Start selling boost tokens once a server gets to 70, or so?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nodontcarekkthxbye, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Captain Video Augur

Ears, rings, face and neck are on the vendors next to the tutorial NPC in PoK. They don't drop anywhere. They're not called Defiant, they're called Combatant (for melee) or Adept (for casters), but they're part of the same itemization as Defiant: equivalent stats, same level restrictions, they go into the game at the same time. Combatant/Adept nomenclature is also used for the waist, back, shoulder and range (non-weapon) slots; those do drop, but they're all ultra-rare. Chest and legs are more sought after because they're ultra-rare, while the other visible pieces are simply rare. And then you have the Defiant augments, of which there are 2-6 per level group. A few of those are rare, most are ultra-rare. And a few level groups have Defiant something for the charm slot.

The rest of your argument is basically saying that TLPs exist solely for raiding, and I disagree with that. You won't change my mind, and I certainly don't expect to change yours. :)
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Ha fair enough.
    If they are vendor items them they don't need to be on a heroic, same with augs. It's starter gear, not fully decked out. Give em the 8 visible slots and whatever is an appropriate amount of plat and turn em loose lol.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Biggest problem with changing the autogrant is F2P. F2P is 2 expansions back and they do not want to give them anymore than they already do, uping the auto grant to 2 expansions back as well, means those who pay nothing for the game other can be maxed out in AA for the cost of a Krono.

Adding more heroics chars is complex especially when trying to decide what gear they give put on them. The best heroic stats for each class is something many don't agree on, and which every stat they picked for a class there would be some who wouldn't agree with it.

A simpler idea maybe to just add a token to the store for each 5 levels and let the players worry about the gear themselves. Each token boost unlocks in the marketplace X expansions after that level increased.

Another solution to the AA problem maybe to increase EXP gains on non level expansions on TLPs.
  4. Zinth Augur

boost tokens? there are PL's and EXP pots what more do you want? someone else to play the game for you?

I just used the recent exp bonus to level a char from 1 to 100 (took a week of regular exp'ing not really PL) now working on the last 5 levels (105 is currently the max on Phinny)
  5. RizLoaner Elder

For server health it would probably be a good idea to have some form of TLP heroic characters sold in the marketplace when the server reaches some sort of level of inactivity or low player population. Maybe DoDH era since that's when the game starts to get enjoyable again with lots of group content after PoP.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

A returning player would be unlikely to have a current expansion geared main as you do, neither would all of them have the capability to 3 box or more, put yourself in the shoes of an actual returning player solo at 3 expansions or more behind in what is now crap gear...
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  7. Godsanvil Journeyman

Open the Bazaar from the start. Sick as a mf of standing around in commons.
  8. Machen New Member

The 51/50 template would be way overpowered for pop. There are some classes where a lot of the plane of time gear would be a downgrade from intricate defiant, thanks to the mod2's/heroics/focus effects on defiant. Even if you held off til Gates for the level 55 heroic toons, there are still a few cases where the starting heroic gear would be best in slot or at least close.
    Captain Video likes this.
  9. Zinth Augur

first 60 levels was with just a merc... then added a lvl 75 toon then... first at lvl 75 did I group up with my main... and as a necro I could have done it solo too quite fast... a rogue? nah... but most reasonable classes can do it with a merc without issues especially with double exp going on... and most are not hermits like me, so they got friends that could help
  10. Eldrian Augur

Leveling is already incredibly easy, same with AA. Instead of looking for more handouts you should examine what you are doing with the time you are actually logged on. Do you actively pursue groups or even grind solo or do you sit around and whine, wasting time looking for that "perfect" group to happen. I have been playing on Lockjaw(now Ragefire) from the beginning and have always hit max level and even max AA when available within the first 30 days of new xpac. It's not even remotely hard, just don't waste your online time doing nothing and then complaining that you are not getting anywhere.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Realistically getting groups beyond TSS at the same level is hard, for anyone trying to catch up all but impossible.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  12. Eldrian Augur

That's complete BS. Any class can solo up to 75 in TSS just following the quest lines if they want to. Also EQ does not require you to be the same level to actually group, there is a 1.5 level spread from highest to lowest. The only reason someone would not be able to find groups or not be able to advance is that they are completely anti social and do not want to be in the company of others to begin with. If that is the case, then why play a social interaction MMO?
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm sorry but this is straight up false on TLP once Mercs unlock with SoD maybe, until then no freaking way. Hell When I started on Phingel when GoD unlocked I had no choice but 2 box, I didn't get invited to groups & nobody wanted to join mine until I hit 62+

That's massively over-optimistic, that might have been the case on live servers ten years ago, play into the 70's on a TLP or beyond and you are in a whole different game for groups. It has a lot less to do with the lowbie being anti-social & a lot more to do with higher level players being reticent to carry players who are far under level.

For people they know they'll do it often but for people they don't know well yeah happens rarely. Biggest reason players quit is they can't make or get groups due to cliques / intra guild exclusionary behaviour & straight up not wanting to have anyone in group they don't know.

Maybe your experience is far better, but that's been mine on a live server & 2 TLP since, admittedly the EU population I'm part of is far smaller than the US one.

Personally I play EQ almost entirely for the raid game, for me the group game is just the part I have to do to get to experience the part I really like, when I have seen players LFG for ages & I know there's nobody else near their level I have carried them some, I am no heartless soandso but when you have just 2 or 3 months to get a lot of the content knocked out and things like Shawl 2.0/3.0, Tears of Alaris & Artisan's Prize to work on you just don't have time to carry much slack, I bet most TLP players feel the same, everything is a rush to get as much done as you can.