Customer Service: Friend or Foe?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dethecus, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Dethecus Elder

If nothing else please consider this post a warning to everyone out there.

My brother and I had our accounts suspended Friday morning (Yes, right before the nice long double XP weekend) because the GM who was doing the AFK check were themselves AFK! Yes that is correct - when we replied to the GM who told us to send them a tell in /tell - as instructed, THE GM WAS AFK and we were subsequently suspended minutes later. We have all of this on video, and screen captures.

We even appealed with our video evidence clearly showing that we were NOT AFK AT ANY POINT. Two of our boxes messaged the GM - asking if they would like a response from all of us (Since we are boxing 2nd characters). The only response we received was the GM's AFK message. The "lead GM" who reviewed our appeal did not seem to care that we were moving, conversing, casting spells, anything - They said we were suspended for being AFK.
    So even now apparently video evidence is not sufficient when a GM suspends you.

It is becoming very apparent that GMs are completely out of touch with the game, when REAL AFK farmers in the Temple of Droga have yet to be suspended, but somehow, the group leveling in LOWER GUK - Gets a week suspension....?

TL;DR: If a GM shows up and asks you to send them a /TELL - DO IT. ON ALL CHARACTERS. It doesn't matter if one of them is your box, if you're moving around, if you're talking in group, if you're casting spells - they don't care. The only thing they care about is if you send them a /TELL.

I'd love to hear any other experiences players have had, both good or bad, with the current Customer Service / GM support.
    Please make sure to not use any names as that is a violation of the forums terms of service.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

End of the day the GM have a job to do, that will inevitably mean that everyone will need to be on their toes.
    It's the price you pay for actual enforcement taking place on the server.
  3. Dethecus Elder

GMs absolutely have a job to do - you're right. But let's look at this logically.

1) An accusation is made: That X player(s) are AFK
    2) A GM Shows up to investigate (As is their job)
    3) A message is sent to the GM asking for clarification
    > It is Ignored (Failure to do their job)
    4) Suspensions ensue
    5) An appeal is made clearly showing no one is AFK
    > Video evidence is ignored (Failure to do their job)

Because now the issue is no longer whether or not a player is AFK. Oh, the character I was playing at the time was pulling, so there is NO message in my logs of the GM asking to send them a message in /tell because I was not even in the vicinity for the message to be recorded. The only way I knew about it was because I was told about it.
  4. jeskola pheerie

Garbage CS from 6-month temps that don't know the game has become the norm unfortunately.
    Machen and Veteran_BetaTester like this.
  5. feigntrain Elder

Weird, I had the opposite problem. Someone live streamed himself training me. I downloaded the vod and sent it, got generic auto response and ticket was closed and nothing was done about it.

You can have proof that you didn't do something and still get suspended for it just for being accused.
    Other times you can have all the evidence in the world and they do nothing.

One thing I won't ever do is accuse them of being competent.
  6. Maze Elder

You need to send a link.

These CSRs will not download videos.
  7. Dethecus Elder

We sent them a link via youtube, and screen shots, and chat logs from multiple characters
  8. feigntrain Elder

I did send a youtube link.
  9. Ninita New Member

Glad i dont have the title baby sitter haha, i ran my own servers in dayz once 99 percent of it was baby sitting people who just couldnt follow rules. I am glad to see they are banning people for afk though haha, i always love a good i got banned and it wasnt my fault post. That earned them a sub from me.
  10. Dethecus Elder

11. That0neguy Augur

You should of blurred out the Active Windows message. Maybe a little more to the story on why you were suspended.
  12. Imdead Augur

That's some pretty handy automation you got there.
  13. Dethecus Elder

Automated entirely by their very own human! :p
  14. Bullsnooze Augur

Windows not activated eh? The only Windows environments that I know that are not activated are running in virtual environments.

Thank you GMs for policing these servers and getting rid of these clowns (if only for a week).
    That0neguy and Duder like this.
  15. Gheed Is not reading your response

I have a garbage $300 laptop that I run my 2nd box on that doesn't have windows activated. You shouldn't make such brazen assumptions. Big part of the problem right there.

These temporary GMs are more than incompetent, it is pretty obvious they have no idea what they are doing.
  16. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Can you please post this on YouTube I would LOVE to see this video !!
    You mentioned YouTube so send me a PM on the link to this video.

That screenshot doesn't say much, there is no time stamp on when the GM sent you a tell. You could have been auto playing while using the restroom for all we know.
  17. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

You are not familiar with free use of windows 10?
    Are you serious?

'duder liked this comment' .. figures :p

https://www.howtogeek.com/244678/you-dont-need-a-product-key-to-install-and-use-windows-10/#:~:text=Microsoft allows anyone to download,10 after you install it.
    https://www.howtogeek.com/wp-conten... pj ws js rj rp rw ri cp md.ic.Gqir83b_3c.png
  18. Machen New Member

Fortunately we aren't too far from the end of the six months.
  19. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Honestly, the normal GM's that I deal with do little to nothing but press a hot key reply.
  20. Talimat Elder

And if they actually enforced the serious problems, I do not believe anyone would have an issue with them making a mistake. But focusing on active boxes over server wide repetative disruptions is a grave disservice to all of us. And for the record, i'm all for banning people who are automating game play, and I still disagree with their action here.