A Free Trade TLP is (Likely) Coming!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machen, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Tinthalas Tigris New Member

2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. MMOer Augur

Free trade... no thanks. Hard pass. farmers paradise.

Only reason I play there is to pump and dump for krono.

Give me a all loot NO DROP and LORE server any day though
    Xhartor likes this.
  4. Tayvial Journeyman

100% Agree.

Lmao.. Server will never last.
  5. Tinthalas Tigris New Member

WIshful thinking.

Probably would not. But a man can dream.
  6. Dilf Augur

What is the fixation with people thinking that offering a free-trade server would result in an RMT cesspool? The truth is that all TLPs are an RMT cesspool, and always will be until action is taken against the botters and EULA violators. The tradeable loot is camped forever from Classic to Velious, and the no-drop gear from NToV onwards is sold via loot rights.

Mangler has a botter running multiple full raids from PoTime through Anguish, selling hundreds of kronos of loot rights every single day with no action taken against him. The RMT'ers of today and the past move to each new TLP doing the same thing, manipulating the same guilds, and it's accepted by the masses, I guess. The RMT'ers on Aradune, Mangler, etc. will be on the next TLP, free trade or not.

The benefits of free trade would allow guilds to sell off their over-abundance of chain, leather, and cloth armor, as an example, to allow them to feed classes less fortunate. There is a Mangler guild that has only seen 1 BBoB from Tacvi that would surely trade their wealth in exchange for something that benefits them long-term.

Some people can't see past their noses.
    Elskidor and Fenthen like this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

And some people can't see beyond their self-interests.

I don't know the numbers but the sheer volume of FV customer service tickets is what I think the main thing preventing any Free Trade TLP is, they are enough of a disincentive and seemingly there are far more of them per player there than anywhere else, it's cropped up as an issue on more than one occasion, you can sit there and deny it all you want if that makes you feel all self-righteous about it but it won't change the fact Free Trade is way more expensive to manage from a CS time perspective.

If you want Free Trade rules, go play on FV is the answer, its the only way you're getting it.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. fireworks Journeyman

There's nothing wrong with more loot.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

FTFY
    code-zero likes this.
  10. MMOer Augur

Oh... so guild leaders can do the RMT more easier. OK lol. Sucks for guild members I guess.
  11. Bewts Augur

Rebooting FV is no different than current TLP.

The only difference is that you need to sell loot rights before it rots instead of on a trader at your leisure.
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Dilf Augur

Do you even play this game? What do you think happens now with loot rights being sold?
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Dilf Augur

I can see your angle, but the CS ticket volume is meaningless in respect to either a traditional type of server, or one with a FV ruleset. People are still going to be toxic, still going to train you to "compete" for loot or boss kills, etc. People still report these behaviors, put in daily tickets against the botters, and so on. Once you get into instanced raid loot, what really is worth putting in a ticket for aside from maybe progression components (like Anguish signets, e.g.)?
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This is complete nonsense.

On a regular server a no-trade item can be sold one time only - only one player ever gets to use it.

Free Trade lets that same item be traded for as long as the server exists potentially being equipped by hundreds of different players.

The difference is immense.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You're wrong, if the difference was meaningless the devs wouldn't keep making a point about it & a Free Trade TLP would exist already.
  16. Mrjon3s Augur

Just release it and say Good Luck.
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

No-box, no , single-account only Free Trade TLP. Please.
  18. code-zero Augur

This would be the most CS intensive possible rule set imaginable
    Skuz likes this.
  19. KermittheFroglok Augur

Just joining the chorus of people that are saying "No, sorry but probably not." Just because they outlined most a rule variants doesn't mean they plan to launch that variant.

In a nutshell what that guy said.

The Devs know that if they don't call out that Free Trade (FV) is less restrictive there will inevitably be people transferring from a TLP to FV, deciding they don't like FV (e.g. can get crowded, high pop but no AoC or instances...), and then proceeding use their boxed accounts to spam the forums with accusations that DBG is scamming players because it wasn't clear they would be stuck on FV after they transferred there.

People did that when the unlocked TLP promotion ended, people are literally arguing that AFK/unattended doesn't actually mean AFK/unattended.

In other words, DPG said it because our community is obsessed with trying to ignore common sense or pretending exceptions exist where the rules are pretty clear. Similar to how Free Trade TLP advocates are obsessed with finding any "hint" of a FT TLP, *when as others have pointed out*... the Devs repeatedly push back at the idea on developer streams/etc. for a laundry list of reasons.

I would love to see a Tradeless TLP, or one where all rare items are flagged "No Trade". That'd kill botting pretty quick because you'd have to be active and at your computer if you wanted to sell the loot rights.
    Skuz and Captain Video like this.
  20. Fluffles New Member

You not played TLP in a while? Nodrop gear is farmed and sold by botters/necro boxes since day 1.

Used to be for FV style TLP, but with how toxic things are with notrade items being camped and monopolized 24/7 to sell LR for Krono, I can't imagine how awful a free trade server would be