What was that? $12.99 mo sub?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I like this idea.

This is how I feel on patch day. (when downtime gets extended 6+ hrs and we get no compensation)
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Zamiam Augur

its 10 bucks a month if you buy a whole year ... or free if you use kronos from in game pp purchase..
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea the yearly one is pretty good i sell enough to buy krono's for my accounts so that way works as well.

Andarriel
  4. Roughleaf New Member

So how would you like your dime refunded to you? Also, do you not want the game maintained? They have to have time to do it.

September is 30 days * 24 hours = 720 14.99/720 = .02 per hour, so you are really crying to be repaid for 12 cents? Go look on the ground in most cities, can find pennies worth that much in the middle of a pandemic when coins are scarce, maybe check the cushions of your couch?

For people that subscribe to longer terms, the math gets even dumber. In theory the people playing the game love it, otherwise they wouldn't be playing to begin with. Saying that the company producing it should make less money, be given less incentive to continue it kind of runs counter to that sentiment.

If I don't play EQ, I might buy a VoD at $14.99 which entertains me for 2 hours. I might buy a new game at $60, which might entertain me for 40 hours, some I play more, some I play less, its a decent baseline. The value proposition for EQ is certainly there even for those that pay at the highest price, those people are also the least invested in EQ, most people with a deeper investment and commitment to the game will sub for longer periods anyway. I know my accounts are Lifetime on 1 and yearly on the other.
  5. Roughleaf New Member

Apparently the saved information is from my alt account, not like I care what name it displays.

Like it or not, EQ is a commercial product, so there has to be monetary incentive for the company to continue supporting it, suggestions that they lower the cost run counter to that, and will just shorten it's life, further lowering costs wouldn't silence people anyway, people always want to save more, even when the savings is largely meaningless. The games cost hasn't changed drastically from where it was at release, most things in life have gone up much more in cost.

People make the same arguments about expansion costs. Yet the development costs haven't fallen, the infrastructure costs aren't decreasing, and the entertainment value proposition one expansion from another in recent years is similar. There are usually lower cost versions available, if people are unwilling to pay those prices they can wait 9 months and pay half the price, or 2 years and get the content for free. Most other games don't make the DLC free after X amount of time regardless.
  6. KermittheFroglok Augur

You aren't owed a penny of compensation, in fact the server could be down for a week you would have zero recourse beyond just cancelling your subscription before your next payment.

https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service?locale=en_US

DISCLAIMERS, LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY

TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DAYBREAK GAMES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE DAYBREAK GAMES ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. DAYBREAK DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THE DAYBREAK GAMES, INCLUDING ALL STATUTORY AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. DAYBREAK MAKES NO WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE DAYBREAK GAMES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT ACCESS TO ANY OF THEM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, CONTINUOUS, VIRUS-FREE, ERROR FREE, RELIABLE, SECURE AND/OR COMPATIBLE WITH ANY PARTICULAR HARDWARE AND/OR SOFTWARE. DAYBREAK HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OBLIGATIONS TO FURNISH ANY MAINTENANCE AND/OR SUPPORT SERVICES WITH RESPECT TO THE DAYBREAK GAMES.

We're paying a bundled subscription so EQ is probably only getting 1/4 of what comparable aged games like EVE Online are. EVE isn't bundled, so probably has 4x the resources to keep things running smoothly. Short of AllAccess being discontinued as an offering or subscriptions going up, I don't see maintenance for EQ getting any shorter.
    Angahran likes this.
  7. Bardy McFly Augur

I prefer for the game to make money so it stays around. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea exactly!

Andarriel
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!