Request: Add Agent of Change for Riftseeker Sanctum

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by A player, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Machen New Member

They are actual raids. They were designed to be raided. You have posted so much nonsense in this thread that it is starting to look like you are just trolling everyone. Since you haven't done these on Live in a while, maybe you should just stop posting about this--you very clearly don't have anything to contribute here.
    Xyroff-cazic. and Tweakfour17 like this.
  2. Machen New Member

Do you know anyone who has 2 grouped king or queen in era? These are not mini raids in era, they were designed around a full raid force.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You seem to be under the impression that this raid is somehow triggered rather than found in open world, which is exactly what the OP is asking to be changed. You've also repeatedly claimed a full raid contains 48 players. Are we even talking about the same game? You know this is an EverQuest forum right? Goodness.
  4. Captain Video Augur

I'm not the one complaining about how things work. Thread after thread demands that the devs stop what they're doing because this needs to be changed, or that needs to be changed, some entitlement or other. This particular topic comes up every expansion release on every TLP. Get a clue.

And I have no way of knowing if King or Queen were ever two-grouped in-era, but I don't see why not. The bombs are trivial as long as you have someone there who can snare them all. Taking down the three prince/princesses is harder than the royal boss. I don't think either one generates more than around 1500 DPS. Three half-decent healers staying on top of things, or two very good ones, should keep the tank up. If you don't coordinate and let all the adds pop, then yes, without a much larger force you can wipe. But that's how the game works: those who know the encounter's mechanics going in will fare much better than those who learn it by trial and error.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Please be gentle with "Captain Video" but take anything he says with a generous helping of salt rather than a pinch.
    I put him on my list of people who don't always know what they are talking about, as I think he tends to make stuff up as he goes along, some of it is actually impressively creative, now maybe he's losing his marbles or maybe he is actually just remembering stuff from a parallell universe the rest of us have never been to so it is real information but not from our reality.

Jokes aside, in-era the King/Queen was beaten with as few as 3 groups probably has been beaten since with fewer even during the OoW expansion on TLP being the current content, it is not tied to progression & while many earlier AoC were also for bosses that were not "progression" in the sense stuff from Gates of Discord onwards was the earlier raiding game was far less structured and progression as a concept wasn't really a part of the design back then, which is why the inconsistency exists.
  6. Captain Video Augur

On the whole I agree with this. I don't mind being described as the fool on here; my pro-dev stance is not the popular one to take on the forum. I do seem to be the only person posting in this thread who actually understands the mechanics of how these two fully-symmetrical encounters work. I'm not going to take seriously someone's claim that "they were designed as full raids" when I know perfectly well they weren't played as full raids in-era, and haven't been played as full raids on TLPs either. From my perspective, that's the argument. If the OP has just a little bit of patience, I'm sure he'll find King and Queen up in the zone and can then "experience the content" without any need for dev intervention.

Off topic: I'm also not convinced you can't get into Anguish without doing the flag quest, but I don't have a toon on Mangler to test it. If it has been reverted and the flag is required, I'm curious to know when that is supposed to unlock. (My understanding is that the "four expansions in the future" rule doesn't apply to zones which have a level check.)
  7. Loze Elder

You can be 85'd in if you meet the level requirements, but if you haven't done the signets, you're hosed. You can backflag with the item drops from the bosses, but still need the signets to overcome the zonewide.

As for your earlier points of being able to "request" King and Queen with 6, well, you can't as it's not instanced. But that's moot, because you CAN pop an instanced DZ raid with a group of 6. All of them. As far as whether it is an actual "raid event" or not, it doesn't matter. Phinny and Drusella are just 2 examples of instanced content that is groupable in era.
  8. Zipe The Healer

Hello,
    Anguish being open after X period of time or expansions have been subject of a longstanding bug that lasted almost 2 years.
    Technically it went open (Open meaning that it isn't requiring Signets) after 2 expansions, but then, after every expansion launch, it went into one month of being locked (locked meaning that it was requiring Signets again) behind flagging again.
    I think that this bug was fixed last or early this year so now Anguish shouldn't requiere the Signets to get in after X expansions have passed. I won't say the exact number because, really, after so many time it being bug I am actually confused now, but I would bet it's still 2 expansions after OoW
    What I can assure you is that Anguish, on Mangler, requieres Signets to get in right now.

