Test Update 09/08/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 8, 2020.

1. jeskola pheerie

He acts like servers unlocking GOD happens frequently. The next GOD unlock isn't until October 2021, and that one can be scheduled to coincide with that month's patch day.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

That's probably part of his point as well, the dev team would be busy with something else and forget and someone would transfer something to Agnarr they shouldn't.
  3. Asyamura New Member

I would like to know when this patch is going to be available because I havent played on Coirnav for over 8months and would like to Xfer out of it so I can play on a server with more people in it. Thanks
  4. jeskola pheerie

Do you really think "oh i forgot because that only happens once a year" is a viable excuse in the workplace? Scheduling out tasks is a normal workplace function.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It should go live with the monthly game update which shows on the in game calendar in local time:

EQ Button
    Alerts
    Event Calendar
    Wednesday 16th September (best estimate - may vary)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

As per Ngreth's conversation on the topic it isn't something they can currently make an automated process, the devs would need to add it to the list, that involves server downs or carrying out that action during a patch day when the servers are taken down for the patch anyway.

But it would logically follow that once Aradune passes Agnarr in progress - i.e. it unlocks Gates of Discord on September 15 2021, that Agnarr would be allowed to transfer to it so long as the list was updated, while that probably will coincide with patch day it is very far away so there's no guarantee it will coincide with patch day so there might possibly be a delay involved.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

So to phinny? You already can transfer to any live server and phinny appears to be the only server that Coirnav can transfer to (and no server is transferring into Coirnav). Also there is no indication that I've seen that this will be free. As for when, the live patch is next Wednesday, so assuming nothing changes it will be available then.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

That was their reason stated, it can't be automated and requires human intervention and a server outage so they've (so far) opted to not do that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  9. Alask New Member

The bigger question is why cannot I not take my Agnarr character to Mangler? Both Truebox, both have DZ's. I get the it might lower its population, but I dont play on Agnarr anymore so why not make the money off me moving my character over to mangler? The people that love Agnarr will stay /shrug.
  10. NinjutsuMMO Augur

If they don't want money from people wanting to partake in the first year or so of the new TLP's then wanting to park their characters on Agnarr after i just hope they at least make a Agnarr 2.0 TLP that merges into Agnarr after.

Agnarr is very fun at high end but like any server out there it can be difficult to do raid content for the early expansions or quests and being able to be in era with 500-1000 people is very enjoyable not to mention being able to acquire some of the early items that no longer drop or being able to do sleepers tomb for example.

i was really excited when i read they were doing a new pop locked TLP server but i guess all the complaints shut that down fast and now they aren't even allowing anything to promote Agnarr rather letting people leave it as the only sort of option.

Agnarr like Coirnav seems to be a issue where the game developers decided to make servers and not care about the long term health or viability of the player-base there rather how they can make some fast station cash money or sell kronos and now that they have bled that dry their on to the next money making scheme.

seems like any future TLP server could end up being merged into some other server way ahead of that servers current expansion alienating those who get merged or just simple left to rot away slowly.
  11. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Would love to move my characters from Agnaar to Mangler. Get this done.
  12. Celephane Augur

I think you are missing something here. An agent can be a scholar (2), for example, but have none of the highlight benefits and it still adds to the mission, just less so that others might. These agents will still show up, it's the ones with no benefits at all that won't show, they do nothing if you use them.
  13. Drewie Augur

Well they still can fill a slot that would otherwise prevent me from getting that specific quest, which is a benefit to me even if they don't increase the overall success chance.
  14. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

All quests, other than conversion quests, have at least the top slot that can only be filled by an agent with that job type (+ a minimum rank as well, after the low level quests). Job slots that can be filled by an agent without any rank in that job type at all don't need to be filled with any agent in order to start the quest, I believe.
  15. niente Developer

I might be misunderstanding this based on some of the other posts here.
    If there is an agent you can assign to a quest that gives 0% success bonus, let us know which agent/quest it is.
    If there are no matching traits, if it's still showing up, it should be because the job matches and it should give a small success bonus when in the quest slot.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

any way to copy overseer to test?

Tried to test this yesterday but it wants me to do the tutorial again.

Not sure i like the change to the order. I've got used to where in the list the agents I want to use are. Don't always want to use the best agent in the list as that agent is required to have extra stats later in the same quest.
  17. Deathstroke Journeyman

Ragefire is currently in SoD. Besides no agents of change it just uses voting to unlock besides time based. Can transfers from rizlona/aradune/mangler etc be considered?
  18. Asyamura New Member

Good this will be a good reason for me to come back to EQ, I was tired 8months back of being on coirnav with only 2 3 guilds doing stuff. I canmanage the slow exp with a good community but if the community is nonexistent then i rather go away from that server or just quit.
    I got to lvl50 with 2 boxes, but then i got bored and dont wanna redo classic all over again
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Windance Augur

This is an amazingly helpful patch for overseer and really takes the OMG level of effort to match up the agents. HUGE thank you.
  20. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Now they just need to make Overseer go with you when you transfer from one server to another. Spending a bunch of money on it then not being able to keep your agents and progress when you transfer to another server is pretty irritating to put it mildly.
    Thoxsel and Skuz like this.