Fixed Internally Bug in the logic that calculates qualifying recipe counts

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Eyashusa, Feb 3, 2020.

1. blackninja New Member

Would love to get an update.
  2. Cacky Elder

I just dinged 350 in research a couple days ago. It did not seem bugged or require more recipes than expected. Just one more data point.
  3. Tyrion_Povar New Member

So can confirm the requirements seem to have changed or are calculating incorrectly. For baking, I am currently at 348.

According to Soul Banshees parser.
    "708 recipes learned of 698 recipes needed for 350 skill."

According to http://eqrecipes.free.fr/index.php
    "You have already learned enough recipes from the list below to get to 350."

Would appreciate any update from Ngreth or other Devs.
    Mithra and Duder like this.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

That is what this whole thread is about. We originally got our data points from players (or ourselves) that hit 350 skill then looked at the count from outputfile. Then an expansion came out and players started reporting that more recipes were being needed to hit 350, so we updated our data again. Then another expansion came out, and again more recipes were being needed.

This is in contrast to dev response when skills were raised that the number to hit 350 would be static and we would just be gaining more recipes in order to hit that number with each expansion. In the meantime without getting new info each expansion from players, we can only display what we had from the previous expansion (and frankly I gave up trying to ask players getting no responses).

Devs have confirmed that this is a bug, but since this only impacts launches of new expansions is a low priority for a fix. Whatever it is now, is the same as what it was when ToV launched. Keep making recipes until you actually get 350 instead of the displayed number is the best you can do for now.
    Tyrion_Povar and Duder like this.
  5. Tyrion_Povar New Member

Yeah I understand the bug, just wanted to post some additional data to hopefully draw more attention in hopes of a fix. The community as a whole definitely appreciates the work you put into your parser as it makes the management of this a whole lot cleaner.

As another data point, I just finished Baking 350 and the new recipe count per your parser is 724 required.

"724 recipes learned of 698 recipes needed for 350 skill."
  6. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

The bug is more than new expansion related and i wish they would respond on a time frame. The main reason I am looking for a response is because I have a guild mate that literally can not finish smithing. Based on my calculations they should be around 336 skill and it is showing 320.

Eya
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

It's not linear for the number of recipes needed for each point as you skill up. It will take a different number to each point as you progress. There were a lot of armor recipes added each expansion for smithing, if you are using one of the pre-ToV numbers. There are going to be a lot more recipes needed to max.
  8. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

That is not correct.
  9. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

Ok to add more data for that. I just worked with a person on smithing and it took 1939 recipes in the dump file to max smithing which is the exact same number required back in 2017 when dump files were added to the game.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and RPoo like this.
  10. Duder Augur

I just did smithing 350 on an alt a few weeks ago and the recipe requirement for 350 remained the same as it was when I first did smithing 350 in TBL. Recipe count I use was compiled in EOK. The recipe count required to achieve 350 remained constant from TBL to ToV.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. WFSBelaar Lorekeeper

I was working on pottery, and currently there does not appear to be enough recipes in game to finish. I am at 343 skill and my stats are as follows.
    2066 recipes learned of 2014 recipes needed for 350 skill.

There are 2146 total recipes for this tradeskill.

Looking for an update on status.
    Duder and Allayna like this.
  12. Soulbanshee Augur

I have heard from a couple guildies that they are well over the known recipes for 350 skill on some tradeskills.

Recap: Originally TS development stated that it was intended that the number of recipes known to get to 350 for each tradeskill was going to be static from when 350 skills were released, that is each new expansion adds new recipes but the number of recipes to learn to obtain 350 would be the same thus essentially lowering the difficulty progressively. What has happened is each new expansion has added new recipes AND the number of recipes to learn to obtain 350 has increased. The first one or two expansions it was only a slight increase so not very well noticed. With ToV, something went more wrong and players are reporting they are having to learn almost all recipes to get to 350 (no numbers but lets say it seems like more than 95% of the learnable recipes).

With beta presumably coming up, this will again cause additional issues for those currently/soon to be skilling up.

Also when this is settled, could we please get a response with the expected number of recipes needed for 350 for each skill so we can update our websites/tools with the correct information. Although I expect the answer would be "no", I would also personally like to inquire about getting the number of "total allowable recipes that count toward 350" for the community to try recipe hunting to fill in any as of yet not widely discovered recipes listed on player sites.
    Soraia, Drewie and Duder like this.
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

I got confirmation that a ticket for the issue is entered and being looked into.
  14. Aanuvane Augur

I just maxed baking on another toon. Drewie was reporting 698 needed for 350 and that's what I had learned, but didn't have the AAs yet....got the AAs, only got to 349. Learned one more recipe and dinged 350. I'd go check when, but Povar is down :(
  15. Lauraena New Member

Jewlcrafting: According to my outputfile, I have 1368 recipes. My skill is 349.
    From 347 to 348 took 25 recipes, from 348 to 349 took 24, and from 349 I have made 24 more recipes without getting to 350 yet. (According to the parser I should have been done since skill 346.)

Brewing: According to my outputfile, I have 224 recipes. My skill just turned 330.
    The last 4 skill-ups took 6 recipes per skill up. The parser says I need to:
    learn exactly 78 more recipes from the list below (114 recipes) to get to 350 Brewing
    Which would imply a rate of approximately 4 recipes per skill up, which is not what I am seeing.
    If it stays at a constant 6 per, there may not be enough recipes to complete.

Any information or feedback regarding this would be appreciated...
  16. Aanuvane Augur

I just purchased 13/13 on Brewing after having learned 302 recipes - I dinged 350 without needing to learn any more recipes.
  17. Natal Augur

My understanding was that the newer recipes don't count for the skill leveling but do contribute to the outputfile as learned recipes. So, you may have some learned recipes that are not counted for skilling up. That is probably what is causing the discrepancy.
  18. Duder Augur

They do count.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  19. Aanuvane Augur

I just dinged 350 in research on an alt - took 2568 recipes. Other than a few random spells for alts, the strategy was "bottom up" finished in the middle of Fine Paper.
  20. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

So it has been almost a year since this issue was first raised. I know not everyone will get their AP maxed, but most working towards it, will get some help from their friends along the way.

If you know some one doing this right now, working on your own 350s, or think you might in the future, please like the first post. It is my understanding that this is the metric used when determining what bugs are important to the community.

Thanks
    Eya
    Duder likes this.