Raid Warriors - What Illusions/Familiar combo do you tend to run? (Tov)

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Zaltan, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Zaltan Journeyman

Just wondering what raid warriors or any tank that raids tov tend to combine :)
  2. slatil New Member

jann mask and emperor ganak familiar tehre migth be some thing eles but i think thouse are the best
    minimind likes this.
  3. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Familiar: Emperor Ganak, reward earned for completing Paragon of the Ring of Scale.
    Illusion Benefit: Dragorn War Mask, now a possible reward from the Legend of the Dragonbrood item bought in the Marketplace, used to come from the LoN Legacies set.
    Illusion Benefit: Greater Jann, reward earned for completing Paragon of The Burning Lands.
    If you're looking to be super small for wall/corner tanking: Visage of Nillipus or Visage of the Brownie Noble, both now a possible reward from the Legend of the Oathbound item bought in the Marketplace, used to come from the LoN Forsworn set.
    I suppose you could also try getting the familiars Razors Edge, Blunt Force, or Vanishing Point for the tiny damage bonus...
  4. Zaltan Journeyman

I use all the above so thats good news. I wasnt sure if there was another with some more ac that could be combined.
  5. Krool Lorekeeper

My setup was recommended to me by some guild mates and is a little weird because it requires the stat slots of the illusion and familiar key rings to be empty in order to work properly.

I use Jann's Veil, Carillon Box of Lost Songs clicky buff from RoF, Drogan Goblin Familiar, and Emperor Ganak Familiar. Drogan uses stacking group: familiar stat A which stacks with the Requiem of Remembrance buff from the Carillon Box. Clicking Ganak AFTER Drogan will override Drogan and allow it to stack with Requiem buff and avoid auto-removing it.
  6. Cicelee Augur

Having the benefits of two familiar? That seems like something that should be corrected.

This coming from someone who has both and would benefit from both at the same timw...
  7. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Why? You can have many illusion benefit buffs stacked on at the same time (Jann, bonus damage, lev, DS, movespeed, ultravision, faction, AC), it isn't really different and is too small to matter.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  8. Cicelee Augur

It just seems wrong. Maybe it is intended. Maybe devs are aware and approve two familiar buffs at the same time. It would be reassuring to hear a red name say so.

If I am wrong, I will be glad to be. I don't use Ganak because the Drogan is just better for my class. If I can use both legitimately? Win!
  9. Krool Lorekeeper

I don't know if it needs to be corrected or not, but it is weird how Ganak and Requiem (Carillon) buff do not stack unless Drogan is clicked first and then overwritten by click of Ganak.
  10. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Too bad Ganak and Drogan don't stack!