That said, and back on topic. Wasn't it stated by devs that after PoP there wasn't going to be any AoC and if it was it would only be add up if it was needed for progression? So they added Progression AoCs in GoD for K'T and Matriarch in Natimbi (Wait, Natimbi AoC wasn't needed for progression at all, no?), AoC for Vule in DoDh and then they added an AoC for Theater of Blood and Relic in Arcstone when PoR was already 1 month in on Phinny.
    What else? I forgot and just curious. All I know is that RSS AoC is really unlikely and it rings me a bell that it have been said already by a dev, time ago, that nope, it isn't going to happen.

Anyhow, and now looking at past expansions. I wish you luck, Mangler, you just got into the 70' era. Hope you all survive it and get into Modern EQ next year, while still being healthy. The best of EQ has to offer will be ahead of you after you go out of the lvl 70 death-tunnel.

Good luck and have fun!

PD: Was really Queen and King killed with one group in era? I only remember people grouping the Dogs.... Well, I bet you can kill the Queen or King with 3 people if you somehow manage to cheese out the shards and adds.
    Captain Video and Skuz like this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Hop onto the next tlp if you wish & you'll see for yourself that Anguish will absolutely require signets on a TLP server for the entire duration of the Omens of War phase and for an expansion or two after it.

The mechanic for opening previously locked raid zones by level only has been long established on live servers and happens on TLP at much the same pace as it did previously on live servers.
  10. Captain Video Augur

The pace wasn't exactly changed for Anguish on Live, since the level requirement is only two below in-era cap. It's a different case than allowing people in at arbitrary lower levels than cap because it's 2-4 expansions later and the old content is now trivial. I believe those who have done this content recently and are saying the level check is turned off, but I still can't find where this is documented anywhere. No mention of the TLP restriction on Zam.

In any case, RS (the original subject of this thread) is not a raid zone, and has never had a flag. It has a level requirement of 69 which has been there all along, not something added in later on Live servers. If devs had originally intended RS to be treated as raid content, then it too would have been flagged.
  11. Aneuren Tempered Steel

This is the point, and one that was addressed for the Phinigel population as well. Given that there is very little reasoning evident in what content is given the DZ treatment on TLP servers, it is reasonable for the player base to ask for changes that make the TLP experience even better than it is. Or at least to conform the way in which ideas are applied across the board.

Non-progression AoC content (I am sure I will miss a few):
    Nagafen
    Vox
    Hate
    Fear
    Phinigel
    The Hole
    Howling Stones
    Skyfire
    Emerald Jungle
    Temple of Veeshan
    Sleeper's Tomb
    Arguably Khati Sha
    Vex Thal
    PoNightmares Cave Event
    Natimbi Cragbeast Matriarch
    Riwwi
    Yxtta Primals and Mindflayer

There's such a smattering of varying content it's hard to craft an all-encompassing rule for what content is instanced. There are a lot of raid targets, but not all of them are progression. I went back and forth with adding Sky to that list - internally it is progression, but it doesn't unlock other raid zone/content. After initially including them, I removed Kael, Skyshrine, and Velks, since you can get Sleeper's Tomb keys from them. All end-zone content is instanced. Some of these instances are single-group content. Some of these instances spawn epic mobs, while other epic mobs are left to toxicity.

Riftseekers Primals compare very favorably to at least a few of the targets on that list, especially vs Cragbeast Matriarch and Yxtta Primals, and seems way more deserving than Howling Stones. AoC servers' successes more than demonstrate the practicality and desirability in giving people access to as much raid (at the very least) content as possible.
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

LOL. This is incredible. You're right man. The thousands of players on Mangler just forgot to try clicking the door before we did all the flagging. Holy wow.
    Dragnet Sleuth, Skuz and Loze like this.
  13. Captain Video Augur

Thousands of players have done Anguish on Mangler? Less than two weeks into the expansion? There won't be thousands in the entire life of the server. Wow is right.
  14. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

