All my open quests are red

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Captain Video, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Captain Video Augur

So the patch notes say this:

- Shared tasks will now accurately display a max duration of 24 hours rather than listing unlimited time remaining.

I typically keep several open quests in my quest journal on my main, to keep track of my progress in different areas of the game where I am working. These are typically solo tasks, and I never pay any attention to the timer, it has always been unlimited. But when I logged in for the first time after the patch, they're all red with a time remaining of zero. I think, WTH?

I am guessing it is because I had my merc up (probably passive) when I accepted these quests, so that counts as a group, so the tasks are considered "shared". I realize I can go to the various places and drop and re-add the quests, but why is this suddenly necessary? There are 29 slots in the quest journal, after all... how did devs expect anyone to use 29 slots unless at least some of them were being saved for later?

Can we not consider counting a molo as solo and not shared for timer purposes?? Or do I really need to remember to suspend my merc before accepting any new solo quests?
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

It's a display bug
  3. Zamiam Augur

Inquiring minds would like to know .. thanks to Captain I thought I would check my quests and yes they are all red as well .. please respond .. Cause if I need to re-do these quests from scratch its gonna suck major as some of them I've gotten quit far on ..

Hey Celephane if you would like to make any notations in red on the paragraph above please do so ..
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...tive-quests-shown-in-red.270275/#post-3965523
  5. Captain Video Augur

6. Soulbanshee Augur

Solo tasks that are unlimited are still unlimited without timers and not actually expired. It's a display bug that the new 24 hour shared task timer bled into solo tasks that are unlimited. I read it as nothing has changed on solo tasks, and can ignore the red text until its fixed. Unlimited solo tasks at 0 timer won't go away.