Login server down?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Malbro, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Malbro Augur

The servers are down again.

While they were up, I couldn't join or invite anyone to group.
    Crumb33, Mislandor, Scila and 7 others like this.
  2. SaintMichael New Member

So, the servers show "up," but when I try to log in to any server, except for a TLP, I get the error, "An unknown error occurred."

Please fix...see you tomorrow.
    Ranger Dave likes this.
  3. Eilelyen Journeyman

Zoning times are horrible and unable to zone to Feerrott! Another patch day that will probably be unplayable.
  4. Lurikeen Journeyman

Servers are down... many of them.
    Dibab and Elyssanda like this.
  5. TarewMarrForever Augur

Servers crashing. Seems that it can't handle player ingres. Bottleneck appears to be loading characters from the perma db.

Characters took 25-35+ seconds to load on some accounts. Others failed completely. Server eventually went belly up, I assume due to number of players trying to load toons, if I had to guess. Feels like typical request starvation problem; eventually there were so many requests it just went down / crashed.

I recommend building tech to pre-cache these toons locally, or, re-use your login queue from TLP, or, throw some more ponies at the db, or, bring up the world servers in a rolling fashion.

Whatever you do, please do something. What you have now just doesn't work. This is twice in a row this has happened.
    StiTch.ed likes this.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

they were up briefly, I made it in one 1 character.. then.. down again.
    Lurikeen and Andarriel like this.
  7. TarewMarrForever Augur

I get the same error...but only for 1 of my 3 accounts. The other two eventually got in and loaded their toons (quite slowly, but they eventually all loaded)
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

up down up down :(
  9. Dibab Augur

same here just tried for bristle.

Edit. Now bristle shows down. Seriously guys? How can you manage to break the servers monthly
  10. TarewMarrForever Augur

And...it's Down. ;-P
  11. Dibab Augur

left right left right?
    Bardy McFly and Andarriel like this.
  12. Stageguy Lorekeeper

I got back in game just now with 2 characters but could not zone with either. It did take several tries on each account to get through the login.
  13. Laronk Augur

Due to unforseen circumstances we've decided the way forward is TLP and we've cancelled all the "normal servers"
    Qelil likes this.
  14. Tallie Elder

Two of my accounts loaded fine. One has been "loading characters" for 5 minutes.
  15. Kukaw Augur

B-A-Start
  16. Wrinkly New Member

Got in to both accounts. Did Overseer and then swapped toons to farm some TS items. Both toons now disconnected :(
  17. Tappin Augur

There up for a few minutes, then down again....
    Dibab likes this.
  18. Tanamil New Member

start select
  19. johntherob Journeyman

Before i log a character in can your tech guys try to assure us of at least 30 minutes of UP time????
  20. Paladin Augur

Bertox has come up for a short time, only to crash soon after ... at least 3 plus times now as I type this.