Double Spawns doesn't appear to be working

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Tutankamen Augur

I've been camping a named all day on FV and his spawn rate is abysmal- totally normal. It really doesn't seem like this double spawn is working at all. Is it possible this was not applied after the double exp was put back in place?
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I camped a named on AB, and got it to spawn 5 times in a few hours, while my guild spammed me with hunter achievements...

Hard to say if it is "double" or just "increased" though.
  3. Khat_Nip Meow

Every time they do an increased spawn rate for nameds/rares it's the same old argument from players that simply don't understand the mechanics.

Doubling the chance of a named spawning doesn't mean there's a 50% chance of the new pop to be a PH or a named so just put that to bed already for the last time.
    If a named has a (arbitrary number) 1% chance of spawning normally, and they artificially double that chance, then that named now has a 2% chance of spawning, statistically.
  4. Tutankamen Augur

Sure fine- you don't have to be rude pal. The fact is if thats true then both of the named I camped just happened to be .05% mobs? I'd sure like to know the spawn %. I camped both for hours and hours with almost no spawns.

-The Darkseer (TBM)
    -Zburator the Damned (TOV)
  5. Khat_Nip Meow

I wasn't being rude; just stating a fact. Someone brings this up every time there's a, 'named spawn increase'. After this run is done and the next future bonus increase happens someone else will post about how it's not working.
    It's not likely but you 'could' get 5 nameds in a row OR not even see a named after 20 spawns. It all comes down to their potential spawn percentage chance and the RNG.
  6. paragon520 New Member

How was he being rude? The game isn't called EasyQuest. Also, you are always posting and whining about a lot of stuff "not working" in-game and on the forums. It's a "you" problem, not "the game" problem.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Double rares is working i finished hollowshade moor with its very rare mobs. Im six away from scarlet desert and moonslayer. scarlett has 50+ rares in it and from what ive seen they could add another 30 its pretty crazy luclin and all there different named mobs.

Andarriel
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Dibab Augur

it's most definitely working. Sorry for your bad luck, but i spent 4 hours on one named in ToV Kael and then had 2 pop at once also in Kael, 3 within 20 mins at 1 camp.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Andarriel like this.
  9. Febb Augur

It depends on how many PH's there are in the spawn table for that NPC and what the spawn percentage rates is set for the actual named to spawn. Sometimes RNG just doesn't want to cooperate as well and always gives you a bad roll.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea even with double rares you can get bad rng eq can be very mean sometimes!

Andarriel
  11. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I could be mistaken, but i seem to remember the base spawn rate for ToV named was supposed to be something like if you're killing all phs as soon as they pop you should get 1 named every ~90 minutes on average. that doesn't mean you can't go hours normally without seeing one though.

so if you're camping something for more than a couple hours and not getting a named my first question is: are you killing *all* phs for that named?
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Unless they ever found a workaround, increased rares doesn't function for the oldest expansions. I can't remember the cut off, but those named spawn using scripts that would have to be manually changed 1 by 1. So it only works on like PoP+ content. Someone else probably remembers which expansion it starts working at though.

Whenever they changed how it works, they put a flag on things so they could increase the % chance with a flick of the switch, but without recoding all the old stuff, these events will never affect them.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

As long as the named comes up as rare spawn they get affected by the bonus. Makes me wonder if there are some hunters that are rare but are not flagged?

Andarriel
  14. enclee Augur

What’s easier than parking in one spot and re-killing the same mob, until the slot machine awards you your named?