Viniki hunter anything rarer?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Andarriel, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

[IMG]

and i actually got tisella twice as well. i got her and got my achievement and just for the heck of it i stayed another 30minutes and she spawned again got lucky unlike some spawns i know lol.

Andarriel
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

We got the Burynai Cutter on Vox on 9/9/2020
  3. RPoo Augur

A few of the dragons in WW were a real PITA to spawn for raids hunter.
    Anyone on Xegony have a coldain ring they need to finish, hit me up I neeeed that Narandi kill but too lazy to do it myself! There would be compensation for your time. ~Renaii
  4. Zamiam Augur

beasts do not get tracking .. I wish they did .. i mean common they are Animalists for crying out loud and a bst :p
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea just thought it was weird that a bst was in south karana trying to get quill i mean whats the chances of just running into the mob. surprised they dont get some kind of tracking least like bard's.

Andarriel
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea im down to a couple i had problems spawning stronghorn so i killed dragon's too. i got two i need tsiraka and yal. least i got good pp for stronghorn's horn. Looks like tsiraka is a 4-6 ph respawn better than 122 at least :)

Andarriel
  7. RPoo Augur

those 4-6 hour respawns add up! Got to the point that i'd set an alarm if i was asleep to wake up and kill them.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea i bet i will prob just park my mage close by and everytime i do overseer for xp i will have a chance to get.

Andarriel
  9. Sissruukk Rogue One

Narra Tanith in South Karana is proving to be stupidly rare. We've had a group in there the past 3 days murdering the entire zone, and she still hasn't shown her face.
  10. Funky Augur

think i have a toon that's at the last ring, or one before the ring war. i'll check later and let ya know
    RPoo likes this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea she's very rare i finally got her though.

[IMG]

was just killing up and down on west wall. down to synger and grizzleknot. Then i got brother qwinn on back back back spawns. not sure if there on same spawn table or not but here they are could be wrong though.

[IMG]

Andarriel
  12. Sindace Elder

Got classic EQ <20 hunters left to go, Kunark hunters 75% done, Velious hunters <10 to go. PoP and LoY done. Luclin on the back burner for now. All the current hunters completed.

Haven't found anything rarer than Vaniki. King Xorbb will probably be my bottleneck, double spawns on a super rare isn't very useful, so haven't gone super hard on that. Certain zones are a nuisance, Field of Bone for instance, but doable in less time than Vaniki. Vaniki with a 50% spawn every 5 days. Damn near everything is guaranteed to spawn in that amount of time with effort.

I'll give a very small handful as being almost as bad. Mass slaughtering always wins out though, unless you're after that damn rat.
    Andarriel likes this.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea i got king during fabled seems to me stuff spawned quicker during that time course i could be wrong (quicker i mean rare's spawned better). i got gorge in like 8-10 hrs and i was scared of that zone was putting it off. im down to 1 mob for moonslayer then im off to sk to try to get last two mobs. Ive tried field of bones prob like 5 times and have gotten nothing to spawn :( kunark im down to like 3 or 4 zones think 3 plus vaniki lol.

Andarriel

I got king xorbb near clan runneyeye. i killed everything but goblins as i was ally to them. not sure i was ally though lol.
  14. Sissruukk Rogue One

We have a couple in our guild, Mojito and Chicodiablo, who only need Narra Tanith to have all hunters done up to RoS.
  15. Ninelder Augur

Its not that shes that rare, her PH roams the entire zone, and not even a ranger can track all of SK, so locking down the PH is impossible, especially with the mobs popping in and out by time and the other ones killing each other. You can bring in a couple of other toons with pets/familiars and set them at third-way points in the zone to help your ranger track them down.
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yup i know as my main is a ranger and thats why south karana is the worst hunter zone ever as ph's can roam the zone. reason why its the last zone i need for norrath slayer. just glad i got her and she dropped her rare too bonus. Too bad hunters dont have it so they drop there heads or something so you can mount them in your house lol. Thing is when i got her i was trying to spawn synger :)

Andarriel
  17. Sissruukk Rogue One

What is her PH?
  18. Zamiam Augur

DONT TELL dont tell pls dont tell

Made you look ;)
  19. Ninelder Augur

She's on Brother Qwinn's 66 second spawn cycle. You hunt him to hunt her: The PHs can be lion, lioness, an escaped splitpaw gnoll et al, I do not think it had a centaur or aviak ph this is from memory, I did it when it was current.(Edit: I did it when they put in the achievement a couple of years ago.)

How we did this and several other zones was to use the work of the madmen who figured out how Quillmane cycle works years before. They would kill one mob and wait for it to respawn, while timing it.

The named in South Karana are on a 66-72 second spawn cycle. Trash in the zone respawn in 30? seconds. You know the PH for Brother Qwinn/Narra roams from the north to south end of the west side of the zone. If you run through the north to south end of the west side of zone you will see many mobs, the rarer PH on this side of the zone is an escaped splitpaw gnoll. Kill all the lions and lionesses and elephants mist wolfs etc, until an escaped splitpaw gnoll spawns. Follow it, wait for the other mobs you kill to respawn, kill the escaped splitpaw gnoll and time it. If its PH respawns in 30 seconds its trash, repeat step one. If however, it respawns in 66-72 seconds its your PH. Kill it, and then find and kill it again every 66-72 seconds until it respawns as the named you need. This process can repeated for most of the named in zone. Fanra made a good map of the named here: https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Quillmane
  20. Sindace Elder

Have been flying blind in SK myself, leaving a bard midway up the zone and using a ranger to track the bottom part. Just looking around til I find the ~66 second respawns then following them to their nameds, then leaving the named up if not needed to avoid chasing that line of phs in the future. Works...okay. Did find Narra this way though, while expecting another named. Down to Grizzleknot and Grimrot now, almost there.