Login server down?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Malbro, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

If this keeps up it will run the serious risk of being declared,...drum roll please!

A Potential Issue.
    Toruch Fleshrot, toodlem and Sendai like this.
  2. Dudeisbeast New Member

Yes, login server is down. Hey staff, any updates??
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

4. Nennius Curmudgeon

I may have found one of the issues lately.

[IMG]
    Dibab likes this.
  5. Gryjmakk New Member

Another patch day, another fiasco. I imagine that when people leave Daybreak and look for another job, they lie about the time they worked there
    Fenthen and Akonite like this.
  6. Antasirras New Member

They should rearrange the name to Gamebreak Days
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Took about 2 hours but finally got in.
  8. Redrum_Redrum Augur

9. RilerDevour New Member

It is truly baffling how any company can have such issues updating a server and keeping it running.

Like...how is it even possible to be this bad consistently?
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

And no server message just the server crashing, checked forum & they are coming down for an emergency patch.

Well, that's enough for me today.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Then when members come in and make light of the situation the gut/delete postings as if there somehow hiding the fact that the server has been down way beyond there posted time.
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

13. Akonite New Member

google darkpaw and wolfsheadonline - no surprise
  14. Njustlight Journeyman

It seems like every time there is a patch this happens, and we all end up here talking about how bad DBG handles these. Just once, I would like to see @Dreamweaver actually address the fact that one of two things is going on. Either DBG doesn't test their code before pushing it into production, or their test servers are so drastically different from production that it makes testing worthless. I guarantee there are large numbers of players that work in IT in various industries doing these exact same things - updating servers, updating code, pushing out new software, etc.... and none of them would be able to consistently get away with failing this miserably at basic IT principles.
    Akonite and Fenthen like this.
  15. Akonite New Member

a quote from the net: What a tragic way to end the franchise that could have ruled the MMORPG world
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

I imagine days like this cause Dreamweaver to seriously look at other employment opportunities, but then remember about the 'Rona and is thankful for just receiving a paycheck.

Our Community Manager person would be an absolutely wonderful job, if only we didn't have so many hard, loud, degrading, but yet truthful complaints. I don't think anyone is wondering why we have these complaints, however.
    Akonite likes this.
  17. Akonite New Member

Darkpaw's ad for "midlevel game designer" - 2+ years industry Content Designer experience
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

And balance his work with an understanding that those higher in the food chain have given him rules, conditions, and expectations. He has to walk a fine line at times. I am fairly sure that he has some latitude, but that latitude can grow or shrink depending upon the policies set by the "suits". I don't actually envy him his job. I did something similar in a much smaller scale when my boss (30 years ago) asked me to deal with the difficult customers. We had no internet to contend with and my job wasn't nearly as open to widespread scrutiny. I lasted about two years in that position before I found an easier job in fairly well-hidden cubicle.

That having been said. There have been a lot of glitches lately. Patches seem to be ill-prepared and far to likely to suffer from unexpected issues. Funding? Working from home? Too small a staff? I do wonder at the cause(s) of all of these PITA issues. And I am obviously not alone in that.
    Akonite likes this.
  19. Akonite New Member

California Local Job Bulletin for a midlevel Game designer at Darkpaw: Pluses
    • Knowledge of programming or scripting languages.
    • Experience with LUA
    • Experience developing for a live service product
  20. Njustlight Journeyman

That was more or less the point I was making. I know that if I messed up this badly *ON A CONSISTENT BASIS* I would have a lot of explaining to do for my end users. I've only been back in game like, 6 months and in that time I've yet to see a single patch day go well. I agree that's a relatively small timeframe, but that's 6 monthly patches plus the server merge; and to be honest, if there were any other viable alternative game I likely would not have stuck around.