HOT Zone quest (level 25) and character class (New Player here)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Boudacca, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Boudacca New Member

New Player here, I did not do the EQ thing when it came out, played DAoC, WOW, etc. for many years. So new to EQ, but not new to gaming. Most importantly, I am having a blast so far.

I started the HOT Zone quests, and the Level 25 one is stumping me. It requires me to kill "Highlor Kobolds" in Stonebrunt Mountains. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find These buggers anywhere. Allakazam has nothing on them either... Help!!!

Oh, currently playing a Level 25 Mage. I would like to Play a class which eventually will also make it easier to get into Groups at higher Level. I have played melee, hybrid and casters in other games in the past, and enjoyed that. I loved the Druid in WOW (because of ist versatility) and the Skald in DAoC, to give you a reference of what type of character I enjoy playing most. What could you recommend here for me? I really would value the imput of some more experienced Players.

Thank you,

B.
  2. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Assuming the quest requires Highland Kobolds, those camps are in the far north of the zone I believe.

If you love versatility, druids are a good choice here as well. They are a combination of a cleric and a wizard, but also have tons of utility spells like root, snare, powerful attack, armor, fire and cold resist debuffs. However the mage you have now is a powerful class, capable of doing well solo or in groups, so not trying to persuade you to change or anything.

Grouping at higher levels is a tricky beast. I find that largely the players that actually want to group with other players don't really care what your class is, unless for example they only have 1 spot left and NEED a tank. Everquest is a social game, so it makes sense that being social is what gets you rewarded. The most important thing is to be friendly and outgoing when it comes to grouping.
    moogs likes this.
  3. Gundolin Augur

For finding where mobs spawn in the older zones I like Magelo.

On the map above they show 'a highland kobold' in the Stonebrunt Mountains being more concentrated around the Northwestern portion of the zone.
    http://eq.magelo.com/npc/95721

It may take a few minutes to understand how to navigate. But basically go to Magelo, and then click on 'Zones" down on the left hand side, find the zone you are looking for, and then click on the individual monster you are looking for. If you are searching for a mob in a zone and can't find it anyplace this is my usual path.
    Borek-VS and Raptorjesus5 like this.
  4. Ginwean New Member

I've been killing the Highland Kobolds for an hour and no quest update. Anyone else have better luck on this or is this quest broken?
  5. Kutsuu Augur

Both of those are sorta hybrid melee classes, so I would recommend a Beastlord or a Ranger. Both have tons of utility/versatility and do top notch DPS. I personally prefer the Ranger over any single class if I had to pick just one.
  6. Captain Video Augur

There are no "Highlor Kobolds", it is undoubtedly a typo in the quest script. Consider the quest broken unless they hotfix an update. Those quests change every time they move around the hot zones, which is pretty much every monthly update.

EDIT: Note the similary of "HighlAND" and HighlOR". :)
  7. Faien New Member

As of 8 January, 2017 this is still broken.... I wish they would fix this
  8. Reshala New Member

As of March 28, 2018, this is STILL broken. It does say "HighLOR" and killing "HighLAND" Kobolds does NOT work. I just started playing a few days ago, was a longtime player back in 1999-2002 or so. Sad to see this. So, do they like, not fix anything anymore? Seems like a kinda important thing to ignore :(. I will try writing them and see if there's any response.
  9. Reshala New Member

NOTE: I submitted a ticket via the dgcissuetracker site. Hopefully it will be repaired :D
    moogs likes this.
  10. Nanan00 Journeyman

As of 10/07/2018 this is still broken and calls for highlor kobolds, I have killed nearly everything in the zone and no updates.
  11. KingKobra New Member

Still broken as of Nov. 14, 2019.
    highlor kobolds.
  12. Zaknafei New Member

2020, still broken
  13. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Should make a quick post in Bug Reports section of the forum so devs will see it. They probably won't look at this post.
    Barton likes this.
  14. Neltin New Member

As of June 7, 2020 this is still broken.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

See the post above yours.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  16. Nanilu Journeyman

As of June 7, 2020 this quest is still broken. The quest does call for 5 x Highlor Kobolds to be killed but there are none in the zone. The Highland Kobolds will not give you credit for your kills. Can't do this quest.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just think if 1 of you posted this in the bug report forum and then the rest of you clicked like on that post then it might get attention. But not happening if its buried here.
    Barton, Xyroff-cazic. and Nennius like this.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

But that would require logic, and they're still stuck on AND and OR ;)
    CatsPaws likes this.
  19. Captain Video Augur

Latest patch notes on Test say this is finally fixed!!