RTX 3070 will outperform 2080ti at less then 1/2 the price $499!?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Can't wait to get Geforce RTX 3070 to run Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on max settings and simultaneously raid at the same time....:rolleyes:
    Khat_Nip likes this.
  2. Xerzist Augur

Stares at my 1070...

*dies*
  3. The real Sandaormo Augur

Not needed, I 3 box on my iwatch.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

At that pricepoint, 3070 looks very nice :).
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I'll never spend more than $200 on a video card. No point really other than conspicuous consumption (in the form of ebragging).
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I'm going to be a pro gamer and install five of these on my rig, maybe I will get more than 10 FPS in Emerald Jungle then.
    yepmetoo likes this.
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Have to buy the 3090's for SLI, 5 3090's ftw!!
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

But can it run everquest with shadows on? Fluidly, even on raids? :p
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Remember those old computers that took up an entire floor of a building? Yeah, something like that, with modern hardware.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Like this one: [IMG]

:D Thats 27000+ Nvidia Tesla GPU's btw...
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Watching a linus tech tips stream, it was mentioned the cores on the new 3000 series cards are about 70% of the size of the current cores. Anyone confirm?
  12. Zinth Augur

and you can still 16box EQ on a 1030...
  13. Captain Video Augur

Waiting for Gigabyte to announce a 3080-based water-cooled eGPU box. I was looking at getting the 2080ti version, but it now looks way overpriced at $1499.
  14. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

To be fair, the 3090 is replacing the Titan which is a $2500 card. So, it's actually a pretty good deal as well. The card replacing the 2080 ti (3080 ti) hasn't been unveiled yet, I imagine it will be priced around the $1k range, something to slot in between the 3080 and 3090.
  15. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

StickFigures for the win!
  16. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

17. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

30ish% faster than a 2080 ti for $500 less, this should be a good series to upgrade to. The official reviews will be out on Wednesday, not saying the leaked benchmarks are fake but in a couple days we will see plenty of comparisons from reliable sources.

My only concern with them so far is supply. I have a feeling they will sell out quickly and you know 3rd party sellers will jack the price way up on them.
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Funny how people spend so much money on a computer graphics card on a ancient eq game.

Andarriel
    Coagagin likes this.
  19. Reapsoul New Member

3090 isnt realy a titan if you watch any tech news you will know its not the full card all titans have been fully enabled cards this is a 3080ti they are up priceing to 1500$ and lieing about it being a titan they are holding the real titan back just incase amd has something then they willl drop the real titan at 2k to 2500 to regain the fastest card in world crap they always pull.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

People play other games...
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.