No Fix Planned Icebound Avatar, mercs fails Bend the Knee ach

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Evurkvest, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Evurkvest Augur

If a merc gets the emote the ach will fail. Perhaps not a bug but probably not intended.
    Moege likes this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's not a bug, and it's intenional...that's how it's been from the start. They don't kneel, but they also don't get zapped...that's the tradeoff for using mercs.
  3. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Forces you to use a real healer unless you get super lucky and the merc doesn't get called but that's really rare.
  4. Conq Augur

Merc's are the Devil.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I have consulted with the designer of this mission. Since this is a challenge achievement, and not normal completion, we are fine with this achievement requiring "abnormal" behavior, such as not using a mercenary.

If the mercenary stopped normal completion of the task, that would be a different matter.
    Mazame, Duder and Rolaque like this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Conq knows.
  7. Evurkvest Augur

Thats fine, makes the mission easier anyway when your just plowing through it for currency. However i think mercs should not be a valid target for the emote in the first place.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

Mercs are supposed to act like players. Based on current rogue merc dps numbers, barely breathing players. A barely breathing player failing an emote does not surprise me.
    Silvena likes this.
  9. Mazame Augur

I think they should. After all it encourages people to fill the spot with a real healer over a merc.

The merc get the emote just be grateful that they don't die from it like players do. Otherwise you would trying to find a way to res your healer.

a failed cheese is not a big deal IMO. You can get a live healer for the 1 run you need to do for the cheese.
    Bigstomp and Duder like this.
  10. Allayna Augur

The obvious fix to me would to be to change the achievement for this to <individual> vs <group> as many other achievements are personal achievements.

[IMG]
  11. smash Augur

There no reason for a fix, and it is said no fix planned. Just get a group of real players
  12. Disapointed Lorekeeper

Just burn at the start, and pop mercs once he and all his friends port up top.. win/win