Wizard Epic Fix

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Galaras, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Galaras Lorekeeper

They changed the Necro Epic 2.0, maybe the wizard epic is next!
    Talimat likes this.
  2. TLP Addict Augur

Keep in mind that the Enraged Golem is now loot locked to the person that did the turn in for 30 minutes even if you die after turn in.

If it's a reasonable hour and you can't get 1 or 2 groups together to kill it within 30 minutes then you either need to find a new guild or accept that you won't be seeing your epic for a few months.
  3. Healiez Augur

The loot lock is nice, but isnt the underlying problem. Its more the long as hell spawn time.

All the loot lock does is prevent someone kill stealing, and honestly if 9 people are trying to turn in its not the biggest deal cause its not exactly hard to get another oil/gear ot whatever activates him. Actually in that situation I almost feel it should be ffa, not just auto yours cause you hit trade faater.

The loot lockout was mainly because of zordak in skyfire. I know it happened on mangler and on selos there was a guild of complete asshats that would ks your ragefire and then demand a krono ransom for it, otherwise they would destroy the piece and you had to farm the shards again. At least thats when I really saw the issue brought to light on the forums.
  4. Galaras Lorekeeper

Yeah, the loot lock out isn't the issue. The loot lock out actually complicates things because it now becomes an issue of which person of the 10-15 wizards can do/macro the turn in fastest.
  5. Gheed Is not reading your response

Wizard and Enchanter epic both need to be looked at. Good post OP
    Talimat, wade_watts and Duder like this.
  6. Galaras Lorekeeper

Well, despite our posts it appears that DPG doesn't want to do anything about this issue. As evidenced by this thread filled with many TEQ Wizards, we recognize and desire that DPG will eventually do something about this situation so it won't continue to be the toxic mess that it is.

That being said, I did get my epic and want to thank my guild for their dedication to ensuring that their wizards are provided for. I've played on many top guilds on previous servers and while every top guild is labeled "toxic" (try finding one that wasn't) TEQ has genuinely been the best at providing and taking care of its members. If you're interested in pursuing your Wizard Epic or seeing more of EQ, it's a great place to be.
  7. Bullsnooze Augur

In short - you want to change the Broken Golem Spawn because your guild is the cause of its problems on Aradune? Moreover other past TLP guilds with like-minded characterics are also to blame? Here's something to consider: Why not stop doing whatever it is your guild is doing and maybe (just maybe) the Broken Golem problem will go away and no developer intervention would be needed?

1-3 Day Spawn timer > Hand in Item > Trigger Mob Spawns | This trigger mob is then kited/trained around Fear by your guild which is to exploit the loot-lock functionality? Am-I-Rite?
    Talimat and shintox like this.
  8. TheGoblin Elder

Nice recruitment post added in - Join us if you want your epic, because we won't let anyone else have it, even if you spawn it yourself.
    Talimat and shintox like this.
  9. Galaras Lorekeeper

It sounds like you're misunderstanding the problem. There will be 45'ish Wizard epics created in Kunark. There are easily 200+ wizards capable and with competent guilds that could complete the epic if it was adjusted. The current situation is just fallout/causality of the poorly implemented current system. The current implementation of the epic is what encourages the behavior seen by people attempting the epic.

As an aside, there's also only a very small window for which a competition for the golem actually exists (4-6 hours US prime time) and the drama occurs. Most of our epics have been attained in the hours when we're the only guild that could or would muster a raid force to complete this epic.
  10. Bullsnooze Augur

Between posts on this forum and messages on the official discord, the behavior you speak of seems to stem solely from your guild though, but of course correct me if I'm wrong. Are you saying if your guild were to stop another would just do the same thing because the implementation encourages the behavior in everyone? (I don't think I believe that)!

With all that, and with a progression stance in mind it sounds to me like the enraged golem just needs to be either:

1 - Permanently loot locked to whomever was lucky enough to hand in the sprocket

or

2 - Disabled the Quest Golem from despawning

or

3 - Greatly reduce the spawn timer if its kept in open world.

(I assume the above has already been suggested in a handful of posts and since this is still a problem Dark Paw is likely 'unresponsive', and folks think they don't care?) :)
    Talimat likes this.
  11. wade_watts Augur

The fact that some of these epics aren't wildly useful beyond Kunark era should be an argument in support of making these QOL changes. Let people re-live the game and pursue relevant content in-era. Aradune is frankly the best TLP that DPG has produced because of the ruleset and the culmination of QOL changes learned throughout other TLP's.

There are a few glaring issues here that seem to have numerous "easy" fixes. Acting like the problems don't exist doesn't help anyone. Folks get burned out in Kunark pretty easily with these types of inane bottlenecks (epics and some VP camps). Sitting on your thumb for 2 days then sitting online for 8 hours watching for a spawn and then hoping to DPS race a mob harder than 20 other people isn't really engaging or fun gameplay. If you want to bottleneck certain content, it would be nice to at least make it difficulty-based and not a pure timesink.

At any rate. +1 - Please DPG, make some QOL changes to Broken Golem, Verina/Vessel/Wraith, and whatever makes sense on the SK side. Aradune is amazing in almost all ways other than this.
    Talimat likes this.
  12. Talimat Elder

That's a good point, but i'd rather an easy epic than an epic that is extremely unlikely of getting completed. It's still a milestone, and very useful to assist with raiding, especially for smaller more casual guilds.
  13. Talimat Elder

You clearly havn't been paying attention to what's happening on the servers. People are taking 5 groups in and getting the whole zone dumped on them by guilds who train them.
  14. Talimat Elder

I completely understand the problem, and while the current situation could be resolved and easier to manage with a better implemented and more fair system, it is also being compounded a hundred fold by the extremely toxic behavior of the guild in question.
  15. TLP Addict Augur

Maybe it's you that hasn't been paying attention, Mediumcore took a competent force and was able to prevail despite TEB shenanigans thus reinforcing my point. The video has been posted for anyone that chooses to review it.

Looks like you could learn a lot from it.
    Galaras likes this.
  16. Trubles New Member

If it takes 5 groups of players to do what 2 groups does, those 5 groups should dissolve their guild.

MediumCore absolutely deserved the heck out of that epic.

Plus, I had the chance to talk to PlayStation. Cool guy and glad he got it.

The issue is the Wizard epic remains terribly unobtainable unless you're able to assemble a force to clear fear after the golem has been popped.

Not even Euro guilds are up when the BG hand-in happens most of the time (he spawned at the end of the US prime time for MediumCore's).

Make Golem spawn in DZ.
    Make Verina Tomb 12 hours.
    Make Vessel 12 hours.
    Make Duriek 6 hours.
    Make Marl spawned from Lhranc, hand-in locked.

It's a list of stuff that DPG won't do though.
    Galaras likes this.
  17. Moonguider New Member

Can this please get fixed? I mean, what's happening on Aradune is bad enough. Even on Rizlona though it sucks to sit and wait for a spawn for hours and hours only to watch an 18 box+ roll in and grab it while you were trying to muster a force in vain.
  18. Grump New Member

It would be nice to see long epic spawns and key quests taken a look at. Despite DBG ignoring this type of thread year after year, it would be nice for them to spend the time and finally adjust these quests. There’s only a handful that remain.
  19. Bullsnooze Augur

Dark Paw not replying in several (hundred) of the same threads doesn't mean they are ignoring the issue at large. It probably isn't a priority for them at the time.

The quest isn't broken, you just have knuckleheads making it difficult for others.