My Merc Keeps Healing Tash

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Lockdown, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Lockdown Elder

I didn't know how this kept happening, since I Tash every mob I charm, and refresh it after every charm break. I conclude that my Merc is casting some spell that causes Tash to be cleared when he heals my charmed pets. Is there a way to stop him from healing Tash?
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

A lot of heals have cure components, and tash will be cured regularly. The best way to avoid it is to do what I do and not use a merc when charming. You haven't explained the scenario(s) in which you are charming, so perhaps it is unavoidable in your case. I reverse charm and do not want my charm pet to be healed, so for me a merc doesn't make much sense.
  3. Hateseeker Augur

look at your merc messages to see which heal they are casting and block that spell. For example fervent renewal is a fast heal that includes a cure component, block that for your pet and they will use something else that doesn't cure tash.

Edit: block the spell on your pet, not yourself
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Hateseeker is correct here, charming with a merc healer is totally fine & viable so long as you block spells on your pet for merc heals that have cure components.
  5. Lockdown Elder

How do I block a spell on my pet that doesn't show up in the buff window? Or do all spells that cure Tash show up in the buff window?
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

7. Lockdown Elder

Thank you, everyone. I found the pet block buff window, and the spell my Merc was using to remove Tash. Conveniently, blocking a single spell that cures the disease and poison counter blocks the entire line, so I don't need to go through the entire list of Cleric spells and block each version of it.

And for the record, I don't use reverse charm. At least not at the moment. I'm leveling in Valdeholm and the mobs there summon.
  8. Daimos5 Journeyman

From what I've found, blocking a spell doesn't seem to block the entire line, just that single spell at that level. In general, your healer merc will only cast 4 or so spells total per level, so if you block one at a certain level, in a level or 2 there may be another that they begin using.

I block all the heal over time spells on my SK, as the merc casts them constantly when they're not ideal. Every couple levels I have to add additional spells and most are in the same line.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

The generic command for blocking a spell on any pet is /blocks add pet ######. I can't remember if the number is in the game but you can definitely get the numbers from Lucy.

The same hotkey is used to enable or disable the blocks. You shouldn't need to open the block window and click off the blocks. Just click the hotkey a second time.

There are a few lines which cure your tash. I block 8 spells in total when I charm with a merc. This stops the mercs from healing my charmed pet entirely and stops cleric and paladins from group curing tash.

Hotkey 1. This set does not cure and can be left active if you want your charm pet healed. Turn them off if you want your cleric to focus their attention on you, while reverse charming, or etc. Remember that if your cleric merc is casting a heal on your pet when charm breaks, it will not interrupt. It will continue the cast on your pet, potentially delaying the start of the cast needed to heal you.

Page7Button2Line1=/blocks add pet 55181 Merciful Light
    Page7Button2Line2=/blocks add pet 55208 Syllable of Mending
    Page7Button2Line3=/blocks add pet 55157 merciful elixir
    Page7Button2Line4=/blocks add pet 55272 mending splash

Hotkey 2. This set blocks cures and should be used anytime you are charming.

Page7Button7Line1=/blocks add pet 55275 Furial Renewal
    Page7Button7Line2=/blocks add pet 55299 word of greater restoration
    Page7Button7Line3=/blocks add pet 55083 expurgated blood
    Page7Button7Line4=/blocks add pet 49683 radient cure
    Page7Button7Line5=/blocks add pet 48573 group purify soul

There are some other spells involved in healing. The cleric intervention line, etc, but mercs don't cast intervention, as it would break mez.

The blocks should block the entire line. You should report it as a bug if it is not working properly.