Overseer Art?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ostinato, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Ostinato New Member

I really like some of the artwork for the Agents in Overseer, but the pics are somewhat small.

Is there a way to see or download larger, higher-rez versions? I would presume the original art was larger.

A lot of artists must have put much time into crafting those, their work deserves to be more fully appreciated.

On a similar note, it would be nice if some of the older EQ art (like box cover art etc.) was made available online somehow.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Duder like this.
  2. Duder Augur

The full sized files are available on your computer as picture files. The usual location is c:/users/public/daybreak game company/installed games/everquest/uifiles/default/overseer

Edit: Apparently they arent viewable as standard picture files as their extension is .dds. Which I am unsure of what program would be able to open.
  3. Ostinato New Member

They can be viewed with File Viewer Plus (from the Microsoft Store), but they're still quite small (image area is about 320x320 pixels).
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Nadisia Augur

If you want a free software, you can still use GIMP with a DDS plugin.

What the heck ?!?! The forum is filtering the G.I.M.P word :D
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Paint.NET shows them for me. I cannot recall if I needed a plugin for them or if it is native to Paint.NET. Either native or plugin, I know it was all free.
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I might have an old HDD with LoN still installed. Will have to connect it up etc and look.. but all the artwork for overseer is for LoN cards.
  8. Tadenea Augur

I miss LoN soo many good artworks
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It would be cool to see a collectible book with all of the LoN/Overseer artwork. It would appeal to EQ1 and EQ2 players, as well as the broader MMO community at large.

I know the 10th Anniversary book has some LoN/Overseer artwork. It would be nice to see a book devoted to the full portfolio.

I wonder if Daybreak would run into licensing or other IP issues, however.