Request: Add Agent of Change for Riftseeker Sanctum

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by A player, Sep 7, 2020.

1. A player New Member

Asking what the possibility of this happening and why it isn't already an option. Everything in PoP has the option for an AoC why not this? The loot is comparable to MPG trails which are done by a DZ so in my opinion this should be an option for TLPs to experience past content without bat phoning.

Opinions?
    Entia likes this.
  2. Captain Video Augur

Why? There is no raid in the zone, it's all group-level content, with no memorable loot. Some of the 1.5 and 2.0 epic questlines pass through there, but those steps should be trivial. There was a time when you needed to do a raid-level quest to get flagged for Anguish, but now you're auto-flagged for Anguish at 68 and for RS itself at 69 (unless they've reverted that for TLPs now, which would be news to me). If there are truly a lot of people in the zone, it will generate a pick, so perhaps the pick threshold needs a tweak.
  3. A player New Member

The King and Queen are raid level loot for the OoW expansion. That is my reasoning for the request.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

This was just brought up about a week ago. Consensus was its forgettable loot even in era and some other stuff including it not even being killed much.
  5. A player New Member

I get what you're saying. Guilds are still going to be running tacvi on anguish off nights along with the MPG trials. The King and queen offer tacvi level loot and guilds could run a RSS dz the same night as MPG. I guess I just dont see why not have the option vs leaving it out. Content is content for a 3 month expansion.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

They've been pretty firm that AoC exist for progression. Riftseekers isn't required, hence the lack of AoC
  7. Captain Video Augur

The King and Queen are both fun fights and will take a larger force to navigate, doesn't have to be anywhere near a full 48-man raid force though. You'll need a couple of good healers, a few who know what they're doing with the CC for the mobs the princes/princesses spawn, and someone who can snare or slow the bombs when they appear. They're very rarely contested, which is really the deciding factor for whether or not they need to have an AoC. Something to do if your actual raid night finishes early or gets called off.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Prathun is gone, ain't no way this is happening.
    Machen and Captain Video like this.
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

To kill uncontested raid targets.
    Uh, no? Let me know when you finish single grouping King and Queen in era.
    News incoming: this is incorrect. Anguish requires full flagging to enter in era.
    Note the answer to your first question.

My goodness, your post is full of more misinformation than one can usually find in a single place. I don't actually think these raid targets particularly need an AoC, but sometimes you don't really need to post when you have literally no clue what you're talking about.
  10. EternalNewb Journeyman

I have two thoughts about this.
    1. Developers are very very busy starting or continuing to work on the new expansion. They don't have time to work on anything non-bug related. I mean some of the made posts on the forums last week, that should be enough for overtime for at least a month.
    2. They simply don't want too many zones to have it. They don't want to be too easy to find spots for experience, especially ones that might reward augments.
  11. A player New Member

Having never attempted a RSS raid on live, I really wanted to see the event on this TLP. I just like running and seeing old content. The past few times I've checked to see them up during our raid hours they've been down. My guild isnt going to bat phone a raid like this when other DZs could be done instead.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You'll find plenty of opinions in the recent thread about this topic here:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/aoc-for-rss.269395/
  13. Machen New Member

Except there are AoC's that are not progression related in every earlier expansion. Master Yael, Faydedar, heck most of Kunark... The ring war aoc (and you could argue really all of Velious as there isn't any progression other than ST keys...) the deep, khati sha, qvic... PoP is the only one where every AoC is for progression, but that's only because every single pop raid is for progression.
  14. Captain Video Augur

Then it's been reverted for the TLPs; I can't find any patch note anywhere which says they did this. On Live the flag quest is there, but can be skipped if your main is 68 or above. Confirmable by Zam.

Both King and Queen can be requested by a group of six, not 48. I didn't say it could be done by six in-era; in fact I said exactly the opposite. As I've pointed out in many other threads like this one, it's a common codebase. They're not going back and special-casing TLP behavior to that level of detail. If memory serves, there is also no lockout if you fail the event, however I think the respawn timers on King and Queen are both three days. I have always described things like these as "raid-level encounters" rather than actual raids. YMMV.

And once again, Prathun is gone. Deal with it people.
  15. Machen New Member

Of course it has. That's the whole point of the TLP's, you actually have to ... progress. Pretty much all the shortcuts and level based flag unlocks are reverted on the TLP's across the board.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Captain Video Augur

I remember that discussion, it was back when the expansions were unlocking on the first "fully-instanced" server (Phinny). Prathun made the dev team's position quite clear at the time. He liked to use the term "open-air" to distinguish raid-level encounters from actual instanced raids. Argue the semantics all you like, it doesn't change the fact that the OP's question was asked and answered three years ago, when the dev team was significantly larger than it is today. Good luck trying to change it now.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

What do you mean requested? These mobs are OW encounters not request able raids (hence the post asking for the to be request able via AoC)
    Machen likes this.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Hopefully if this does go through it paves the way for a Hadden AOC.
  19. Captain Video Augur

Sorry, I'm typing too fast tonight. Yes, they are OW encounters, and I was answering a challenge claiming they were actual raids. Plus it's been a while since I've done one of these on Live. What I meant to emphasize is that it is a GROUP zone; most encounters there can be done by a standard group of six. A few, such as King and Queen, were designed for more than six, but no way do they need a full raid force of 48 to complete in-era. The actual raids in the expansion are identified as such, and they have been instanced on all TLPs since Phinny.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

Yes, they are 12-18 man mini raids in era. Also Anguish and MPG were always instanced and there are 0 Agents of Change in Omens of War =)