Restless Ice ornaments are a myth

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Lilura Augur

10 months into this expansion and I've gotten 3 pieces. Many of my friends have not gotten any. This is ridiculous. Even Dark Elf ornaments weren't this bad.
  2. Szilent Augur

That they're in the group game at all is a big gimme. They're the raid ornament set.
    Dibab and Duder like this.
  3. Lilura Augur

They are? There is always a group ornament and a raid ornament.
  4. Allayna Augur

This year was *cough* combined to 1 set for both group and raid to allow time on other more pressing matters, like coding leap year correctly.

WTS Restless Ice Ornaments PST
    Funky and Chopin.Xegony like this.
  5. Lilura Augur

Oh ok. Guess I should be grateful for the 2 pieces I have.
    minimind likes this.
  6. Raccoo Augur

Make an offer to buy from raid guilds. They'd love to offload some.
  7. Maedhros High King

I am not exaggerating to say that I have hundreds of the restless ice ornaments. 4 drop per raid event right now, with an occasional entire set dropping as a 5th bonus item.
    9 events per week.
    I've given out dozens and dozens of sets to guildmembers and their alts.
    Think of any drowning scene in a movie, where the actors are gasping for air at the top of the ceiling at the shrinking bubble of air... that's how it is for raid guilds raid now with loot and especially drowning in restless ice ornaments.
    Allayna likes this.
  8. Karhar Dream Crusher

What server are you on? If it's emarr, contact me in game.

I have a mule named Restlessice for a reason
    Celephane likes this.
  9. EternalNewb Journeyman

I think they need more time to fix this known issue.
  10. Lilura Augur

I am on Povar and every ornament is priced at 6 figures.
    Maedhros likes this.
  11. Celephane Augur

Too bad cross server parcels aren't a thing
    Maedhros likes this.
  12. Natal Augur

They
    They drop like rain in raids. In the group game they do drop as well, but just incredibly rarely. I have only seen one drop off a group named.
  13. Maedhros High King

I mean 100k is 6 figures. 7 Figures would be a lot more eye opening.
    Heres the problem. Raiders are drowning in it, but group game is not. Its not any different than in the past really with how rare they are in the group game, they might as well not drop. This means that effectively groupers are paying for them as though they are only available on raids.
    I don't really like the looks of them but a lot of people do, which drives up the costs as well.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Raid loot this year is an embarrassment of riches.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

I am guessing most people don't bother to put them on a trader because they do not stack and we really are drowning in them.
    So the few people who bother can charge a little more.

Talk to some raiders (even casual raids can beat these events) and see if they'd unload the pieces you want at a reasonable price (some may even give them for free and thank you for the returned bag slots).
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

probably meant 7 figures 6 figures is cheap.

Andarrile