You need to get better at that warning thing DPG

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wyre Wintermute, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I announced it in general chat, on Ragefire, because I saw Dreamweaver's comment in Discord.

Our server (and several others at least) got 0 warning of it actually being shut down. No 15 minute warning.. nothing. not a $#%^ thing.

Sorry for all those who got completely blindsided by this.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

Our warnings on FV started at 12 or 13 minutes, I don't recall which.

Still though, it would be nice if they could figure out how to implement a patch, as if they don't have 21 years of doing this already.
  3. MrBalloonHands New Member

Not a single warning on Aradune. I was in the middle of pulling 4 mobs to the group. I'm sure the death and/or rollback will be a wonderful greeting when servers are back up! Thanks guys!
  4. Ravvin New Member

Bristlebane got big yellow text warnings, every minute, counting down from 15 minutes. Any chance you have Announcements going to a hidden tab?
  5. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

It's easy to get lost in battle spam, maybe they should use the raid emote middle of the screen option.
  6. feeltheburn Augur

they dont care its apparent
  7. Sazxus New Member

Boo Freakin hoo. I'm sure they're not twisting their mustache trying to figure out how to hurt their customers. Would you rather they just took the game down for 2 days to casually work on it rather than try to get it up and running as fast as they can? Things happen.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. feeltheburn Augur

2 days if it fixed it right the first time would be great...what is the sense of doing it and coming down 2 3 4 times and going into the night ....my 2cp
  9. Zamiam Augur

aye, I would be fine if the dev's said the patch was going to be 2 days and it was actually done in 2 days with no issues (lag, crashes, down up, down up) crap .. jm2c...
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Sometimes it is good to be in the UK, slept through all the aftermarth patch issues and got up to a working EQ this morning. :)