Disable Lore-Equipped Loot Notifications

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by AlmarsGuides, Sep 10, 2020.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

I just noticed that recently a feature was added that notifies you with a pop up box when you try to loot an item that is Lore-Equipped that you already have equipped. Is there a way to disable this in the options that I haven't found yet? I see you can disable it for Tradeskill crafts but not when it comes to looting items?

I love unnecessary pop up boxes as much as anyone; but please give us a way to auto skip this pop up box. I honestly don't even care if I have a Lore-Equipped item equipped and I try to loot another, I thought Lore-Equipped was added into the game to exactly allow this very thing - why does it need a notification? =(
    cadres and Yinla like this.
  2. Celephane Augur

Players asked for it. They didn't want to loot a second item without being notified
  3. AlmarsGuides Augur

Why stop with one notification? I want to be asked if I am sure whether or not I wanna loot it.

Then i want an additional pop up that asks me if I am sure about being sure.
    Bardy McFly and Nennius like this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

I like the notification. With advanced loot, it would suck to have a filter on that loots an aug you already have that you cannot use. It gives you a chance to say whoa, oops, sorry group members who need the aug.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I like the notification also and am glad it was added.
    Duder, Shanarias and GNOME_POWER like this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Is it causing issues with software you are using?

If I am grouped with others I would want to know if I have a lore group item because I would rather someone else got it if I have an item in the lore group. If I am boxing I would rather know so it could go to another toon.

I don't see the pop up coming up enough to really be much of a problem.

That being said leaving it configurable is a great idea since some may not want the pop up. Assuming its easily done and there are not other issues giving it an off and on switch isn't a bad idea.
    Duder likes this.
  7. Celephane Augur

Then ask for it. I answered your question, I didn't request this feature.. you could stand to lose the attitude when you are the one that asked why this exists
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Tatanka like this.
  8. cadres Augur

Agree it's annoying
    Agree it seems pretty irrelevant unless an item is 'no trade'
    No trade items already have a popup
    There should be a way of turning this off for those of us who don't want it - should be easy to do (like the popup that you can choose to have when you drop something, for eg)

There seems a lot of 'vocal folk ask for something so it happens' without asking a wider group
    I'm still *really* annoyed about losing the in-game notification of time left on account (which a handful of people also wanted to ditch, apparently)
  9. Schadenfreude Augur

Anything that breaks certain Third Party plug-ins was worth whatever coding time it took.
    Duder and Cragzop like this.