Type 18-19 Augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tanise, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Tanise Elder

2. Lianeb Augur

Procs are independent things. They don't need to stack nor do they stack.

Only time I can think that a proc stacking "might" be an issue is if the proc adds a buff to you or an NPC.
  3. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/type-18-vs-type-19-stacking.259296/
    That's the relevant part.

Type 18 and 19 Ventral augs DO NOT stack focuses
    Type 18 and 19 Dorsal augs DO NOT stack focuses
    Type 18 and 19 Soothing augs DO NOT stack focuses
    Type 18 Dorsal and Type 19 Ventral DO stack (and visa versa)
    Type 18 and 19 Defender (soft cap ac) DO stack
    Type 18 and 19 Attacker (accuracy) DO stack
    Type 18 and 19 Casting DO stack
    Type 18 and 19 Assaulting DO stack
    Type 18 and 19 Defending DO stack
    Type 18 and 19 Protecting of same resist DO NOT stack
    Type 18 and 19 Warding of same resist DO NOT stack
  4. Tanise Elder

My point was can you have a Fire proc, Cold Proc, and Magic Proc from the 3 different augs? I assume so because we can have multiple Procs on weapons, but you never know. Cool to know I can do all three. Thanks

K, pretty much as I assumed though I'd read that dorsal + Ventral wouldn't stack, you could only have one or the other. Thanks
  5. Szilent Augur

four. 18 & 19 TBM magics, 18 & 19 ToV colds

that's Lore Groups, not focuses. You can't even own Ventral & Dorsal from the same set. If you arrange to own a Ventral from one set, a Dorsal from another, then np.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  6. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

My gear actually has all 4 of the procs, plus a dorsal and a ventral, and a soothing. I hope we get new slots this coming expansion, for when the TBL slots age out.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

Fixed it for you.

You can most certainly own both Rallos Zek Acolyte's Ventral Defense and Rallos Zek Devotee's Ventral Defense. And equip them both as well.
  8. Szilent Augur

acolyte & devotee are two sets.
  9. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Well, I mean, Acolyte is one set, and Devotee is another. And you CAN equip them both... but you're wasting an aug slot, because you only get the highest effect that you're wearing.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Why? You're a Rogue. You shouldn't have dorsal, ventral or soothing unless they're just placeholders for other better ones.
  11. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I eat ramps. I tank. I get heals. Of course I have them. Other than a couple of the drops that I would rather have had from TBL raids, I actually have what I want. I never did get the TBL enhancement. =(

I don't expect everyone (or anyone) to agree with my choices. I just do what's best for me, in my playstyle. I'd much rather have the 2 TBL enhancement augs, but I wasn't lucky enough to get them, and I loathe that expansion almost as much as VoA. So I have -no- plans to go back and try to get them.
  12. Szilent Augur

The type19s are farmable, it wouldn't be onerous at all to go back for Blazing Euphoria Enhancement & Attacker augs. Just did so recently for ber & wiz & brd alts & a friend's monk doing just Esianti Empyr & Doomfire instances (only got sufficient Aalishai flags from pickups after pulling down the augs I wanted). Along the way I rotted out a number of Casting Fires & Magics & Assaultings & a couple Defender/Soothing to guildmates' twinks.

The Whispering ones are a different story; I'm totally with you on the soft pass since fishing for specific 18s in TBL is an open ended grind that very much doesn't appeal to me either.
  13. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

My group consists of my rogue, my bard box, and, if i can talk him into it, my roommate's druid. We uh... we won't be farming raid trash from TBL for a while, methinks. With all 3 mercs healing me? Maaaaaaybe, but still probably not. With just a druid, albeit an awesome druid? HahahahaHAHAHAHAhahahaha. But I follow your logic. If I had a standard type group, with a real tank, then it would be doable.
  14. Thunderkiks Augur

Sadly mercs aren't allowed.
    Winnowyl and Yinla like this.
  15. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I was able to solo TBL raid trash by root rotting, I'm not sure if that was nerfed though. I know you can't in ToV anymore but you might still be able to in TBL. Have the druid snare/kite and just run behind the mob stabbing it.
  16. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

That's what I mean. With Winn, Bell, Vic, and all 3 mercs, I might be able to pull it off. With just Winn, Bell, and Vic? Totally not happenin.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  17. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

If it's not summoning, I'd just use the bard. Have the druid root and dot, while Bell dots. Winn makes a horribad pet. Too much 'can't see your target' and 'too far away get closer'.
  18. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yeah, that would be the way to go. I know they didn't summon before, I did Esianti and Aalishai no problem when it was current. I'm just not sure if they made them summon when they changed the ToV one's to summon.
  19. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Fair enough - I might try to talk Viciado into trying it out with me sometime. Thanks!