Loot Policy

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Blackrooster, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Blackrooster New Member

Hello!

Our raid leader on Rizlona delegated out loot handling to another member of our raid last week for a final cleric epic fight to kill Z Ragefire in Skyfire.

The master looter accidentally clicked the wrong name, giving the option to loot the heart to a non-cleric. The person clicked accept (again not intentionally) as some sort of automatic reaction.

This blocked our cleric from completing the epic, and now requires them to redo a majority of the quest. Daybreak says it is not their job to fix loot. We feel this is a very simple solution. Over the years i've seen issues like this resolved, but daybreak is had a strongarm saying they will not move the item from one character to another despite them being at the same raid, and this being a simple misunderstanding.

Has anyone else had this kind of issue come up? We're wondering if we are alone here.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Yes, they won't fix it.
  3. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

Yeah, I had my epic eaten by an npc in ranger epic bug out due to a druid despawning the mob, and Daybreak said tough luck..

Pretty frustrating but not much can be done
  4. Blackrooster New Member

The company has changed a bit. I have been a part of events over the years where pieces were restored. I feel loot 2.0 is a way to justify inaction from Daybreak.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You can try asking politely, but chances are slim to none, GM's generally don't fix loot errors like this, have seen a couple of mistakes happen on raids the past couple years & while one was fixed by the GM I think that was down to the fact we had been suffereing some major lag issues that day & that was the main factor in the loot problem happening the later ones the GM said no to so we just handed it to the player that should have had the item the next time we did that raid at the DKP price they bid the last time.
  6. KermittheFroglok Augur

Well, exactly that's in part why they did it. Before everyone was kind of on the honor system to behave. Now there's a system where you just need to trust the master looter, so they feel less inclined to help out when it's clearly user error.

Not saying it's right but the inconvenient reality is they probably can't afford to have the GMs fixing those issues anymore given how bad the botting has gotten. They're also probably less willing to help fix "mistakes" because of how peopled abused GM help in the past. GM's giving players the benefit of the doubt and trying to be well intentioned with "corrective" server transfers is one of the reasons the Ragefire & Lockjaw's economies blew up...

Hop to time 7:40.

I feel kind of bad though because I feel like I'm blaming our community to some extent for them not being able to help us. I admit I am in a round about way saying that, but I'm really directing it broadly to the unethical players, not all of us.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.