AA Experience Reduction For A Warrior

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Gaylon, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Gaylon New Member

I told to come here and state my case. Therefore, I will do just that.

I filled out a /petition ticket concerning this issue and received an unacceptable response.

I am a 115 Wood Elf Warrior. I almost solely group with my brother, who is a 115 Wood Elf Ranger. His ranger has nearly 5,000 more AA than I do. I stress... nearly 5,000 more AA than I do. The following has been tested on multiple occasions and in multiple zones over the course of the past few weeks.

I get about 25% of the experience on AA that the ranger gets.

If the ranger gets 90% on AA, my warrior gets about 22%.

If the ranger gets 37% on AA, my warrior gets about 9%.

The GM implied that it may be a race or class reduction (aka punishment). Obviously, it is not a race issue, as we are both Wood Elves. So, do other warriors get a 75% reduction in AA experience?

F.Y.I. We are not in a fellowship and do not share XP. Both of us have our AA Experience set at 100%.

I love my warrior, but a 75% AA Experience punishment is ridiculous.
  2. The real Sandaormo Augur

To combat this, you get way fewer AA's till your max than your Ranger friend!
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

Is the ranger always/primarily pulling? If so, try it the other way to see what your results are. The zone(s) this is happening is also important to note (we might expect this behavior in non-current content, due to a longstanding bug).
    Ezbro, Gaylon and Szilent like this.
  4. Gaylon New Member

The real Sandaormo Elder: That sounds like a logical answer. However, I was told by dozens of players in-game over the past few weeks that there is no AA experience reduction based on class. Not a single player stated that there was any kind of AA experience reduction based on class. I was told by the GM that they are not "privy" to that information. How can you be a GM and not be "privy" to the information that warriors receive a 75% AA experience reduction? Weird. No warrior I have spoken to in-game knows anything about this AA experience punishment, or I'm just talking to the wrong warriors. Hmmm!
  5. Riou EQResource

Sounds like you are playing in zones that have EXP reduction applied and your Brother (Ranger) is pulling mobs and bypassing the EXP reduction (Bug)
    Skuz, Gaylon and Nennius like this.
  6. Gaylon New Member

RIOU & QBERT - You are a genius. Just went and tested it. You were right. When I pull, I get his former XP and he gets mine.

Time for that ranger to pay for hogging all that XP... LOL!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
  7. Valdest Journeyman

So what zones have the experience reduction applied?