friends list and chat channels

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by nildiar, Sep 17, 2020.

1. nildiar Lorekeeper

Since yesterday my main can no longer access chat channels , and my friends list is empty, ive tried joining and unjoining, ive rebooted and tried to reerlog in and out. My bot account is up and running all friends list and chat channels. Anyone having this issue or have a idea how to fix it?
    Chauliodus and Scila like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Typically this can be caused by blocked ports either on your computer or by your ISP to the chat servers. Friends list is served by the chat server too. Are you running two accounts from same install folder or different folders? Since one works it may be a corruption in one of the game files and CS may be able to help with a petition then.
  3. nildiar Lorekeeper

yes both my accounts are on the same install
  4. Scila Augur

I'm having the same problem ... but ... only one char is having the problem all the rest on that account are fine so it's not a problem with the isp or anything being blocked. I've removed all the appropriate files and run full validations on my side. Have a petition out now to see what is going on.
  5. xcitng Augur

this also happened to me, just one char on the account, others all ok ... it's not just that my friends list is gone, i can't even put names in, it says so&so is now your friend but no name shows in the window
  6. Chauliodus New Member

7. xcitng Augur

also, just discovered i can't join chat channels
    Xeladom likes this.
  8. Scila Augur

did what they asked in the petition .... again ... nope ... only thing I haven't done is sage it
  9. xcitng Augur

did they tell you to delete several files, etc, etc, saying you may have a corrupted file?
  10. Scila Augur

yep
  11. xcitng Augur

not going to bother then, that's also what they told me
  12. AB_H'Sishi Augur

What happened to the (used to be persistent) "serverwide." chat channels?
    Chauliodus likes this.