There are thousands of players on the server, yes. If the flagging were not required, it seems pretty likely at least one of these thousands of players would have tried clicking the door on day one. Sorry you couldn't figure that out without further explanation, but I'm not particularly surprised.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. SoandsoForumUser Augur

I'd be more surprised if it wasn't in the 4 digits. My guild is hardly the largest and fairly laid back and we're around 60-70 anguish flagged. I'd guess there has to be at least 12-15 guilds anguish size or better. Hell I think I saw 4 or 5 world shaking anguish clears last night while exping.
    Skuz, Xyroff-cazic. and Tweakfour17 like this.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

I guess we can debate "in-era" as that topic came up in another thread re: 3 grouping Sev in Kunark. Since era = 12 weeks and alot can happen in 12 weeks its a pretty broad term. Can you 2-3 group RSS on Day 1 of OoW? Probably not? But Weeks 9-12 with a ton of anguish gear and 2.0s? Yes. I've seen 3 groups take them down easily. And if they can do it easily that means they could do it with less and have it be a bit more challenging.
    Skuz and Iyacc like this.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

The "all encompassing rule" started out as all raid content was instanced (Yael, Phinny, Hate.. etc) then they also instanced some of the more contested quests such as some epics, Regal band, BiC. They did miss out on a couple epic mobs as you see the threads pop up every new TLP but they did hit most of them. Was this by design or just got missed and no time/dollars to fix? Who knows. By the time they finished instancing GoD for progression/BiC most raids were starting to become instanced already so they moved to a progression only model. Hence no AoC in OoW, none in DoN, none in DoDH and then they put in 2 for PoR for ToB and Relic so people could get into DK in a timely manner. For whatever reason they didn't do devastation even though its required for progression but those mobs drop quite a few pieces and have a fairly short respawn time and no other real reason to continue killing them once you are flagged so thats probably why.
    Captain Video and Skuz like this.
  18. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Very logical, and I agree with what you are saying. I just seek to argue that it is not unreasonable to continue asking for these changes. Storm giants. Goats. Royals. Whether it can be done is something else entirely.

Rift Prime was an excellent case study in a game that wanted to have a progression server, but failed almost entirely to listen to feedback until it was too late. I dabbled, and I enjoyed it a lot. But it was what you would expect from a first shot at a progression server. They cut the levels, did not touch class balance, and as a result it was sabo rogues for daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays. Some raid content was pretty close to unbeatable without several sabo rogues. And Rise of the Phoenix could not be done without a very, very specific class/role composition.

Sony, Daybreak, Darkpaw, they have listened as time has gone on. They do get a lot right. But I think it's important for the health of the game to keep raising these points, and it concerns me when people seek to simply dismiss them out of hand.
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

Thats fair, I think alot of stuff gets dismissed out of hand for 2 reasons:

1. Dev time is limited and there are other things that are more important (namely the things currently botherine mg)
    2. I walked uphill both ways through 3 feet of snow and I didn't die and so can you.

For example, alot of posts lately about VP key with alot of people saying don't change it. Fits both points, for point 1 the devs are busy doing the new expac and cant fix progression flags for Phinny/Selo (and all future TLPs who make it that far) and can't respond to the thread about removing Truebox eventually. The VP key quest is only a point of contention for a couple weeks then fades away as the game moves on. Also, back on live/ragefire/phinny/selo/coirnav/mangler we did it the old way and you can too!

In an ideal world the dev team would be twice as big and would be able to focus on the issues effecting players across all the expansions/servers.
    Skuz and Aneuren like this.
  20. Captain Video Augur

The devs will be completely turned off if the community doesn't learn how to pick and choose its fights. RSS is a low-use zone, they know that, and so arguing about an AoC there is a complete waste of time, IMHO. The other simple truth is that Live servers will always get priority over TLPs, because that's where the vast majority of the paying customers are. Right now there are two time-critical dev tasks for the Live community: getting the new expansion out the door, and continuing to address the server lag issues which afflict Live servers just as much as TLPs. It will be a while before they can get around to training someone new to do what Prathun used to do in navigating all the old code, if that ever happens at all.