Will the 4 TBL evolve items age out in next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Erebor, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Erebor New Member

Hi All,

Do you think the 4 TBL evolve items (boots, gloves, shoulders, ring) will age out during this next expansion? The base stats will be 2 expansions behind at that point.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Depends on, if they continue with aug-slot 18/19 in the next expansion for those inventory-slots. Procs means a lot for caster dps for example...
    Petalonyx and Lisard like this.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Buy the new expansion and see! (new marketing slogan).

Unless they let something slip, we probably won't know until Live launch plus (the ToV ear was added after launch and only a handful of folks did anything on Beta with it).

But if you think the 4 TBL evolve items "base stats" are two expansions behind on next expansion release, you need to use the 18/19 aug slots fully and compare to non evolve gear augged. They will be close enough to at least T1 raid gear to where I suspect most folks will just keep the TBL items. I guess this does depend if you have the final evolve for TBL or still sitting a level below (extra 500 h/m/e).

I know most raiders plan to keep one item (I plan to keep two) even if there are not upgrades/new items to keep more 18/19 slots.
    Coagagin likes this.
  4. strongbus Augur

going depend on if your a grouper or raider. If you just group then 100% yes they will be. if your a raider as jumbur said its going depend on what 18/19 they have and the stats of raid gear.
  5. Lisard Silly

the have staying power so long as they add new augs really.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No for groupers
    Maybe for raiders, this depends on a lot. :)
    minimind likes this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I wonder if you will be able to turn in your fully evolved TBL items into some quest NPC to get a upgrade.

Or, since the TBL evolve items involve key achievements (Hunter, Traveler) you've already got the key even if you have to relevel new items.
  8. Zamiam Augur

and thats why I havent done these yet .. I play an expansion behind usually so IF i were to get those items now and spend all the time evolving them going to past expansions to do so would just be a waste of time now as when new expansion comes out those we probably be out dated .. also I do not raid so the group version will definitely be outdated ..
    If your a raider sure it may still be a viable good investment of time well spent .. but if your not I cant justify the time sink . jmho ..

P.S> im just now getting into ToV and getting the merc/part/hero stuff done.. so just a tad behind everyone else .. but better a bit late than never.. and I dont have to fight with the overcrowded of it all .. and finally have my first toon to 113 :) .. now to get the rest of my 20+ alts there ..
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

The luck on the gloves/boots are probably worth retaining, as that's a +10 total luck that you wouldn't normally obtain.

If item luck caps to 15 on non-vis next expansion, the ring and shoulders are most definitely going to be dropped.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I expect for wizards, that the gloves will be swapped away early, as the frost-damage focus from "next-gen" items will be a factor too...
    Duder likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Next expansion shouldn't be a level increase so it won't matter, expansion after I expect all 4 to need upgrading.
    Fenthen and Skuz like this.
  12. Petalonyx Augur

Augs with procs, healing bonus, mitigation bonus, and enhancement augs full of heroic stats need spots to fit.

If next expansion gear includes new Type 18/19 slots, then it's likely the augs can move and some items could be ditched.

If next expansion gear includes new Type 18/19 augs, and no new slots, then the aug slots will be limiting and the TBL evo items will likely be retained, varying by class.
  13. smash Augur

I expect that those 4 items are going to be swapped out, for raiders/groups alike.

They were already pretty close in ToV
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

There was a difference in damage focus between RoS and TBL, even though there was not a level increase.

Ros focus was 70%-100%, and TBL was 70%-120%. both decays after lvl 115.

Its not unrealistic that next expansion focus will be better than ToV-focus... how that will compare to extra procs is an open question...
  15. Xerzist Augur

Well, to be frank - if you are currently raid geared in this expansion and a new one releases, your raid gear will likely be better than any group gear whether T1/T2 that can be obtained in the new xpac. Meaning, that is one character you don't gotta go through the hoops on you can walk into the raid scene.

As the evolving items are slightly better than the T1 raid gear, the same principle should apply. You'd basically be set until new raid gear is obtained. Minus the potential for new chase items, new quest items, augs, etc.

I'm just a gecko. I eat bugs. Don't rely on me.
  16. smash Augur

But evolv were 85/123, and now ToV raid ts gloves also same.
    And since focuses always increase, gloves are for sure to be changed for classes who got cold spells.

If focuses not increases, then it would be the exception to the rule.
  17. Muvandog Journeyman

This. For tanks, raid or group, who've done Rallos' Ear and have done the work to collect their type 18/19 augs, you've got 4x Defense augs that need to be put somewhere. I'd guess we're a couple expansions away at least from any piece of raid gear beating that, as a standalone increase in AC; add the fact that it will also increase the AC of every additional item you wear, and yeah. Then you need a frontal mitigation aug, and an incoming healing aug, and you're at two evolving items now.

For group tanks, a third evolver with 3 of the 4 Enhancement augs is likely unbeatable for a while as well. A fourth evolver with the remaining Enhancemnt aug, and both Fortifcation augs will likely also remain very competitive for some time.

For tanks, the evolving items with existing augs have a lot of staying power, even moreso if only new augs (but no items) come out, but they may get phased out if new evolving items (with or without new augs) come out.
    Fenthen and NeverPayForLag like this.
  18. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

EQ Public Service Announcement:
    Please stop caring about type damage focuses on gear. With current spells and burns, the damage added by your gear type focuses (yes, even raid ones) is minimal.

The type focus calculations are based upon the original spell data (meaning all your aas and burn multipliers are ignored) and that damage is added at the end of the calculation.

What does this mean? It means the difference between a wizard wearing sleeves vs no sleeves at all (ie no fire focus) on a cycle of current ToV raids ... is less than 5 percent of damage .. going from a 105% increase (average of current top raid focus) to *zero* ... less than 5 percent damage on a raid cycle.

Now, it is something. But it's about 1/20 of what you think it is doing. It's one of the reasons casters, especially direct damage casters, have fallen behind ... we're getting miniscule improvements from gear focuses.

This has been a EQ Public Service Announcement.
    Beimeith and Yinla like this.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I'm confused as to why some people posting here seem to think these will age out for groupers "for sure", considering maxed without the final level is FAR above any group gear.
    minimind, Allayna and menown like this.
  20. Hellowhatsyourname Augur