New Expansion Releases...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pawtato, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Pawtato Augur

How does it make you feel, when a new expansion launches? Is it able to scratch that new feeling, when you first entered Norrath? Is there a methodical approach to how you handle the new content, complete each zone one by one or follow the main partisan tasks?
  2. Duder Augur

Are you asking as to bait people to respond so that you can berate them and tell them how they're wrong because they don't agree with you like in your other posts?
  3. KermittheFroglok Augur

I’m not falling for it either. Some people have gotten tired of the old content and want something new, some people like the older stuff. To each their own, the important part is that it keep making enough people happy to retain players and bring in enough money to keep the game supported.

If you don’t like new stuff, play TLP, if you like the new expansions then keep playing the new stuff and support it with expansion purchases to keep em coming.

There is not right answer, just EQ love.
  4. Nadisia Augur

As we're a couple of filthy non-raiders and casual players, we still have a lot of things to do on ToV, and even TBL for some alts, so we're not in a rush.
    Our method : do a little bit of this, and that ... oh, and a bit of this too.

A highly scientific and unorganized way to play and progress :D
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

^This
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Duder like this.
  6. Pawtato Augur

Fair, but my posts aren't to berate anyone. EQ is my addiction, which created a domino effect of bad decisions. I stopped a few months ago, and my last few topics I've created have been about my own progression away from the game, skipping quest lore, weekly played time.

The pandemic has drove people back into gaming that had quit, but now find themselves repeating their past destructive behaviors. If, it means I'm considered a troll on this board for getting people to reflect publicly or privately then it's worth it.

Feel free to send me a PM, and I'll share my story.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Someone really thinks highly of themselves...
    Coagagin and Duder like this.
  8. Allayna Augur

/hides the tank belts.
    Flatchy, svann and -----Cinexa----- like this.
  9. Pawtato Augur

Not really, but you never really know what seemingly minor thing gets someone to pause and reflect. Something minor like my dogs looking at me on a nice morning, hit the pause button for me. It made me realize, all three of us hadn’t been out for a walk and had gotten fat from snacks and treats.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Sounds like you are looking for some validation for your descision to step away from the game or reduce your play time.

Keyword here for you is Balance, as much as people talk about a work-life balance (as they should) so too is there a need for a gaming-life balance.

There are a lot of hours in a day if you use them well & don't waste them, secret to that is planning your daily & weekly activites to have structure if you feel that you need it.

If you need to pause & reflect these forums are not really the place for that, though maybe for you it has become the only one left, gaming ain't the problem it's like anything else in life, don't overdo it to the exclusion of all else or you will pay the piper later.
    I say this as a Bipolar disorder sufferer, structure is how I cope with what is a serious mental illness, planning my daily/weekly activites takes minutes at most but makes my life so much richer, it's so easy to slip into an unproductive & unrewarding routine, you can develop a new one just as easily as you adopted a bad one.
  11. Cicelee Augur

Some people create threads to try and influence others.

Some people try to change item A, and instead others decide to change item B.

Some people try to race first to the finish line, only to always fall short.

I hope that one day those who create threads can help others, those who want item A to be changed can do so, and those who race to the finish line will end up in first place.
  12. Febb Augur

What part of the country do you live in? We had a short period where people were scared to go out but that only lasted for maybe a couple months. It's been back to business as usual here like before the pandemic hit. Our active infection rates have flatlined so everyone is out like nothing had ever happened with of course wearing masks and social distancing.