Truebox + 2 box restriction vs. NonTruebox + 2 box restriction?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhaz, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Rhaz New Member

Did they ever give a reason why Aradune was setup as a Truebox server with a 2 box restriction, versus just making it a non-Truebox server with a 2 box restriction? Was it a technical issue, or a product decision?

I totally understand Truebox since it helps encourage people to play together instead of rolling giant box armies. However, it seems like that could've been accomplished with allowing boxing on the same machine and limiting it to 2 accounts per machine instead of 1. Being able to roll a box healer or whatever is nice when groups are hard to come by, but I also find that unlimited boxing just means most people end up playing EQ (Single player edition).
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

It was a product decision. IMO, they were trying to appease the "no box" crowd.
  3. MMOer Augur

imo truebox is stupid if you are allowing boxes.

Just let us use Innerpsace on the same computer. Why would anyone want to use their laptops?
  4. Rhaz New Member

Yeah, that's the part I don't understand. If it's going to be enforced Truebox then it seems like it should be just 1 account per person instead of two. Otherwise, just enforce the 2 account per person rule but let us box on the same machine.
  5. Bullsnooze Augur

How many times are you people going to beat a dead horse in regards to Aradune's ruleset?

Its how it is and if you want to box on the same computer they created Rizlona for you.
  6. Maze Elder

Do a two IP connection hard limit to the server and let us box on the same pc.
    Done.
    EQEmu has had this for 12 years, why not DPG?
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

That won't work. It's been discussed many times. Families that play together, university networks, LAN centers (is there still such a thing?) all break if you implement restrictions based on IP.
  8. Maze Elder

OH well,
  9. Tayvial Journeyman

Because they won't. OH well, right.