HoT -A cursed Cure - Adder egg

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Zamiam, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Zamiam Augur

Can we please get the Adder Egg drop rate improved or put the egg drop on other snakes .. this is ridiculous .. 3 -4 hours killing the only 2 sinious Adders and not one Egg drop .. its 2020 time to increase this ..

I make alts all the time and I like to run them thru HoT quests ESPECIALLY if they are Heroic .and the " A cursed Cure" is one of the quests that give you a heroic aug .. its so frustrating sometimes it almost makes me not want to buy heroics or use them ..

you dev's really need to take a closer look at the drop rate on these Eggs pls .. or make it so the egg drops off other adders not just the sinious ones...
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Kill other mobs. Slithering adders also drop them.
  3. Zamiam Augur

no they dont .. the slithering are "weak" mobs and they no longer drop them .. sense the introduction of Heroics they changed the drop to only the sinous
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You only need one. :D

But the drop rate is very low. Always has been. And that is how it is meant to be.
  5. Poppinfresh Elder

Not to mention the two sinuous adders are the PHes for Sable, who doesn't drop the egg either.

It sounds like you've had horrible luck with the RNG. I run new heroics through T1 HoT all the time for the augs, and I've usually picked up the adder egg on the first clear. I think my worst go of it was three full clears before I got one, but even that was less than an hour.

Even so, I agree this is an unnecessary bottleneck. The rotdog, feeder, and spider drops are plentiful. I'd make the adder egg a guaranteed drop off of sinuous adders (and Sable), a ~50% chance from deadly vipers (and Vermillion), and a ~10% chance from non-weak snakes.
    Zamiam likes this.
  6. Zamiam Augur

well finally got my Egg .. complaining about it must change the RNG cause after i posted within 2 spawn rounds i got the egg finally after 4 hours 2 hours yesterday and 2 today .. but its done :p
    Grove likes this.
  7. Juxtaposedirony New Member

Just did the quest with 6 boxes(i.e., 6 drops in 12 kills) , the drop rate was 50% of of sinuous adders. Took a few hours because someone was leveling in the area and was killing the snakes before i could get to them even though I had a tracker.
    Magelo correctly predicted the path these adder's take and that was more helpful than the other resources I found.
  8. Raptorjesus5 Augur

This quest wasn't bad before they added the heroic characters and wiped out so much of the spawns in the zone to make room.