Mage Epic 2.5 has a bonus Necro 2.0 Focus Spell Description

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Stringent, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Stringent New Member

Empowerment of shadows now appears on the Mage 2.5. I cannot confirm if it is on the 2.0 as well. It appears to only be visual and the effect is not actually offering any benefits.
    Duder and Sancus like this.
  2. Szilent Augur

Skuz likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

A for observation, you noticed something!
    F for effort, must try harder to check stuff out, you'll learn a crapload about the game just looking up things like spell effects, focus effects etc.
  4. Sancus Augur

It is a new and incorrect description. It appears that in the August patch, all of the Empowerment of Shadows foci were changed to have their descriptions refer to DoT critical chance. Here's the change on the Mage one:

08/19/2020 - Description changed from 'Increases the effectiveness of your epic focus.' to 'Increases the chance for your Damage over Time spells to cause critical damage by #1%. This effect will lose $1% of its power per level on spells above level @1.'

The functionality is unchanged, but the spell description is incorrect now.
    RPoo, Riou, Duder and 2 others like this.
  5. Stringent New Member

Then a slight amendment as Sancus reported it far more accurately than my original post. Empowerment of Shadows is appearing on the Mage 2.5 and the effect is inaccurate since the Aug 19th patch. Effectiveness of the hate reduction of the weapon appears unchanged. Silence of Tivish (https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=6292) appears (very difficult to test accurately without a hate meter) to still be offering the hate reduction as intended.
    Duder likes this.