Seems like Mangler is holding population...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nodontcarekkthxbye, Sep 9, 2020.

1. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

...better then any other TLP at this point. Am I wrong? I would love to be able to play a server that actually holds population past PoP.

So, hows it looking?

Anyway to raise a character up, would I need to raise a solo class?

They should really think about selling a boost token on TLPs once they get to a certain level, so people can play on those servers, and keep the population up.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Phinny progress had 19 guilds in OoW, Mangler progress shows 13. They aren't always 100% accurate but thats about all we got. Conversely Coirnav had 7 showing and Agnarr never got OoW so Mangler is the best in a few years at the very least.
  3. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Preciate that.
  4. Dragnet Sleuth Elder

The real test will be when the COVID is over and society gets back to normal.
  5. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Well that wont be till next summer, maybe late spring.

Hopefully everyones too invested in characters to want to leave them.
  6. Mandalore93 Elder

Mangler was probably the big winner out of Aradune's launch problems. Honestly given those problems the fact Aradune is so healthy is startling.
  7. Xhartor Augur

The population on Mangler is top heavy. So I expect to have a hard time finding groups to level.
    Next week we are going to have a patch that allows characters to transfer from Aradune to Mangler.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...9-08-2020-patch-notes-and-discussions.270091/

So I would recommend playing on Aradune, where pug groups are available, then once you are 60 transfer to Mangler. You will need to upgrade your gear after transfering.
    Tymeless likes this.
  8. jeskola pheerie

They did not say server transfers are free.
  9. Tymeless Augur

having played on both Phinny and Mangler at this point. I would say both servers are about equal in population at this point. I want to say Mangler has more guilds that aren't updating on mangler progress than Phinny had not updating but even then I don't think it matters they are both are/were healthy servers at this point. Lets see what DoN and PoR do to the server Population though before we can determine which server is healthier.
    Starr and Skuz like this.
  10. Fizon Augur

Less guilds reporting kills yeah after everyones however many tlps and since everything is instanced no one cares anymore. Also at least two of those guilds are still quite large zergs so guilds = pop is a bit skewed.

Manglers pop is holding strong. I'm optimistically hopeful for the next few expansions
  11. Roxas MM Augur

check back after PoR though, that's the expansion that hurts the most.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Regardless of whether Phinigel had more guilds or more players on the server at the point Mangler is at it is definitely good to see that Mangler is still healthy.

I will be interested to see what Mangler's retention rate vs Phinigel's looks like as it moves forward beyond the drag that is the 70 era, as others have said, as it is quite close to Phinigel in many respects.

Seeing how Aradune fares over time will be even more interesting with the 2x truebox limit, as will it be to see how Rizlona holds up.

I'm expecting Aradune to have worse retention than either Mangler or Rizlona and for Rizlona to have better retention long-haul than either Mangler or Phinigel - but only time will tell.
    Bullsnooze and Tweakfour17 like this.
  13. Ayoheee Augur

Mangler is in a very similar spot to where Phinny was in OOW, yes.
  14. Ayoheee Augur

You expect > 3 guilds to beat TBM on Rizlona?! C'mon. Zero chance > 3 guilds beat SoF.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

Depending on how they treat mature tlp with Truebox I wouldn't be surprised to see people who quit because everyone else did from Coirnav / Mangler / Phinny jump back in when Riz gets to a point they left at since its non truebox. Will it be a booming server? Unlikely but by allowing anyone to play as many as they want w/o junk laptops cluttering everything up there is a high potential for way less attrition at the very least.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Only have to see how long Ragefire has held onto its players to know that no-truebox is a big boost to player retention.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

Tough to say, Phinny has held on decently too, it's got the same amount of guilds as Selo which launched 3 years later. But that's a tough one to compare also. Agnarr and Coirnav didn't hang onto their players long term, but that could be their own specific circumstances too (pop lock, slow Xp to start along with coming too soon). Rizlona is definitely one to watch though and will be interesting to compare it to Aradune post pop/post tlp 2021.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Karanthal Augur

The 2 European guilds are missing from mangler progress (Knightmare and Europa). Pretty sure I've seen a few bloodthirst tags around still, not sure if they are still raiding, I don't pay that much attention to other guilds.

Long term I would prefer not to run multiple machines to play my 6 accounts so I see the appeal of rizlona.