set to its current five-target limit.
  15. Ezbro Elder

Bla bla root rot hijack. Just make bards FUN again!
  16. Funky Augur

lol bards are fun to play.
    Szilent likes this.
  17. NinjutsuMMO Augur

You’re not allowed to mass pull and AoE mobs anymore only enchanters working with wizards are allowed to do that !!!!
  18. Szilent Augur

TLP >>>> that way
    Funky likes this.
  19. Soon Augur

I recently made a bard on live. I don't have equivalent gear/aa's that I have on TLP but I enjoy it even more.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I usually do box my Bard, but from Gates of Discord right up to EoK which is the current expansion on Phinigel I have at times soloed him to get some questing done & played him in groups when they didn't need my main but did need some CC or a puller, I don't consider myself a good bard either but an adequate one at least and in my experience Bards don't have any major difficulties soloing at all, only issue was downtime to regen mana or endurance depending on what kind of solo play you utilise.
    Bard charm could use some QOL improvements.

Are they fun, well I think so.
    code-zero likes this.