Not A Bug Death touch as an anti-kite mechanic

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Lianeb, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Calatank New Member

This definitely seems to be firing more often than usual. I got DT'd on every wave except for two.
    We do the whole raid on the platform, except for custodian. I never left the platform. Got DT'd multiple times even when the Sentries were on the platform. Once a tank went down multiple healers would go down.
    I've done this raid countless times the same way and most attempts are with no deaths. Lately its been a lot more DTs.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

This is a horribly laggy event. One tank dies who was trying to deal with the mob, then 5 healers who did some sort of heal insta-die.

I will not argue that the mechanic is working as designed but I feel it is not working as intended.

One tanking dieing who had aggro on the relevant mob (died due to damage, not trying to kite) should not DT 6+ people. The other people are not attempting to kite. They are attempting to do other jobs.

We can't even have other tanks pick it up because the lag in the servers is so bad it just bounces around where it wants.
    Allayna and Duder like this.
  3. Raccoo Augur

I assume the lag on this event is due to the zone wide AE/push. I think it is similar to what we saw in Mearatas because of the zone wide AEs there. In this event, it seems to be unnecessary to have an AE to keep people inside the area, because everything is happening there anyway? Couldn't just leash servant to the area you want us to fight?
    Scornfire likes this.
  4. svann Augur

Probably DT should be on a 6 second cooldown timer like summons are.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

How is it not a bug?

The mob emotes about running away not being ok and instantly DTs people. The mechanic isn't supposed to instantly DT anyone that happens to have cast a group buff or healed someone he cast a group buff or whatever, so every time there is lag WHICH CAUSES THIS MOB TO STAND STILL AND DO NOTHING BUT DT PEOPLE, the event no longer functions as intended.

You really need to play these events before messing with them. We had WAY more deaths after whatever you did to it.

Also, how is "waiting" for them to come to the raid an option? Its like you don't understand what aggro is or how it functions. You know what you just told people? "Stand there are have 5-20 people die". The mob won't run to the raid until it has aggro on someone via assisting the boss. The moment it does and that person is X units away, then get DTed. The moment they jumped onto that aggro list, if they did anything to transfer aggro to anyone, that person is DTed. If no one gained social aggro from that dead player, the sentry then again assists on the dragon again and another random person is dead.

I guess players will continue to just run up and engage them at their spawn point, as it is the only way it works without killing a bunch of people with the regular lag we now experience. Seriously though, telling players to "wait until they come to the raid" lol. That's comedy gold.
  6. Allayna Augur

Splash, valiant, group heals, ae type healing aggros and leads to DTs, whether in melee range or not.

For example:

Scenario 1, main tank with primary healer hitting an AE heal:

[Sun Aug 30 17:12:50 2020] Lenn healed Elkar for 65792 (136949) hit points by Sincere Remedy Rk. III. (Lucky Critical)
    [Sun Aug 30 17:12:50 2020] Elkar hit Servant of the Sleeper for 3361 points of magic damage by Precise Discord III. (Lucky Critical)

(aka cleric heals main tank)

[Sun Aug 30 17:12:50 2020] Lenn healed Elkar for 0 (9425) hit points by Hand of Holy Wrath VII Recourse. (Critical)
    [Sun Aug 30 17:12:50 2020] Lenn healed Elkar for 0 (25002) hit points by Holy Soothing. (Lucky Critical)
    [Sun Aug 30 17:12:50 2020] Lenn healed Elkar for 0 (524) hit points by Brell's Sacred Soothing Wave.

[Sun Aug 30 17:12:50 2020] Lenn healed Drags over time for 0 (15000) hit points by Celestial Regeneration XXXVI.

AE AA heal

[Sun Aug 30 17:12:50 2020] a velium sentry hit Lenn for 716689 points of poison damage by Living Ice Shard.
    [Sun Aug 30 17:12:50 2020] Lenn is struck a shard of ice.
    [Sun Aug 30 17:12:50 2020] Lenn has been slain by a velium sentry!

Scenario 2 - Shaman casting a rain group heal.

[Sun Aug 16 20:04:53 2020] Blakn begins casting Zrelik's Recourse Rk. III.
    [Sun Aug 16 20:04:53 2020] Blakn healed himself for 143062 hit points by Touch of the Divine. (Critical)
    [Sun Aug 16 20:04:53 2020] Blakn's death pact has been benevolently fulfilled!
    [Sun Aug 16 20:04:53 2020] a velium sentry hit Blakn for 718061 points of poison damage by Living Ice Shard.

Scenario 3 - Paladin in range and doing melee damage but killed to server lag:

[Sun Aug 02 17:04:33 2020] Odiiusx tries to crush a velium sentry, but misses!
    [Sun Aug 02 17:04:33 2020] Odiiusx healed himself for 0 (37109) hit points.
    [Sun Aug 02 17:04:33 2020] Odiiusx crushes a velium sentry for 74218 points of damage. (Lucky Critical)

Clearly in melee range.

[Sun Aug 02 17:04:34 2020] a velium sentry hit Odiiusx for 749457 points of poison damage by Living Ice Shard.
    [Sun Aug 02 17:04:34 2020] Odiiusx is struck a shard of ice.
    [Sun Aug 02 17:04:34 2020] Odiiusx has been slain by a velium sentry!

Our last cycle of sleeper:

08/30/20 05:12:50 PMa velium sentry hit Pluralist (cleric) for 786724 points of poison damage by Living Ice Shard.
    08/30/20 05:12:50 PMa velium sentry hit Lenn (cleric) for 716689 points of poison damage by Living Ice Shard.
    08/30/20 05:13:05 PMa velium sentry hit Zaray (enchanter) for 777422 points of poison damage by Living Ice Shard.
    08/30/20 05:13:08 PMa velium sentry hit you (paladin) for 238948 points of poison damage by Living Ice Shard.
    08/30/20 05:24:25 PMa velium sentry hit Lenn (cleric) for 793435 points of poison damage by Living Ice Shard.
    08/30/20 05:24:25 PMa velium sentry hit Novastars (berserker) for 848838 points of poison damage by Living Ice Shard.

I can appreciate that you cannot reproduce this in a vacuum, so we cordially invite you to join us on a Sunday night, prime time, to see first hand the true issue with this bugged (aka not working how you intended it) mechanic.

Thank you.
    Bigstomp, svann and Duder like this.
  7. Duder Augur

Great summary, thank you. This exactly the issue I think we all are seeing. Clearly no kiting yet lots of death touching. This can't be how it was intended to function.
    Funky and Allayna like this.
  8. Raccoo Augur

I thought what Ngreth spoke of changing in his earlier post, wouldn't make it to live until next patch. However it seems people are already giving feedback?
  9. Duder Augur

There is no indication of whether he is speaking of a past change or an upcoming change. I read it as that he had already changed that in the past when it was a concern before.
  10. Ratalthor Developer

Since this is not a bug, I need to resolve this thread.

If you have feedback for the game, please post it in an appropriate discussion forum.