Would be nice if account time was accurate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Duality, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Duality Augur

Since the elimination of all access remaining from the inventory, I've been recording my account date and time that is shown via the My allaccess clicky from launchpad into a spreadsheet. Three of my accounts that it had said would expire tomorrow morning were already expired after today's patches.

Is there somewhere that's supposed to be more accurate? The increased loyalty bonus over time decays to baseline as soon as the all access drops as opposed to a gradual decline, right?

It's a bit annoying to be given a date and time from the service you are subscribed to that is not accurate.
    Laronk likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have offered an explanation in the past why the account time is not accurate and also why removing it from the inventory screen would not make it accurate and really would only take it out of sight. And out of sight is out of mind. They say to look on the website under account management but you will find the same erroneous dates there. But based on my calculations everyone that paid with a krono will have a bill date one day earlier this month than last month. Next month it will be the same date as this month.

But as to the loyalty tokens this may help clarify that:

Once your account is 1 year old you will have full loyalty velocity. All Access/120 week. Silver/120 week. F2P 30/week

If your All Access account drops to Silver you will see no difference. There is no "decay" in velocity.

I have never had an account drop from All Access to F2P so can't answer what happens on that one.

But, just like billing dates, the loyalty token reward date, which is usually every Sunday, has been off and missing since they removed the "days remaining" from the inventory screen. Might not be related but I keep a spread sheet on my loyalty tokens and can pretty much pinpoint that it is now skipping a week or two here and there.

But just like everything else that goes crazy when the servers are not syncing correctly with the game then we will see odd things happening.
    Duality likes this.
  3. Tappin Augur

I am not sure why they simply can't give a straight answer on the day and time when your account access expires without having to jump through hoops.

However, using excel or another spreadsheet to keep track of your time is not as simple as you may think. Not only do you have to figure out how DP keeps track of days, you have deal with how Excel (or whatever you are using) calculates the difference between dates.

I would serialize the data and make a custom function based on the business model used. But that is too much effort.

What I do is click the “Get allaccess” drop down menu to see when my next reward is, and start checking account a few days prior
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Because the servers that store account info are isolated as much as possible from everything else, to minimize risk of another billing information hack.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

Cell A1 - 9/16
    Cell B1 - =A1 + 30 == 10/16
    Cell C1 - =B1 + 30 == 11/15
    Cell D1 - =C1 + 30 == 12/15
    Cell E1 - =D1 + 30 == 1/14

It's not really hard. =P
    Dythan likes this.
  6. Tappin Augur

You’re not necessarily taking into account their business model and your assuming that they are giving inaccurate information on dates outside the game. I have yet to find any inaccurate dates under my account information.

The OP has issues with the way he is keeping track of the dates - it’s either a data entry error, or he’s missing something on how DP is calculating the time.

But honestly, it doesn’t matter. The method I described has worked for me each time.
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

One mentioned just to put a note in calendar on your phone when you paid, so 30 days later you know.

BUT
    The game should tell the user when they need to pay again.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Duality Augur

Alright thanks for the clarity. Seen someone say before that it was accumulative and 1 month all access earned less than 4 months in a row.

10/1/2020 9:32pm
    10/6/2020 10:25am*
    10/12/2020 5:23pm

10/6/2020 6:12pm
    10/2/2020 10:14am
    9/29/2020 10:23am

9/27/2020 11:07am~
    10/16/2020 10:20am
    10/8/2020 8:56am
    10/9/2020 3:25pm
    4/29/2020
    4/15/2020

9/21/2020 5:21pm
    6/9/2020
    6/8/2020
    6/9/2020
    9/17/2020 8:15am
    9/30/2020 7:10am~

6/9/2020
    6/9/2020
    10/2/2020 4:55pm
    6/9/2020
    6/9/2020
    9/17/2020 8:52am

The dates and times I get are from both the "My allaccess" from the launcher (dates), as well as when I re-up a krono I verify the time in marketplace (date+time) before claiming monthly DBC. Are you telling me their buisness model can't differentiate between a 30 day and a 31 day month?
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You got it. Krono get 30 days. Doesn't matter if that month is 30/31 or 29 days all you get with a Krono is 30 days. So 8 months a year it will be short.

Credit cards get a "month" Every month. So the bill date never changes even if that "month" is 30/31/29 days
  10. Duality Augur

Right, but why would it count and display as 31 days in the system when it's, apparently, correctly counted as the 30 days from consuming a krono?
  11. Duality Augur

And I'm not saying it displayed as 31 days, as I didn't count. I just copied the time the system gave me into the spreadsheet.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Because you were right when you asked "Are you telling me their buisness model can't differentiate between a 30 day and a 31 day month?"

It cannot tell the difference between the months on the different payment methods.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

I missed my shot to sub with a credit card on 2/29/2020 -- hoping that if I subbed for a year, that I would be good until 2024 due to some weird error in the shotty programming.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  14. Duality Augur

Now I feel bad for petitioning when I had several accounts getting free all access days after they had expired =p