Low priority to fix but still annoying

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'm not going to alter the population.
  2. bardybard Augur

Doing Lord's work, Chottal be praised!
  3. Runes Augur

OK then just changing it to be the same spot as zone in. At least you can prepare for the run and have less of a chance of aggroing a mob right when you pick. There is still a single roamer mob that comes to the spot but it's better than getting 2-3 mobs. It will be like Seb is now but with a small chance of landing on the roamer.
  4. modsiw Augur

Please fix. You've got solid /locs, and there's near unanimous agreement. This would fix about 90% of the toxicity on these servers.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

I hope this becomes the new plane of fire lev Nerf meme.
  6. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

For Chardok, there are 2 Zone in/out locations. The design was such that there is a "safe" Zone In area, which cannot be trained. This is due to a ramp leading downward into the dungeon, with several "steps" or "drop downs."

As such, most people only consider the "safe" zone in/out to be the zone in, and the "unsafe" to be the zone out.

I don't have /locs, due to game maint and.. well... I'd have to run there for no real good reason atm, but maybe OP can provide it later on.
    [IMG]

As for plane of hate. The evac and /pick location should match the port-in:

Teleport to 656,-393,3 in hateplaneb facing North
    xmPradah likes this.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

For Chardok, the "Safe zone in" on the map above is the one I was thinking of. At the time I made the previous post, I wasn't spending time doing research, but I remembered a few (i didn't remember them all) Kunark zones had "one way" zone ins. The Chardok one is partially one way. You can still exit before you make the drop, but once you make the drop you are "stuck" one way.
  8. Runes Augur

Just change the zone in/zone out spot and succor point all to the same spot and use what is now the zone in spot in Chardok and you are good. You are supposed to spawn in a safe place with succor, not in the middle of mobs.
  9. heatawareness New Member

Umm....
  10. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

I have no idea if you have been to Chardok or not, but that map is 100% wrong. I logged on to check the information below.
    1. There are no drop downs in the passageway that prevent going back up.There are two "drop downs" in the sense you might have to actually jump to go back up, but it is possible to run up the "drops" without jumping. I didn't have levitate.
    2. Both the zone in and zone out to Burning Woods are one way, and they don't go to the same location in either zone.

Evacuate takes you near the zoneout to Burning Woods. Even at 100 I aggro two npc's immediately upon zoning after using evacuate. The easiest thing I would suggest would be to remove those two npcs, but I know the developers are not keen of doing it for two reasons. 1. They have to do work. 2. It would make the game too easy. Remember changes to old zones and content is only made if it fixes a "bug" to make the game harder, i.g., shaman epic changes, and removal of summon corpse spell instead of spending time changing the Plane of Sky zone to not allow the spell to work.

I am very confused about your statements. My only guess is that you are confusing a shortcut near the entrance for a "one-way" exit. The shortcut can be made using levitate, and therefor isn't "one-way" with levitate available. This passage with a real drop off has nothing to do with the exit to the zone, it is simply a shortcut. I suggest you try to work more than 10 minutes this week, and spend the time to actually look at the zone in game instead of trying to "remember it" and calling that "research". I mean you get paid to do something that took me 15 minutes to do because I had to actually run to the zone from the Plane of Knowledge instead of instantly porting there via GM commands.
    jeskola and heatawareness like this.
  11. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

That's not going to be helpful. They already dislike working on TLP focused issues.

It sounds like he is thinking of droga/nurga (I forget which) that has an entrance witb a drop soon after.
  12. heatawareness New Member

Basically all of this. Just to throw out a little dev to dev constructive criticism...try not responding to something publicly before doing any research on the issue, you'd be better off ignoring it like a majority of the stuff that's posted here and avoid losing credibility. Also, don't ask your users to do your work for you by asking for loc's. You're a senior designer. Log into the game, see what the issue is, and come up with a logical fix for it.
    jeskola likes this.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Gotta admit I was scratching my head when I read the post about the drop-downs in Chardok. "Wha?"

Anyway, glad you posted this.
  14. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

Both fair points. However, I have believed for a very very long time that the developers work under a system of ignoring the playerbase entirely and only make changes they want or deem fit to implement. I brought this point up to Dreamweaver in a private chat, and then was promptly ignored afterword.

It is feasible that he confused the zones, with hundreds of effective zones in the game, it would be easy to confuse many of them. Droga and Nurga both have one way entrances. I know for certain there is a one way entrance from FM to Droga, and at least one from either Droga to Nurga or vice versa (I forget the order).

Very well said. I assume at times the developers understand the issue being posted, and ask clarifying questions if there is any possibility for misunderstanding, but from this post and previous posts it may be that they don't understand the game at all ( at least in a meaningful way).
  15. modsiw Augur

16. phattoni Augur

you are a developer and you dont even know the difference between chardok and droga???

wtf...
  17. yerm Augur

Just remove picks from chardok. Problems solved!
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

And evac?
  19. yerm Augur

No joking, there is nothing wrong with the evac spot. Pick putting you into hostiles (and potentially needing to then zone out) is a real problem. Evac putting you there is how it's always been and fine. You evac into the spot facing north and can literally move forward a step to be out; doing that after a pick puts you into another zone with a 5 minute refresh timer. Or to put it another way: pick should go to entrance/starting areas of zones as if you "just zoned in" to a fresh copy. Evac should put you wherever evac was designed to put you and it does NOT Have to be a "starting point" spot.
  20. yerm Augur

Also, I'm laughing at how many of you dudes are furious that this developer mixed up chardok/sebilis style safe entrance with zone out to the left, with droga or kaesora style drop downs after the entrance. Expecting the devs to have played the game is reasonable, expecting them to keep up with everyone that's on their half dozen tlp cycles of the same content is not. Just because you (we?) keep doing the same thing over and over and are super safe and comfortable and on the spectrum about it doesn't make it right.

All he really needed to hear was "yes chardok is almost exactly like sebilis in entrance vs exit design" and a loc. Instead he got bad information including an impressively detailed and wrong map picture, and anger when that tripped him up. Please guys. Please. Don't scare away devs when they show up looking to help!