A Free Trade TLP is (Likely) Coming!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machen, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Machen New Member

Did you guys catch this from the server transfer announcement? No reason to include the bolded part if one's not in the works:

*** Progression Servers ***

- Players may server transfer between progression servers that are in the same or later expansion and within the same or a less restricted ruleset. True box is more restrictive than servers without it. Free trade (Firiona Vie ruleset) is less restrictive than servers
  2. Ootax Augur

I'd like to try a free trade sever, the krono farm on one would be off the charts. But it looks like they put that on there because you can now transfer from a TLP to a live server and they are letting you know you can transfer from some progression servers to FV.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Yinla and Skuz like this.
  3. Thewiz Augur

Or they are mentioning that because of FV and Brekt. But man oh man I hope there will be a TLP FV-type server.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

You always could transfer from a TLP to any live server (including FV), you just can't transfer off FV. And Brekt not longer exists. I think they are just covering their bases and putting out ground rules in case, so I suppose that means its not off the table but I don't think it means TLP 2021 is for sure FV style.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Skuz like this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Clutching at straws a bit I think, and the posters above cover why that line about FV is there at all.
    But it is always a possibility that the GM enforcement of Aradune/Rizlona is working out well from Darkpaw's perspective so they've put Free Trade ruleset TLP back into the discussion. I'm not against Free Trade rules so long as its cost effective to manage all the additional CS workload one would likely generate.
    Thewiz and Tweakfour17 like this.
  6. Trubles New Member

FV Ruleset should enforce 1 character per account per household.
    TheInquisitor and Thewiz like this.
  7. jeskola pheerie

I read that and thought the same thing. The blurb was written specifically for progression servers, so I think they let the cat out of the bag early.
  8. ForumBoss Augur

The thought crossed my mind as well, though I'm not getting my hopes up. Since they already merged Brekt into FV, it seems to allude to a new fv rule class of tlp. However, the transfer rules and allowed combinations seem quite half baked, so I wouldn't be too surprised if the person who wrote this doesn't know dpg has been against the free trade tlp concept, or doesnt know Brekt was already merged.

Part of the (strange) reason we were given against a fv tlp was the inability to transfer off - but it was already clear it would allow transfer to FV (live), but not other non free trade tlp or live servers.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

Which is kind of a weak argument, transferring from a free trade server in pop to any server in tss+ is gonna do what exactly?
  10. Machen New Member

It's specifically in the progression server section, and the introductory paragraph which mentions a FV type server specifically refers to progression server transfers. If it were a general message about server transfers on all servers I'd tend to agree it is nothing. But the section has nothing to do with FV and Brekt. Neither Brekt nor FV have ever been progression servers.
  11. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

I wonder if a free trade TLP would cause DPG's server to completely explode.
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Crabman Augur

All they are saying is that if your transfer from a progression server to FV you cant transfer off of FV
    Dragnet Sleuth, Yinla and RizLoaner like this.
  13. Kukaw Augur

Back in April during that Discord AMA, didn't one of the devs say there was very little chance of a Free Trade TLP?
    I don't think they were against the idea of it; I think it was more of a data doesn't support the idea of one, not so much that they didn't want one.

Although, things do change, so maybe...for the record I think one would be fun.
  14. code-zero Augur

The transfer flow goes from more restrictive rules to less restrictive rules. So the 2 box limit True Box rule for Aradune with GM enforcement is the most restrictive. FV with its free trade rule is at the opposite end of line. It's been stated by devs in AMA that free trade requires too much CSR involvement.

I'm really thinking that the only way you're getting free trade is if you transfer to FV
    Bullsnooze and Skuz like this.
  15. Healiez Augur

The devs have said in multiple AMA's that its extremely unlikely they will ever do a free trade tlp.
  16. Siah Elder

I doubt this has anything to do with Aradune/Rizlona or Mangler, probably more of the older TLP's who's populations are extremely low and are struggling to stay alive. I hope those Norrathian's that play on Coirnav etc. get what they needed with higher population on where ever they decided to go. More people is always nice, having more friendly new classes to group/raid with and make friends with, sounds great! Best WIshes!
    *edited for grammatical errors!*

-Forgottin(Main), 60 Cleric of Aradune
    -Triality(2nd Main), 60 Enchanter of Aradune
    -Designer(Alt), 56 Druid of Aradune
    Proud Member of "That's E Q Baby"
  17. Nolrog Augur

They seemed to be pretty adamant in the last dev chat that there were not any plans for a free trade server.
  18. jeskola pheerie

I think I remember only Absor seemed against it philosophically, the other devs were against it for technical and CS reasons, which may be considered resolved now.
  19. haaaalp Augur

no. you fail.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That i suspect was pretty much only included so TLP players cannot complain after they transfered to FV and discover cannot transfer off again.
    Ngreth Thergn and Skuz like this.