TBL: Winding Ways - Don't Trip

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Windance Augur

Anyone done this recently? Still bugged?

Did this today and I'm sure no one fell into center but didn't get achievement.

Any advise ?
  2. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Did this within the last 3 weeks or so. Yes its still bugged but its not impossible.

Things I can advise

• Walk don't run
    • Limit your number of jumps on teleport pads by zoning out and coming back in via gate or a campfire or hopper lamp instead of going back to start after each mini
    • No lev
    • No illusions
    • Any falling damage whatsoever will trigger a failure so even taking on point of falling damage as you run down one of the ramps is too much (hug the walls and sort of slide down the ramps.
    Hope this helps.
  3. Windance Augur

Wow that is kind of a BS mechanic given how easy it is to take damage from getting kicked around the fling-a-ports.

Maybe need to run with some form of runes.
  4. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Forgot to add that maybe limiting the number of players who has to do this perfectly would be advisable too.

We literally did this with a warrior tanking and a shaman (me) healer and had 4 people in the task sitting in Stratos waiting.

Took a while no doubt.
  5. Yendar Augur

Much easier to do solo.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The "Falling damage" is coincidental because I cannot detect it. The detection that achievement does is that the game thinks you fell down the center.

It does seem that server lag is making that detection problematic. And perhaps the "falling damage" is indicative of the server and client disagreeing on how far you went and fell.

Unfortunately, there is no other method to detect if you fell.
  7. smash Augur

Do a 50% damage to people, if people get hit by it, they fail
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

to detect when to do that damage is the same detect trigger used to see if they fall, that is for some reason triggering when there is lag. I.E. the client or server thinks they fell, but then later realizes they didn't putting the players in the correct spot. And no. I also cannot change the order of the detection.
  9. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Going to flat out say that I know nothing about software, computers, programming or anything like that. I can barely sign into EQ properly.

I guess when I envisioned how this achievement was originally supposed to work is you failed after you ported back to start from falling in the center not a failure mid-fall. It wasn't the falling distance or anything like that. Oh you popped back to start - FAIL.
  10. Wijimoto Journeyman

Click on the pads to move around rather than stepping on them. One person at a time, wait your turn.
  11. Thunderkiks Augur

I did this yesterday. First run I totally goofed and fell off. Kicked it and started over. Then the next 4 runs, getting to the first boss, I landed and then got flung off. Nothing I did to make this happen. It just did it. I was so frustrated that the 4th time I said forget it and just did the trial. Finished up and got the achievement.

/boggle

Now the appointments required run seams bugged. I have done these trials a few times recently for alts of mine and haven't gotten that achievement. I did all the bosses in the right order. I never got booted out of any of them. Now I'm wondering if that bump that made me fall through was actually the one for the aura. I didn't move from where it ported me out. It was the room with the fire boss. It lands you right by the portal to click and I didn't move at all when I landed. Just got booted away.
    svann likes this.
  12. Allayna Augur

Since it has been established that a server/client mismatch or disagreement on position can occur secondary to lag, and can cause a failure such as seen in this mission's achievements.

Can we actually look at the client/server mismatch on distance related to lag for the Sleeper raid in Eastern Wastes? The one that causes instant death due to the disagreement of the distance between the player and the golem initiating a direct damage that is distance based?

A forum dev closed that specific bug thread as "not a bug", but it clearly is when distance disagreements happen between the client and server.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Your experience is exactly what would happen to one of my toons.

I would click a pad, get flung across, and (without touching the keyboard or mouse) I would land and immediately get flung away. Only, I didn't just fall and get ported back to the start, it would kill that character.

Every. Single. Freaking. Time.

This only started happening after several months into the expansion, and it happened every time I tried to do this trial. I stopped doing it with that toon for that reason.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  14. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Seems quite a few of the "anti-kite" mechanics in ToV bug out horribly (or were just badly designed). Vindi adds rooting themselves, GD named/adds casting their roots immediately on agro, etc.
    Duder likes this.
  15. Nniki Augur

Huntmaster Grondo is the one that does it immediately. I actually reported it with the group mission shortly after launch. Same thing happens with the raid version though.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  16. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

This... 1000000% times this.

(sorry for hijacking the thread... I hate this winding ways achievement, too... I had to do the kills molo with my SK while the other toons sat in Stratos because of this bs tomfoolery).
  17. Windance Augur

When you fall down the center I get a red system message:

"You may not enter this area because it already contains the maximum number of players" and ports the character to back to either Zin or Zout.

Other fun facts. Sometimes when you land you bounce into the room of one of the 4 bosses. If it happens to be the wrong one you get booted out of the room and fail. No way to avoid it.
  18. Sissruukk Rogue One

One other thing, not sure if this was mentioned, was to go one at a time on the punt-a-ports, and wait about 5-10 seconds between each person so that the previous person has time to move out of the landing area.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Did this on AB today without any problems, but AB was lag free not like it was last year when this was current we had lots of fails then. We didn't expect to get it jsut did the mission as a few alts needed the win.

Lag is the devil.